• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • C&RTactical

Jul 24, 2013
    I have seen plenty of things on the internet, but I want to see what MDS's experience is with this. I basically know how to do it but is it worth it? Right now 7.5 Swiss PPU is non existent and the other options are expensive. I have a case of GP11 I am slowly shooting and keeping the brass. I just wonder is it worth converting or just buying the brass off of Grafs. Also what is the scrap value of this brass? Is anyone crazy enough to reload this to want to buy my GP11 brass?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Although I have Some PPU brass I've been saving, I've still kept my GP11. I don't think I"m that interested in converting, but I like the way that article decapps. Anyone know if Tula Large Berdan primers work on the GP11? I've seen them once so I know they exist :)

EDIT: I just found that they do.
    The issue is seating the primer which is wider than the Boxer primer. Requires some mods to the primer tool.

http://www.dagammo.com/shop/non-cor...e-rifle-berdan-primers-5000-primers-p-47.html

C&RTactical

Jul 24, 2013
    I have been to that site on converting it. It would probably be a good starting point on it that I have been considering. The only PPU brass I can find is $.50 a piece from Grafs. Though truthfully I have 120 rounds of PPU so it is not urgent but I would like to try to do the conversion do just have more brass for cheap.

d'Artagnan

Nov 4, 2008
    Ellicott City
    Having successfully reloaded hundreds of GP11 cases with Tula 7.62Nato berdan primers, I can tell you that it is SO MUCH easier to get the GRAFS/PPU cases and reload with boxer primers. Don't bother/waste your time reloading GP11; take it to your local metal recycler. Last brass I took in for recycle I was paid $1.63 per pound. And the GP11 primers are .217" in diameter and large rifle primers are .210", a big difference. You just can't seat a .210" primer in a .217" hole, they'll simply fall out. Finally, I got more accurate reloads using the GRAFS/PPU brass than with GP11 brass.

C&RTactical

Jul 24, 2013
    Thank you, d'Artagnan that was an answer I was looking for. The only guilt I have to say about this is selling for scrap such nice brass. I will probably buy a couple hundred pieces with my next order from Grafs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom