• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cordite

Mar 28, 2009
    Timoniumland
    Just a quick "heads up." My wife is looking for work and went on Baltimore craigslist. She e-mailed her resume and faxed a couple things. She got some responses that tell you they are doing a pre-interview selection process and direct you to another website, which they say is an employment test. It's a survey company and they want a bunch of personal info. A few are asking you to go to another website and submit to a credit check before they interview you, because they want you to use their company credit card. Not that you all are not aware but this stuff is bogus. There is no job interview. It's another scam.

Let's be careful out there.

Cordite

Mar 28, 2009
    Timoniumland
    Almost. She started to do the pre-interview screen and then started thinking that it was just weird that they would ask for all this personal stuff on-line, like her SSN to be sure they got the right credit-check. Then she backed out, flipped them the bird and signed off. Scammers are sneaky as anything.

Luke 12:49

A Good Ole Boy
    Feb 18, 2009
    Culvert County
    Almost. She started to do the pre-interview screen and then started thinking that it was just weird that they would ask for all this personal stuff on-line, like her SSN to be sure they got the right credit-check. Then she backed out, flipped them the bird and signed off. Scammers are sneaky as anything.

She should have given then the information to the FBI HQ!

Cordite

Mar 28, 2009
    Timoniumland
    Brilliant! I never thought of that. That's the equivalent of handing the phone to your 4 year old when a phone solicitor calls.:thumbsup:

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Was there broken english and misspell word on the web site?

We sell stuff on Craig's List and we alway get the reply that looks like a 2nd grader typed it or there was little to no effort put in to the message making sense.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    My wife found the exact same things. Usually they told her she was going to be using a company car or credit card so they needed to run the check.

Cordite

Mar 28, 2009
    Timoniumland
    Yep, those are the ones. Glad to see you all are hip to the latest jive. I like the ones where Dr. Ndbele has $15,000,000.00 waiting to send out of the country and needs your help. In return for your account number he will give you $5,000,000. of the money.

Sure, doc, here's my stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom