• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trap

Sep 26, 2010
    Germantown
    looks like the only sports they give much attention for coverage are basketball, swimming, and gymnastics. do they ever feature any of the shooting sports?

qualifying event for men's trap was supposed to be at 4:00 AM today so i woke up 10 minutes earlier at 3:50 hoping to watch it before i go to work. but they never even mentioned it. all i saw was basketball between Lithuania and France and gymnastics.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I am surprised there are shooting events. After all they are being held in London. Maybe there is no coverage because they don't want their subjects to know how much fun shooting can be.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    There was coverage of women's skeet a few days ago. NBC sucks. I think they only show events that the US has a decent chance of medalling in.

trap

Sep 26, 2010
    Germantown
    There was coverage of women's skeet a few days ago. NBC sucks. I think they only show events that the US has a decent chance of medalling in.

Vince Hancock also got a Gold in men's skeet but they never showed how he got it. NBC really sucks.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    On the local NBC news about an hour ago one of the anchors complained about how they never show archery.
    I would definitely watch the Olympics more if I could see some shooting and archery.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    I saw the medal ceremony on TV for mens skeet but not the actual event.

I'm surprised archery is not getting more attention with the Hunger Games connection.

Mildot

Nov 23, 2011
    Arnold, MD
    If nbc didn't aire Ameican Kim Rhodes new olympic record and world record tying 99/100 in skeet shooting then little hope they aire any other shooting events. Disappointing to say the least.

i did download the nbc olympic apps for my ipad and ave been watching the shooting events there. You can check the online schedule and watch most of the shooting events live but they are on during the workday like most of the olympics in GMT. I think 50m rifle is online at 0655 and rapid fire pistol at 0925. They are all recorded so you can watch them anytime online.

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    I watched the entire final round (25 targets) of Kim Rhode's gold medal victory. It was on last Sunday at 0900 on MSNBC. I was surprised as hell it was on.

I didn't see any of the men's final. Just Sgt. Hancock on the medal stand.

They probably didn't show any men's trap because neither of the Americans qualified for the final.

Corey Cogdell and Kim Rhode are shooting in the women's trap qualification on Saturday. They may show something of that as Rhode has already won a medal.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I watched 6 straight hours of coverage because women’s skeet was scheduled. I cheated by looking at the internet and knew Kimberly Rhode was going to shoot a 99 and I wanted to see it. After watching 6 hours of Equestrian Dressage, ping pong, badminton, and hula hoop they failed to show the shooting.:mad54:

NBC did interview Rhode prior to the event and it was humorous the commentator was very careful to not mention guns. He kept saying, ‘You have the opportunity to win gold in your sport’. ‘You may be the only American athlete ever to win medals for an individual event in five consecutive Olympics… in your sport.’

If Olympic tradition cannot legitimize a sport and NBC would like to pretend recreational shooting does not exist, that just plays more into their biased agenda.

There was a definitely a flair of condescendence by NBC, which should have been insulting to an American gold medalist. She took it well.:thumbsup:

Samuel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 12, 2012
    It baffles me that we don't clean-sweep the shooting sports. With guns as such an integral part of our national heritage you'd think we'd be a dominant force in the Olympic shooting games compared to most of the rest of the world living under strict gun control. .

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    It baffles me that we don't clean-sweep the shooting sports. With guns as such an integral part of our national heritage you'd think we'd be a dominant force in the Olympic shooting games compared to most of the rest of the world living under strict gun control. .

Their teams have money. We don't.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28

Their teams have money. We don't.

The few that are allowed have almost unlimited resources.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I didn't know they had shooting sports in the Olympics. I'm not into sports of any kind to be honest, but, I figured it couldn't be more than BB guns / air rifles. What else is available ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scooby225

Latest threads

Top Bottom