• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    there are 5+ guests... i hope people do come and read this. and i wish more people that treat the right to bear arms as a privilege (it can be taken away) as well as a right would speak up. i know i'm condemning this guy already but the only way id eat my words is if he didnt make anything resembling a threat and the testimony for the warrant was bs. i dont care if the threat was serious or not.

Agreed. He is either crazy or stupid. Neither is good.

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    I do wish we had more facts.

I do wish there was something more substantive than a hearsay accusation pursuant to a telephone conversation.

Regardless, If you own a tee-shirt that says "Guns don't kill people, I kill people", YOU DON'T REPRESENT ME AS A 2A SUPPORTER. This is not a message I condone or appreciate. I think it's immature and potentially dangerous ideology.

Owning firearms is not something I take lightly. I understand the gravity of my responsibility as a gun owner and advocate, as I'm sure most of us here do (actually up until this came out I would have thought ALL of us do).

z1colt45

Jul 1, 2009
    AA CO.
    I do wish we had more facts.

I do wish there was something more substantive than a hearsay accusation pursuant to a telephone conversation.

Regardless, If you own a tee-shirt that says "Guns don't kill people, I kill people", YOU DON'T REPRESENT ME AS A 2A SUPPORTER. This is not a message I condone or appreciate. I think it's immature and potentially dangerous ideology.

Owning firearms is not something I take lightly. I understand the gravity of my responsibility as a gun owner and advocate, as I'm sure most of us here do (actually up until this came out I would have thought ALL of us do).

agreed 100%. id like to think that in the 3 days between the incident and the warrant being served, the police vetted this and did some police work. could be wrong though. i wish there were more facts as well.do i think it'll change anything? no. i know almost everyone who takes the time to join a forum probably takes firearms more seriously than your average owner. i just wish more people would say that hes innocent til proven guilty, but he should lose his guns if he is. the shirt and how he handled the police in a past post are big red flags to me personally though, so i'm slightly biased.

ffemtreed

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2011
    Wilmington, NC
    My concern is this...

So many have said "he made threats", Or he made stupid comments". Says who?

If there is actual proof, then he's screwed, and rightly so. If it's just his boss' word? I think we have a problem.

How many times has a guy been screwed by his ex-wife/girlfriend by she claiming he said something that was simply not true? It can put you in a world of hurt...

Did the "alleged" threat warrant a visit? Most certainly. Possibly even a trip downtown for an interview. But unless there's concrete proof that it occurred... I don't now if justice is being served...

Jamie

i thought I remember reading an article where LE stated that he admitting to what he said but wasn't serious. Unless LE was exaggerating or the media messed with his statement its pretty much a forgone conclusion he actually said it.

blackseven

Regular Guy
    Aug 30, 2011
    I can honestly say that some of the responses Im reading in the wake of this and the CO Shooting from the 2a side is pushing me into seeing the reasoning the Gun Control people call gun owners crazy. Do some of you people listen to the stuff you say? Im ashamed to be associated with people who make excuses for abhorrent behavior especialy when it damages the 2a cause.

Your ability to get extremely self righteous over a man who hasn't even had charges filed against him - Let alone actually been found guilty of anything has me equally ashamed.

Legally - the most he can be charged with is misuse of a telephone - (Citation: http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...an-warrant-application-psychiatric-evaluation ) IF the statements he made were in fact true, as the warrant is simply hearsay at this point. The ATF has already determined that all of the weapons he owned were legal. He has no prior history of criminal activity or mental instability.

I've known Neil personally for 12 years. This isn't him. He's sarcastic as hell, it's just his nature, but he'd never hurt a fly. He was a big guy and he reminded me of Richard Keil from Happy Gilmore,( This guy: http://www.founditemclothing.com/ha...-happy-gilmore-costume-shirt-screengrab-1.jpg ) that's why he had that shirt that said "Guns don't kill people, I do". It was an inside joke for us, not so much for the PG county cops. He was a groomsman in my wedding to my first wife. He was a DJ in baltimore for awhile between 2004-2008. We were supposed to go to the range together soon, but I couldn't find the time to go with him.

Lastly, I'm not the only friend of his, he has quite a few, and they're coming out to support him. None of us believe he was capable of doing something like this, and I think the police and media should be treating this with a little more neutrality then they have. That said, I agree with everyone's statements that this should have definitely been followed up upon and an investigation done into what intent Neil had to follow through with any hearsay statements that were made. But what's actually happened are sensational news stories making outright false statements with regards to the amount of firearms found, amount of ammunition found and the comments of "I'm a joker" have been re-written in some stories to "I'm the joker".

I don't condone conduct of joking about killing people in the workplace. I believe Neil felt he was in an environment where he could make those comments without them being twisted to be used against him like this. I know that with the people I work with I could never say anything like this. Yet if I were among friends out side of work joking around I know they would understand whatever context I gave (Also they're friends and know my sense of humor). I'm sure all of you have been in similar situations, and know when and where a joke is appropriate or not appropriate.

Some of the stories that were re-written using the AP article I was quoted in were twisted to present a different story.

One thing this entire ordeal has taught me is trust nothing you read in the news. The amount of spin associated with it is appalling. If Neil had carried out something like this I can tell you now I'd be one of those people standing there saying he's the last one I'd have ever thought to do something like that.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Always remember not to let your alligator mouth overload your hummingbird ass.

The suspect has now placed himself in the care of our criminal justice system and you need to remember.....

In the criminal justice system,the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the police,who investigate crime; and the district attorneys,who prosecute the offenders.

By the time this guy gets ajudicated, he will be a backstory and will be replaced by something more worse, gruesome or sensational in the news cycle.

z1colt45

Jul 1, 2009
    AA CO.
    Your ability to get extremely self righteous over a man who hasn't even had charges filed against him - Let alone actually been found guilty of anything has me equally ashamed.

Legally - the most he can be charged with is misuse of a telephone - (Citation: http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...an-warrant-application-psychiatric-evaluation ) IF the statements he made were in fact true, as the warrant is simply hearsay at this point. The ATF has already determined that all of the weapons he owned were legal. He has no prior history of criminal activity or mental instability.

I've known Neil personally for 12 years. This isn't him. He's sarcastic as hell, it's just his nature, but he'd never hurt a fly. He was a big guy and he reminded me of Richard Keil from Happy Gilmore,( This guy: http://www.founditemclothing.com/ha...-happy-gilmore-costume-shirt-screengrab-1.jpg ) that's why he had that shirt that said "Guns don't kill people, I do". It was an inside joke for us, not so much for the PG county cops. He was a groomsman in my wedding to my first wife. He was a DJ in baltimore for awhile between 2004-2008. We were supposed to go to the range together soon, but I couldn't find the time to go with him.

Lastly, I'm not the only friend of his, he has quite a few, and they're coming out to support him. None of us believe he was capable of doing something like this, and I think the police and media should be treating this with a little more neutrality then they have. That said, I agree with everyone's statements that this should have definitely been followed up upon and an investigation done into what intent Neil had to follow through with any hearsay statements that were made. But what's actually happened are sensational news stories making outright false statements with regards to the amount of firearms found, amount of ammunition found and the comments of "I'm a joker" have been re-written in some stories to "I'm the joker".

I don't condone conduct of joking about killing people in the workplace. I believe Neil felt he was in an environment where he could make those comments without them being twisted to be used against him like this. I know that with the people I work with I could never say anything like this. Yet if I were among friends out side of work joking around I know they would understand whatever context I gave (Also they're friends and know my sense of humor). I'm sure all of you have been in similar situations, and know when and where a joke is appropriate or not appropriate.

Some of the stories that were re-written using the AP article I was quoted in were twisted to present a different story.

One thing this entire ordeal has taught me is trust nothing you read in the news. The amount of spin associated with it is appalling. If Neil had carried out something like this I can tell you now I'd be one of those people standing there saying he's the last one I'd have ever thought to do something like that.

i think we can all agree that this has been blown out of proportion by the media. stopped a massacre? dont think so. nor do i really think this man would have carried out the threats. my conclusion has been reached using the warrant, and his past posts and the tshirt doesnt help. i said ill eat my words if i have to. but threatening someone in that manner referencing the joker when you have the means to back it up shows poor judgment and thats why i wont say anything if his gun get taken away. let the courts figure it out

cowboy321

Apr 21, 2009
    Amen. Owning guns is a pretty serious responsibility. Wearing t shirts that brag about the ability to committ homocide is outrageous and disgusting. After Aurora it is not the time to make this serious loser Dude in Crofton a Martyr for gun ownership.

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    My prediction after this all blows over is that the guy will get off with no charges, have all his guns mysterious "lost" by MSP and be left with a large legal bill.

Maybe he'll think more carefully before opening his mouth next time.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I must be missing it.

Could you please show us where, in that warrent, there is anything other than hear-say from a third (interested) party, regarding the alleged threat. (Page and paragraph)

Sorry about that...I meant he was arrested for saying it and it's in the warrant, but whether or not he said it only he knows for sure. We many never know.

z1colt45

Jul 1, 2009
    AA CO.
    he's guilty of damaging the reputation of the majority of gun owners. i still have yet to hear a denial of what he said. i would never threaten someone with my guns, especially in the graphic manner he did. to an employer? he knew it was wrong, he said i shouldn't have said that on govt phone (maybe) whether or nor he was going to do it doesn't matter anymore because the media painted it like he was. and someone who shows poor judgement in regards to firearms shouldn't allowed to possess firearms imo. wearing that tshirt while he was found in possession that many semi autos was just the icing on the cake for the gun haters. im tired of it people like him honestly. not saying hes a bad person. he made a dumb mistake, and i don't think he'll do jail time but i hope he loses his guns. blackseven, i understand that's your friend but can you understand where i'm coming from?

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    I want to apologize to the Mdshooters mods and DD214 for the flack that they have to endure now that some one went off half-cocked.

I buy some Mdshooters items and I CONDUCT MYSELF IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER when I'm on the site as a means of support. I also think about the firearms community when I'm at the range, on the board, at competitions, MSI rallies, etc...because my actions can reflect badly on the entire community and I feel responsible for that.

I expect humbling replies to this, but I could be disappointed.

Those that ask for proof of what the Crofton guy said: http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=1769963&postcount=213

"victim stated that Prescott owned automatic weapons"

Anybody seen or seen reported that any of his guns were full-auto?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Members here have been receiving private messages from new members who are members of the press and are wanting commentary from people here on this matter.

You are to refer them to the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the home page.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    If news items mentioning MDS are not showing us in a good light, why not archive all his posts? That way they are out of sight of the average user, but still available if law enforcement would by some chance want a look by contacting the administrators. Maybe even a temp ban on his account pending the outcome of his case.

Makes no difference. This entire thread is on the internet for eternity, even if we delete or archive it. Google caches everything here within seconds of it being posted.

We've nothing to hide. We've neither condoned, enabled or excused any illegal behavior nor has their been anything ever brought to our attention with regard to this member's behavior.

He's the one responsible for his situation, not this community.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    1-590de13857.jpg

2-4b6e19fe09.jpg

3-67832cbd4e.jpg

4-50284137c7.jpg

First of all, sorry for the lonnnnnnnnng post.
    I am not a lawyer, and don't profess to be one. Also, I am not a LEO, nor do I profess to be one.
    Heck. . . . I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express, last night!!!!!

I've read every word in this thread, plus, every word in the warrant, in the post I quoted.

I have some issues and questions.

First of all, when is it a crime to 'spew out stupidity'??? All I can see is that this guy violated the 12th Commandment - "Thou shall not commit stupid." (The 11th Commandment reads as - "Thou shall not commit ugly."):D

What PROOF is there, that this guy ACTUALLY made the comments/threats??
    It is my understanding that (ETA: in MARYLAND) anyone can make a threat at any time, and unless the person has the tools/implements to carry out the 'threat' on his person AT THAT TIME, that this is NO threat.
    Also, a threat to commit bodily harm must be made in person.
    The only way (that I understand this) to be an actual crime, is IF a threat is made across interstate lines, and then it becomes a federal crime. (Such as. . . making a threat to do bodily harm to someone in Virginia, when the 'threat' is being made in Maryland.)

Next -
    The warrant application/affidavit that's posted states that the firearms are (paraphrasing, here) 'usually' secreted to prevent detection by police. (See item #5 in the warrant application.)
    What bovine scatology!!! Normally, firearms and ammunition are secreted (or, locked in a safe, or safe place!) to prevent theft by someone entering the home/domicile. (Also known as 'thieves'!!!!!)
    That kind of language (in my not-so-humble opinion) wreaks of violating 4th Amendment Rights!!!

Also, the 'victim' stated (in the warrant application), that the 'defendant' owned 'Automatic' firearms!!!
    Why wasn't a search done to see if this guy LEGALLY owned 'Automatic' firearms!?!??!!?
    I've found over the years, that too many times, the term 'automatic' is incorrect and the term 'semi-automatic' is disregarded or intentionally discounted, for 'attention getting' or 'media ratings'.
    (After all, "Ratings" is what gets advertising $$$.):innocent0
    What I saw on the television, was SEMI-Automatic firearms, not "Automatic".

Now, while I do NOT agree with, or condone this guys ALLEGED actions/words, still, this guy has legal rights.

What happens, when he is found innocent??? (Stranger things have happened!!)
    IF this guy IS actually innocent, and has not committed a crime, his name/address has been made public, and he now has been branded as a 'whacko' by the media, police, and others.

We firearms owners/enthusiasts MUST be ever cautious of labeling each other as nutjobs, whackos, idiots, etc., etc., etc., even in jest.

In my not-so-humble opinion, the law enforcement community has a job to do, but, their job should be based on fact, not the 'word' of some guy that gets p-'od at another employee/co-worker and has 'an erection' to get him in trouble.

What this instance does do, is make us all more careful about what we say, or even wear.
    (The fact that this guy had on a particular shirt INSIDE HIS OWN HOME!!!!!, and is now ridiculed for it. . . . . I find appalling.)
    I wonder what would be said, if I wear a T-shirt that I own. . . . outside. . . . that has a picture of John Wayne on the back, carrying his Winchester '92, and wearing his Colt Peacemaker on his hip, and carrying his saddle, thrown over his shoulder, with these words, "Old Guys Rule"!!!

This will be interesting to see how it 'plays out' in a court of law.
    One thing is for certain. . . . . that guy had better 'lawyer up' and 'lawyer up, good'!!!!

Last edited:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

Self Righteous my rear. Your friend wouldnt harm anyone? Anyone is capible of hurting people, especially someone with access to weapons.

He is your Friend, you are hoping he comes out ok, I GET that but your not going to pull the wool over everyones eyes.

There are certain things a person DOES NOT say. Theres nothing "funny" about splattering someones brain all over the place as your friend supposedly said. Theres nothing "funny" about saying youll be the joker a week after a mass murder by someone doing the same like your friend supposedly said.

Not only did the above allegedly happen, but we do know that he made a post about refusing to disarm with the AACPD. His postings in that thread came across as a nut, and someone that wanted to hurt someone. He specifically wanted to "Meet" Kilroy.

People here are WATCHING, The Media is WATCHING, our 2a RIGHTS can be effected by an over reaching Legislature, and this person if guilty has no place being associated with Maryland Gun Owners, Maryland Shooters, or anyone that remotely resembles what Gun Owners stand for.

I never said he needed to be locked away forever, thats up to the State, a Judge and if he requests a Jury of his Peers. I said he isnt one of us based on this and past behavior and the claims made against him which his past behavior indicates is certainly possible. He needs to be investigated, and theres nothing unconstutional about how the State is reacting/investigating.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    A while back, I "liked" a Facebook Page called "Guns don't kill people, dads with pretty daughters do". I also own a MDShooters T-shirt, and another from "gun-deals.com".

I hope I'm not on some secret MSP list, of "potential mass murderers", now.

I liked the MSP better, back in the days when they were infiltrating peace and anti-death-penalty groups, and conducting intimidation of state workers on behalf of the Governor.

blackseven

Regular Guy
    Aug 30, 2011
    He is your Friend, you are hoping he comes out ok, I GET that but your not going to pull the wool over everyones eyes.
    People here are WATCHING, The Media is WATCHING, our 2a RIGHTS can be effected by an over reaching Legislature, and this person if guilty has no place being associated with Maryland Gun Owners, Maryland Shooters, or anyone that remotely resembles what Gun Owners stand for.

I never said he needed to be locked away forever, thats up to the State, a Judge and if he requests a Jury of his Peers. I said he isnt one of us based on this and past behavior and the claims made against him which his past behavior indicates is certainly possible. He needs to be investigated, and theres nothing unconstutional about how the State is reacting/investigating.

blackseven, i understand that's your friend but can you understand where i'm coming from?

I can understand where you're both coming from after he's been found guilty. Again Section 3 Paragraph 5 of the warrant states pretty clearly their probable cause is based off of a conversation that only his supervisor was privy to. Who knows what was actually said if it wasn't recorded and there are no other witnesses.

He hasn't even had the opportunity to consult with a lawyer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom