Coyote spotted RT.216/ Browns bridge rd.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reaper812

Wayne
    Sep 14, 2012
    Howard county
    Trail cam caught him Tuesday night, keep an eye on your little dogs!
    I'll try to call him in this weekend.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
      image.jpeg
      89.8 KB · Views: 520

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    Not a surprise. They've been pretty heavy in HoCo for almost 10 years. Some yuppies near me were putting dog food out thinking they were stray dogs...

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    When I lived in Nevada we had them all over and they don't eat little dogs. Bunny's yes, dogs no. They really don't like anything that puts up a fight.

The ones that have moved into MD don't seem to mind a little scuffle. Two of the ones I've seen have been chasing full grown deer and the one i caught (watched it hit the trap while chasing deer) had been kicked hard enough at some point to knock out a tooth and fracture its upper jaw pretty good

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I hope they don't bother joggers because sometimes I run late at night on the other side of that farm.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Down the street from us, a neighbor reported a Yote pulling a deer into the woods. We back up to park property where a stream runs through it. Lots of deer. Random Yote reports over past few years.

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    The ones that have moved into MD don't seem to mind a little scuffle. Two of the ones I've seen have been chasing full grown deer and the one i caught (watched it hit the trap while chasing deer) had been kicked hard enough at some point to knock out a tooth and fracture its upper jaw pretty good

that's because the Coyotes migrating east have interbred with wolves creating the Eastern Coyote.

From what I have read all the coyotes on the east coast have wolf DNA and are more social (with other coyotes), larger, and more aggressive than the western counterpart.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    that's because the Coyotes migrating east have interbred with wolves creating the Eastern Coyote.

From what I have read all the coyotes on the east coast have wolf DNA and are more social (with other coyotes), larger, and more aggressive than the western counterpart.

And then there are the coydogs to contend with. I don't know how prevalent they are around here.

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    Out west they weren't an issue. Little for the most part and didn't want to be around people. The population went up and down with the rabbit population. Lots of bunny's lots of yotes, no bunny's no yotes. I enjoyed seeing them the few times that I did.

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    My old peepers weren't deceiving me, saw a dead one at the ramp to I-95 south from 216 a few yards away from a deer carcass.

I saw a pretty big one munching on a road kill deer at the bottom of north 795 two winters ago.

I've made a few trips to the Carolina's in the last couple months and saw more road kill coyotes than road kill deer

I saw a pretty big one munching on a road kill deer at the bottom of north 795 two winters ago.

I've made a few trips to the Carolina's in the last couple months and saw more road kill coyotes than road kill deer

You're the third person who has mentioned this.
    The way the bird flies, I'm a half mile from 695/795 with woods and a FT stream behind my house. I have never seen evidence of coyotes around here. LOTS of fox and deer, but never a yote.

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    You're the third person who has mentioned this.
    The way the bird flies, I'm a half mile from 695/795 with woods and a FT stream behind my house. I have never seen evidence of coyotes around here. LOTS of fox and deer, but never a yote.

I'm not far from you as the crow flies, 5 miles at most. I saw one near the Royal Farm Store on Red Run right before the big snow storm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom