• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    This was mentioned in the SB281 vote thread and I think its a great idea. Maybe we could create one for events like this, post MDS Shoots, election results, etc. It would be a whole lot easier than refreshing every couple seconds.

G

George

Chat Rooms and Forums do not go well together. If there was a chat people would not post on the forums, they would go to chat for the quick answer.
    The forums will slowly die off. :tdown:

I vote no for a chat room.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Refreshing every couple of seconds sucks. Half of us dont have live hearing feed so this is our only source to be up to speed. A chatroom would makes things 1000x easier for discussions like SB281

G

George

I just think open it up for certain times. Not all the time.

If it was only open for things like the SB281 session, I would be ok with that. Things like this do not come up all the time so it would be temporary.
    But if it was open all the time, I would be against it.

G

George

I don't plan to have it open all the time. Just during high traffic, fast paced events such as this SB281 vote. I'm not sure if I'll have it ready soon enough for this one, but it will be in place for the future.

Awesome, The reason I asked is I had a forum with 7000+ members about Dogs and when I added a chat room it killed the forums as people got a quicker answer in the chat. Plus advertising became a problem in the chat. Then when I closed the chat people got angry and went to another forum with a chat room so it killed the forums off in the long run. I eventually closed the site down.

:party29:

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Awesome, The reason I asked is I had a forum with 7000+ members about Dogs and when I added a chat room it killed the forums as people got a quicker answer in the chat. Plus advertising became a problem in the chat. Then when I closed the chat people got angry and went to another forum with a chat room so it killed the forums off in the long run. I eventually closed the site down.

:party29:

Yeah, that's why I never implemented one. But I can see a need for it during events like this. There are so many people on right now hitting refresh that it is killing the server and it makes it hard to follow along. When stuff like this happens I'll leave it open for a few hours and then shut it down when the event is over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom