• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dj_justice

Aug 29, 2011
    I checked the cresap website a couple weeks ago and it said that saturday hours would return in April. I was checking it out today and noticed this message

"posted: April 5th, 2012
    We have amended our schedule and are now open on Sunday's only. For more information please visit our facilities page."

I am really disappointed saturday is my only day off and cresap is the only decent range I know of within and hour drive of moco. Anyone know whats up with this?

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Sorry, but CRESAP sucks unless you're a certain kind of shooter.

Other ranges within an hour of MOCO include:

Quantico
    NRA HQ in VA

Greater in distance but far better than CRESAP

Del Marva Sporting Clays

Local but expensive (but still better than CRESAP in general)

Gilberts

backnblack

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2009
    Sorry, but CRESAP sucks unless you're a certain kind of shooter.

Other ranges within an hour of MOCO include:

Quantico
    NRA HQ in VA

Greater in distance but far better than CRESAP

Del Marva Sporting Clays

Local but expensive (but still better than CRESAP in general)

Gilberts

There is also 340Defense in Charlestown WV for those in the Frederick area...

backnblack

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2009
    $35 for an hourly membership plus $20 per hour. Not even an option.

We have a family membership. $400 for the year, it paid for itself in the first 90 days.

They rent a wide assortment of NFA weapons including FA, Ranges out to 400 yds and it Shot what you bring. No limitations on caliber or weapon type. Tannerite is also allowed :D

CHEF

May 25, 2011
    frederick Md
    We have a family membership. $400 for the year, it paid for itself in the first 90 days.

They rent a wide assortment of NFA weapons including FA, Ranges out to 400 yds and it Shot what you bring. No limitations on caliber or weapon type. Tannerite is also allowed :D

Oh damn. That's much different. Might have to look more into that. Thanks.

Wreckless

Mar 27, 2009
    Frederick
    That really blows. I know it isn't the best range but it was close and CHEAP. I was looking forward to them opening on Sat and Sun to spread out the crowd.....

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    In the join tcsc section it says participate in some matches to find a sponsor. I'm just not sure if I'm ready for matches. What are they like? Can I come observe one first before I sign up for something?

My thoughts exactly...not ready for matches at all.

CHUNKERMD

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    West MD
    We all had our first match. Go and watch one. Bring gear to participate or just watch and learn.
    Safety is rule #1.
    My experience was everyone was eager to help and answer all of my questions.
    This is FUN stuff......try it.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I didn't participate in any matches prior to joining but would have as there are plenty of disciplines to go 'try'. Trap, Benchrest, IPSC, IDPA, SASS, and CMP matches to spare... I knew a member and had been there with him to shoot at the 300 yard line. Met several folks while i was there and decided to join after I saw the shooting calendar and saw how family friendly the club is.

I 'believe' the Web site text was written as a way to promote coming to see the facility and get to know folks -- I've given 1:1 tours and am always looking for a reason to go shoot.

If you want, shoot me a PM and we'll work through a time which is mutually convenient to go see the facility. The folks are very nice, the monthly meetings well attended, very FAMILY friendly (always see kids on the property) and I've always felt safe on the property and on the line.

I'm headed to TCSC tomorrow night for Public Trap

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom