Cops Sneak Onto Man’s Property, Confiscate Surveillance Camera Without a Warrant (NOV 2023)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The wildlife police being there isn't the problem.

Seizing (stealing) and searching the camera without evidence of a crime, is the issue.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    That's pretty egregious behavior by the warden(s). As @Inigoes wrote, taking the camera/contents crosses the line. Makes me think they received a tip, but even so, that is way out of bounds.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So...What would happen, if a property owner saw someone in camo and guille sneaking around their property, and in fear for their life and their family's safety, shot these guys?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The concept of "private" property left the venue a looong time ago.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    So...What would happen, if a property owner saw someone in camo and guille sneaking around their property, and in fear for their life and their family's safety, shot these guys?
    If those guys were not a danger to the family, then thats a bad shoot.

Shouting "get off my property, you are trespassing" is appropriate

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I hope he wins and eventually the legality of the law gets changed.
    They should not be allowed to just roam on private property

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    If those guys were not a danger to the family, then thats a bad shoot.

Shouting "get off my property, you are trespassing" is appropriate
    Except, according to the current ROE for these DNR cops (anything goes), if you yell, “Get off my property, you are trespassing”, they can ignore you, flip you the bird, etc. They are cops so they’ll likely be armed. How are you to know they aren’t a danger? So, if you shot them, even if you legitimately (to you) thought they were a threat, since they are cops with the rules they have (anything goes for them), I think you’d be charged with murder and spend the rest of your days getting your backside enlarged till you could park a truck in It.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    What if it was a little different and some ordinary guys were on someones property armed, and they were trespassing and then once confronted shot actual the landowner?
    And the persons who did the shooting were mistaken for where they were at?

Sirex