• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    thanks for the reply , i'll look up the sheriffs info , started this before covid then got deverted .

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    My C&R application to the ATF and notification to the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office is going in the mail tomorrow. We’ll see how long this takes.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    for baltimore county , would it be the county police or sheriffs department ? thanks , dan

The ATF is fine with either/or. I've used both the Sherrif and the chief of the county police in MoCo before, but not at the same time. In bigger counties like MoCo and probably BaltCo, the Sheriff is more of a functionary dealing with taxes and keeping bailiffs in the courtrooms. ATF will tell you to use the Sheriff if you don't know otherwise.

I've not had a C&R in a while, but for me, it's always the Sheriff, as his/her jurisdiction is the whole County, plus it's an elected office.

Also ATF told me back then to use the County Sheriff.

The man speaks the truth

My C&R application to the ATF and notification to the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office is going in the mail tomorrow. We’ll see how long this takes.

Shouldn't take too long. 4-6 weeks is the max I've ever waited.

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    mailed it today 4/4 , will update when received , thanks for all the info ! dan

montigre

May 16, 2016
    I did not receive a C&R renewal notification, but I moved since receiving my original. What is the best way for me to go about renewing at this point? Thanks.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I did not receive a C&R renewal notification, but I moved since receiving my original. What is the best way for me to go about renewing at this point? Thanks.
    If your original is expired, you'll need to apply for a new license.

The good news is that you're not required to retain your bound book; it can be shredded.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Downloaded and filled out the application today. Will drop it off USPS on Monday. Look forward to my first purchase!

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    Hard to believe that I wrote this thread 13 years ago and it's still kicking!

Sadly, I had to finally turn in my license a few months ago because we are moving soon.

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    This is the thread that caused me to get a C&R and a then a couple renewals. I let it expire for several years and have recently got a new one.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom