• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Copper

Shock Trooper In Stooper
    Jan 26, 2012
    I am considering parting with my Beretta 9000s .40cal but I don't know if I should try to trade it for something or maybe try to sell it outright.

It shoots great and only scores 100's at department range time. I just don't carry it hardly at all and my wife and kids don't like the recoil their little wrists endure with it.

What do you guys think? Should I park it in the safe for 20 years or send it to someone else?

Attachments

• beretta 056.JPG
      beretta 056.JPG
      38.2 KB · Views: 293

Copper

Shock Trooper In Stooper
    Jan 26, 2012
    Is it odd that I am actually pondering some of these suggestions?

PGTMG

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2010
    Hide it as part of the Easter egg hunt. No wait...I think that is a bad idea.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    What kind of ammunition are you using? 165gr FMJ WWB has less recoil/noise than some of the other ammo I've used, and if you can get some of the Hornady Match steel case there's even less noise and recoil.

Personally, I'd put it on consignment versus trading it in, as I don't like losing that much money on a transaction.

Copper

Shock Trooper In Stooper
    Jan 26, 2012
    what were you looking for?

I'm not really sure to be honest. I was thinking that another 9 of some sort but then I like .22's also since they're cheap to shoot. I don't really know what the 9000's are worth yet as I haven't looked them up.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    You said it shoots great. Great shooters are hard to come by. Your kids will get older and may eventually enjoy shooting it. I only sell guns that I do not enjoy shooting. I am also a big Beretta fan. I do not have a 9000s, yet. If you decide to sell it PM me.

Last edited:

Copper

Shock Trooper In Stooper
    Jan 26, 2012
    You said it shoots great. Great shooters are hard to come by. Your kids will get older and may eventually enjoy shooting it. I only sell guns that I do not enjoy shooting. I am also a big Beretta fan. I do not have a 9000s, yet. If you decide to sell it PM me.

If I decide to part with it, I'll keep you in mind thanks.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    I would keep it. You can't just go out and buy another one if you regret selling it later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom