• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Jul 9, 2013
    Why are they hated?

Is it because they had ammunition available (through higher prices) during the panic for those who truly NEEDED it and not just wanted it?

Or because they donated $500k to the NRA and another $100k to the Second Amendment Foundation?

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Why are they hated?

Is it because they had ammunition available (through higher prices) during the panic for those who truly NEEDED it and not just wanted it?

Or because they donated $500k to the NRA and another $100k to the Second Amendment Foundation?

Just WAAYYYY too opportunistic, for my taste.

Fordracer2082

Jun 10, 2007
    Glen Burnie
    It's your money I have no issue with the company but don't care if anyone wants to buy from them . I just wanted to get the info out. This is not ment to be a rag on CTD thread so please refrain from doing so. This was just to inform anyone who may have a desire to deal with them.

Shemp

Feb 21, 2013
    Out There
    That 500k they donated came from gouging their customers. F them. There's plenty of ammo suppliers who didn't take advantage of the people that support their companies.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Why are they hated?

In the days following Sandy Hook, CTD decided to stop selling semi automatic sporting rifles

A few weeks after, they started selling again and made those donations to save face.

Many people still harbor that bad blood because they didn't hold the line.

Jul 9, 2013
    Just WAAYYYY too opportunistic, for my taste.

Ammo should be bought when readily available, not when a panic hits. It's not a necessity for life, like baby formula might be considered to be.

However, many people believe that ammo IS a necessity and should be available for cheap for purchase at THEIR convenience. These are the same people who don't understand what "price gouging" is, and what it isn't.

So tell me, which is better:

- A can of baby formula for $80 with a stock inventory of 500 cans available for sale.

- A can of baby formula for $20 with a stock inventory of 0 cans available for sale.

Jul 9, 2013
    In the days following Sandy Hook, CTD decided to stop selling semi automatic sporting rifles

A few weeks after, they started selling again and made those donations to save face.

Many people still harbor that bad blood because they didn't hold the line.

I remember that. Lots of places did stuff like that. I'm not saying it was right. Owning a business is tough and CTD was in the media a lot at the time (CNN, etc.). It was also known that Academy had AR carbines in stock but not on display, as a way to detract from all of the neckbeards that were flocking to buy what they thought was soon to be banned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom