• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    Yeah I can't commit people on hearsay, I need someone to say something to me that determines I believe they are an actual threat to themselves or the community. I'm very reluctant to commit people based on others words because that's a serious violation of someone's personal freedoms.

That's comforting to know. But this guy's still being held "for evaluation"...

Look, he could be batshit crazy, and need to be locked up for a long time. But, in a free society, the ends don't necessarily justify the means...

Jamie

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    Of course it's allegedly, it's always allegedly until proven otherwise in court.

All the people awaiting trial in jail on homicide arrests are accused of allegedly committing homicide. I fail to see what that has to do with anything.

Because half the people in this thread have already conceded that he did indeed make those threats...

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

Look, he could be batshit crazy, and need to be locked up for a long time. But, in a free society, the ends don't necessarily justify the means...

Jamie

He's only obligated by law (at least in dc) to stay their for 72 hours when committed by police anything after that is voluntary or mandated by a doctor.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    If he is being held involuntarilly for psych eval, does that mean no more guns for him ever again, or is there a 2nd process involved with a judge adjudicating him to make him prohibited? How does that whole thing work?

If this has already been answered, please direct me to the post #. I don't have time to read every post in this thread.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28

Jamie

Sadly in this intentional economy many are facing unemployment and depression for circumstances beyond their control. It sounds like the initial call was his former supervisor contacting him about some project he put years of his life into only to be cast aside for whatever reasons. How would any of you take a call from the person who cast you aside for help with the project you were cast aside from? I am not saying that his response was appropriate but is understandable when you add up the stresses of loosing what you thought was your career,trying to find a job in this economy and then a call from the person who got rid of you for help with the project they got rid of you from. Most of us would have had a few "rash" words for them

z1colt45

Jul 1, 2009
    AA CO.
    "I'm almost certain..."

Well, if it's almost, lock him up!

"If he denied it, the media would have caught wind..."

Please tell me you're not serious! They have zero interest in exonerating this guy. Their own headlines were, "Mass Shooting Plot Foiled" No, they don't have an agenda... :rolleyes:

touche. http://www.gazette.net/article/2012...threatening-lanham-workplace&template=gazette

the treatment was court ordered. but they investigated the claims for 36 hours before executing the search warrant. a check of phone records would back the claims made by the super. what do you think is more likely, the person flat out lied or the guy with the "sarcastic tendency" made a threat? ive made my bed and ill lay in it. he can deny these charges at any time though and i dont think he has or will.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Sadly in this intentional economy many are facing unemployment and depression for circumstances beyond their control. It sounds like the initial call was his former supervisor contacting him about some project he put years of his life into only to be cast aside for whatever reasons. How would any of you take a call from the person who cast you aside for help with the project you were cast aside from? I am not saying that his response was appropriate but is understandable when you add up the stresses of loosing what you thought was your career,trying to find a job in this economy and then a call from the person who got rid of you for help with the project they got rid of you from. Most of us would have had a few "rash" words for them

Most of us have the restraint and common sense not to say, "I'd like to splatter his brains" or whatever he said.

z1colt45

Jul 1, 2009
    AA CO.
    Most of us have the restraint and common sense not to say, "I'd like to splatter his brains" or whatever he said.

thank you. ive said it all day, he may not have committed a crime, but he did something a responsible gun owner shouldn't, so i have no problem with his guns being taken away.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    touche. http://www.gazette.net/article/2012...threatening-lanham-workplace&template=gazette

the treatment was court ordered. but they investigated the claims for 36 hours before executing the search warrant. a check of phone records would back the claims made by the super. what do you think is more likely, the person flat out lied or the guy with the "sarcastic tendency" made a threat? ive made my bed and ill lay in it. he can deny these charges at any time though and i dont think he has or will.

Phone records will show a call was made, not what was said during the call...

LazyGuru

Perpetual Noob
    Nov 1, 2010
    Odenton area, MD
    Hi guys and girls. Been away for about forever and a day, but I thought you might want to know they've referenced the forum directly in one of the news items on this.

http://www.wbal.com/article/92372/2...d-Im-Gonna-Load-My-Guns-And-Blow-Everybody-Up

"A search for Neil Prescott on a website that tracks users' online activities led to a profile that appears to be him on mdshooters.com, a website for gun enthusiasts. On it, Prescott, who used an online tag of slog403 and identified himself as from Crofton, traded advice with other users about obtaining firearms.

During a conversation last week about acquiring a 30-round magazine, he indicated he would "never violate MD laws as I respect this site and state." But in a July 18 post, he also said he wished to "unleash 30 rounds of hell" and added a smiley face emoticon. It wasn't clear what he was referring to."

Good reminder that no medium is necessarily safe against the media digging through it. If it's not a statement you'll stand behind, in or out of context, then it probably doesn't need to be said.

~lg

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    We'll have to see what turns out. I think for the time being every idiot who gets arrested for saying something stupid and owns a gun is going to be painted by the media as a dangerous "copycat" stopped in his tracks. In any case it plays into the fear-mongering hands of the gun grabbers.

DITTO. Watch what you say even in jest. Although jesting about shooting up a place is f...ed up.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Hi guys and girls. Been away for about forever and a day, but I thought you might want to know they've referenced the forum directly in one of the news items on this.

http://www.wbal.com/article/92372/2...d-Im-Gonna-Load-My-Guns-And-Blow-Everybody-Up

~lg

You mean we're on TV???? :shocked3:

Well I'm BlackBart and I'm watching you watching me and I approve this message! :beer:

SuperStock_4062-3308.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom