• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I havent been fishing in years. I am looking to take our Cub Scout Pack fishing. Since I dont fish, is there a better time of the year to fish? I am looking at Patapsco State Park near 95, Glen Artney - Orange Grove - Avalon areas, or Downs Park in AACo. I was thinking about Centennial in HoCo also, but that seems to far.

Any suggestions? I was thinking a weekend between April and June time frame.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Avalon was always good. You have the pond there too. Centenial is decent, but last time I was there, there was a bit of a copperhead problem.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    A little known jewel......Jonas Green Park..... north side of Rt.450 bridge across the Severn River from Annapolis. There is a piece of the old drawbridge there that is now a fishing pier.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    Avalon was always good. You have the pond there too. Centenial is decent, but last time I was there, there was a bit of a copperhead problem.

Are you sure they arent water snakes?(which are harmless unless you try to catch them)In all my years of tramping around Md,I have never seen a copperhead.I did see a rattle snake in Green Ridge tho.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Are you sure they arent water snakes?(which are harmless unless you try to catch them)In all my years of tramping around Md,I have never seen a copperhead.I did see a rattle snake in Green Ridge tho.
    Nope, definitely copperhead. A buddy and I saw 5-6 one trip there a few years back.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Nope, definitely copperhead. A buddy and I saw 5-6 one trip there a few years back.

I saw one last time I fished there and it might be my last time. I'm phobic about snakes.

There's also a little beach and picnic area at Jonas although it can get busy.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    Maryland waters are infested with copperheads. I live near patapsco and have see huge ones crossing the road. I leave them alone and they have left me alone so far.

I respect all animals as long as the respect is mutual.

Only the deer seem to forget this rule from time to time.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Thanks everyone. I picked Patapsco to take the scouts. Its close to everyone. I also reserved a pavilion so we can have some cover and a place to grill out and relax. Thank you for all the input.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    The only fishing at Downs now is from the pier.

A place I like to take kids (though it's a bit of a hike), is Cedarville State Forest, down near Brandywine. They have a hatchery on-site, and keep the pond well-stocked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom