• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I've not seen any such statement from any LEO...

And AFA as the t-shirt, (which he was wearing at home) goes, I've posted this on my Facebook page in the past:

PS_1076W_DADS_KILL.jpg

Am I now "on the list"?

Jamie

Theres no "list". If you post a picture like that on FB and then tell a boy thats dating your daughter that you want to splatter their brains, well your going to have legal issues.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    Theres no "list". If you post a picture like that on FB and then tell a boy thats dating your daughter that you want to splatter their brains, well your going to have legal issues.

And, as you know, I would never do that. I don't make idle threats.

But here's the thing. We only have the word of the guy that fired him.

To some that's enough to hang the guy. To me? Not so much...

z1colt45

Jul 1, 2009
    AA CO.
    Unless there's a tape, it's hearsay...

Now you're required to wear appropriate clothing while at home? If that's the case, Chad's got some 'splainin' to to... :lol2:

Jamie

I don't think he denied it. His friends are trying to portray his comments as sarcastic to the national media. He got a psych eval and may be in detenton for a week, I don't think the police would continue to hold him unless he did admit to making it

As for the shirt, that's not where I was going. Think of how some one who is opposed to guns will read that story, that's I referred to it as the icing on the cake. and personally i wouldn't own a shirt that says that.

ffemtreed

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2011
    Wilmington, NC
    Read the search warrant affidavit. It's in there as part of the alleged threat...

I can't help it if reporters don't know how to write in a clear, concise manner...:mad54:

It seems pretty clear and concise to me. I want him to be innocent as much as anyone and clear his name, but that doesn't mean I look at everything with rose color glasses.

Look at the facts, even his own family and close friends aren't denying he could have said it, they just downplay it as he was a prankster and sarcastic and would really never hurt anyone.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The defendant never corroborated. That statement was part of the alleged telephone threat...

And Chad, your attempt to belittle those who disagree is beneath you...

Im not belittling anyone. Im calling out people who say stupid crap who dont have a clue.

It was an example showing the stubborness of people saying there has to be all of this evidence to start an investigation.

Obviously people have absolutely no understanding what an "investigation" is. Its to GATHER evidence, its what a Search Warrant is, its what Police do to gather EVIDENCE to determine wether the State can bring charges. Without it bad people couldnt be locked up or prosecuted.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Based on only one person's statement? No corroboration?

Jamie

Say your neighbor and you start having an argument over his dog crapping on your door step. You ask your neighbor to stop allowing this behavior and he says to you, "if I ever see you again I'm going to rape your wife and murder your children. I'm going to do all of this on video and kidnap you and make you watch the video for a week straight before killing you"

You call the police to report it and I tell you well sir I'm sorry but since we have no physical evidence or independent witness I can't take a report of apply for a warrant. Enjoy your night sir.

How do you think that would go over?

If you seem like a credible source when reporting the incident to me then I'm obligated to take your word as face value and apply for the warrant letting the judge sort it out. I refuse to not take something seriously because there is no witness when your obviously afraid otherwise you wouldn't have called for the police.

BTW I apologize for the graphic example and sincerly hope you understand my point instead of hating me for using your family in my example. The shock value was there to hit more close to home to get you thinking differently and I mean nothing personal by the example.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Im not belittling anyone. Im calling out people who say stupid crap who dont have a clue.

It was an example showing the stubborness of people saying there has to be all of this evidence to start an investigation.

Obviously people have absolutely no understanding what an "investigation" is. Its to GATHER evidence, its what a Search Warrant is, its what Police do to gather EVIDENCE to determine wether the State can bring charges. Without it bad people couldnt be locked up or prosecuted.

And without the Constitution, good people CAN be locked up and prosecuted.

I think we're fighting a losing battle, my friend... or at least a futile one.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    And, as you know, I would never do that. I don't make idle threats.

I wouldnt think you would.

Im not sure about your issue here, wouldnt you want the Poice to investigate if someone threatened your loved ones? Notice I didnt say lock up without due process, I said investigate.

Say some nut called your Office for whatever crazy reason, lets say theres no recordings of the phone call. SOmehow some nutcase somehow got you on the phone and said he has a bomb in his trunk of his car. His car in now parked outside your building.

Should you just ignore it? Of course not.

If you decide to call the cops should they say, "Well, you could be lying, were not going to do anything, theres no corroborating witnesses to the threats"? Oh course not.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    Say your neighbor and you start having an argument over his dog crapping on your door step. You ask your neighbor to stop allowing this behavior and he says to you, "if I ever see you again I'm going to rape your wife and murder your children. I'm going to do all of this on video and kidnap you and make you watch the video for a week straight before killing you"

You call the police to report it and I tell you well sir I'm sorry but since we have no physical evidence or independent witness I can't take a report of apply for a warrant. Enjoy your night sir.

How do you think that would go over?

If you seem like a credible source when reporting the incident to me then I'm obligated to take your word as face value and apply for the warrant letting the judge sort it out. I refuse to not take something seriously because there is no witness when your obviously afraid otherwise you wouldn't have called for the police.

BTW I apologize for the graphic example and sincerly hope you understand my point instead of hating me for using your family in my example. The shock value was there to hit more close to home to get you thinking differently and I mean nothing personal by the example.

Well, considering I never suggested any such thing, your example is pointless.

Early on in this thread, I specifically said he should be checked into, and questioned about the alleged threat. The search warrant, the confiscation of all of his weapons the "psych evaluation", ie involuntary commitment? I've some problems with that.

Oh, and how many times have we heard that the response form the police is, after someone complains about a crazy neighbor making threats, "Sorry, we can't arrest him until he actually does something"?

This guy is screwed 6 ways from Sunday, simply because this took place 1 week after the Aurora shooting. If it had happened 1 week prior, he might have gotten a knock on the door and a warning...

Jamie

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    I wouldnt think you would.

Im not sure about your issue here, wouldnt you want the Poice to investigate if someone threatened your loved ones? Notice I didnt say lock up without due process, I said investigate.

Say some nut called your Office for whatever crazy reason, lets say theres no recordings of the phone call. SOmehow some nutcase somehow got you on the phone and said he has a bomb in his trunk of his car. His car in now parked outside your building.

Should you just ignore it? Of course not.

If you decide to call the cops should they say, "Well, you could be lying, were not going to do anything, theres no corroborating witnesses to the threats"? Oh course not.

Investigate? Yes. I said that in my first post (or shortly thereafter...)

But this guy is being locked up w/o due process...

Arcticwolf

Certified Brute
    May 28, 2008
    I would cover them up with something, put ammo in a gym bag or something...nosey people are fooled easily. Get a small carpet roll your rifles up in them and put them in the trunk...people will think you are OCD and get your carpets cleaned again...but instead you are going to the range.

Then you get pulled over by the Police for speeding and they ask you if you have any weapons in your car and you say yes. Then they ask to see them and are like WTF are they doing rolled up in carpet.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

He hasn't been charged and he made references to a very serious situation that's why the two are related.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    A

Innocent until PROVEN guilty.

I'd like to share an 'incident' that happened to me, at work.

First of all, one of my former supervisors and I NEVER 'got along'.
    He was promoted 'off the floor', by a manager that believed his song and dance about his abilities, after the man that hired me, retired (25 years later).
    Everyone that has ever known this guy, knew he was spreading the bovine scatology 'thick and heavy' when he 'bid' on the job of supervisor.
    He learned the trade, on that job! (And this tid-bit was well documented, too. . . . He was not a very good employee. He just had 'the gift of gab'.)

When he retired in 2005, he had just given each employee that reported to him (2 of us), our 'final' Performance Appraisal Evaluation, before his retirement.

My "PAE" was the absolute worst that I had received, in my (then) 31 years on the job!!
    He had said some things in that "PAE" that were untrue and outright lies!!!
    When the "PAE" is given, the employee is supposed to receive (then sign for) the papers for 'Appeal'. I never received either.

It took me almost 2 years, to get my name 'cleared' and my record 'cleaned'!!!
    I even hired a lawyer and the only things that saved my reputation was this:
    1. Past performance.
    2. Documentation (yes, written!) that I was an excellent employee, with numerous 'commendations' for jobs well-done.
    3. He had made a comment to another management employee, that he was going to do everything possible to make sure that I would never be promoted.
    (There was documentation to prove this, found in his personnel notes!)
    4. What got my name and record cleared, was the fact that my manager had never signed the "PAE" and therefor 'didn't exist' in the eyes of my VP and our HR department.

This is exactly why hearsay must never be a determining factor in granting a search warrant/arrest warrant. (As was the case involving the guy in Crofton, from my understanding.)

This state and this country are going down the wrong road. . . . . to ruin.

Lord help us all.

z1colt45

Jul 1, 2009
    AA CO.

get real. this isn't a conspiracy. im almost certain that the only way they could hold him in a hospital for up to a week was if he admitted to making the threat.
    if hes denying the accusation i think the media would have caught wind of it already. or soon

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I guess we all should be careful what we post on this site. The next time we get a speeding ticket it might get on the news that we were seeking assault weapons or large capacity magazines or ammo because we commented about it on MD Shooters.:sad20:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    get real. this isn't a conspiracy. im almost certain that the only way they could hold him in a hospital for up to a week was if he admitted to making the threat.
    if hes denying the accusation i think the media would have caught wind of it already. or soon

Yeah I can't commit people on hearsay, I need someone to say something to me that determines I believe they are an actual threat to themselves or the community. I'm very reluctant to commit people based on others words because that's a serious violation of someone's personal freedoms.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009

"I'm almost certain..."

Well, if it's almost, lock him up!

"If he denied it, the media would have caught wind..."

Please tell me you're not serious! They have zero interest in exonerating this guy. Their own headlines were, "Mass Shooting Plot Foiled" No, they don't have an agenda... :rolleyes:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Allegedly...

Of course it's allegedly, it's always allegedly until proven otherwise in court.

All the people awaiting trial in jail on homicide arrests are accused of allegedly committing homicide. I fail to see what that has to do with anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom