• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dre271

Dre
    Oct 9, 2011
    Howard County
    Does anyone recommend a good gun shop to unload some C&R stuff through consignment around the Howard County area? I have too many Mosins and I am looking to unload them 10 rifles, I do not feel like placing a bunch of $125 rifles in the classifieds dealing with the hassle.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Does anyone recommend a good gun shop to unload some C&R stuff through consignment around the Howard County area? I have too many Mosins and I am looking to unload them 10 rifles, I do not feel like placing a bunch of $125 rifles in the classifieds dealing with the hassle.

So I have to ask. What exactly do you have? Some of us might be crazy enough to take half or all of them off of your hands for the right price. You buy a crate of them at some point, or just a bunch of B grades from Classic?

Mendozaco

Dec 5, 2013
    Rockville, MD
    Best place is to sell them here. I be interested in 2 or 3 at that price. Love to check your rifles and pick the three I'm interested.

Most places will withhold a consignment % fee and may issue you a 1099-Misc for tax purposes. That means taxes at the end of the year. I could be wrong about gunshop issuing 1099's, but in other industries they do. Check with your local shop.
    PM me if interested.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I would also suggest listing them here. Try as a lot of 10 if you like, or sets of 5 may go quicker. You may have to take a little less to move them as a lot but they will be gone pretty quick and simple.

For a consignment suggestion I would look at the Gun Shack in Mt. Airy. I asked once a while back about their rates and I want to say it was $50 or X%. I think you may fall into the $50 category since they are not pricey guns which would eat up your asking price fast. If you have several you may be able to get a better rate if they want them.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    I would also suggest listing them here. Try as a lot of 10 if you like, or sets of 5 may go quicker. You may have to take a little less to move them as a lot but they will be gone pretty quick and simple.

For a consignment suggestion I would look at the Gun Shack in Mt. Airy. I asked once a while back about their rates and I want to say it was $50 or X%. I think you may fall into the $50 category since they are not pricey guns which would eat up your asking price fast. If you have several you may be able to get a better rate if they want them.

Yeah, you'd be surprised at what you can sell at as a lot. Someone had a lot of 3 of them a little while back and it lasted all of like 20 mins in the classified ads. Of course, they were priced to sell, but they went quick.

Mendozaco

Dec 5, 2013
    Rockville, MD
    Looks like you already have buyers for all your mosin. PM the group above and sell all by the end of the week. You could have $1,250 cash by Saturday.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Brian at South Carroll Sporting goods does a great job on consignment stuff. Not sure if Lou @ shooters discount does consignment, but he would be a good idea too.

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    6 bills for 5 rifles is a good deal. If I had the cash I would be sending you my c&r license info right now. I bet you can unload them here with little hassle and make a fair deal more money than you would selling on consignment especially since they are c&r guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom