• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chrisflhtc

Jan 28, 2010
    Hagerstown
    What is a decent chronograph without too much money?I would like it to keep some memory however connection to a computer is not necessary .
    TIA
    C

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    I have the fold up Chrony and love the thing for $100.00
    Nothing fancy but fits in a range bag nicely and works.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    For the same money go to www.midwayusa.com and get the alpha master or the beta master.

The one you are looking at has the display on the unit. The two I mention have the display attached to the unit via a wire. That way you can have the display back at the shooting bench with you and don't have to call the line safe to walk up and check your results.
    It's much nicer to have your info sitting on the bench next to you where your log book is.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I have a Chrony F1, and for the money, it's a pretty decent model. If I had to do it over again, though, I would have paid a little extra for the remote LCD readout. Sometimes it's hard to see your speeds when the sun is less than 12:00pm and I'm shooting slightly into the sun.

Fustercluck

Aug 4, 2008
    Eastern Shore
    I would add that the feature of having the LCD screen with information located remotely, on the shooting bench, is worth the extra money that the CED costs. This is especially true on a busy firing line, where it is inconvenient or dangerous if you cannot see the readout. Having instant calculation of SD's and ES's also makes it worth the extra cost.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I just got the Chrony Beta Master from midway a few weeks ago for about $125 hipped. I took it to myrtle grove for the first time last Wednesday and ran a bunch of 9 MM, 50 cal Muzzleloader bullets and a few 308 rounds over it,it worked great. I really like the remote display I can clear and do everything from the table.

I think if you want one it is well worth the money, but when you getting one remember you will need a tripod and 9 V battery for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom