• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Is it possible to build a .338 Lapua ar? I’m curious as I’m almost done with my 300blackout build and needed something else to try my hand at. Send links to parts if you know any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    I’ve been looking and I know I found a few ar built by companies but can’t find any parts.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Is it possible to build a .338 Lapua ar? I’m curious as I’m almost done with my 300blackout build and needed something else to try my hand at. Send links to parts if you know any.

Noreen arms makes the Bad News in 338LM if you are so inclined. Shot them in both 300wm and 338LM. Definitely proprietary stuff. If that's your bag, go for it. They did shoot well. My buddy still.has his 300wm example. Has their can on it too. Not hateful, even with no ears.

DRD makes a model called the kivaari but I have never had my hands on one to assess it.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky

You should probably look into the 8.6 Blackout, that's about as close as you're gonna get.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    If you want it on an actual ar10 rather than a proprietary lower, you will be restricted to 308 case length.

The boys at VA Silent Arsenal do some really cool shit with the WSM cases in their ar10 rigs. One of their things is a 338wsm. They neck up 325wsm cases to make it. I don't own one because I swore off semis in cases that I can't get dirt cheap (223 and 308, basically) but they have some cool factor.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    If you want it on an actual ar10 rather than a proprietary lower, you will be restricted to 308 case length.

The boys at VA Silent Arsenal do some really cool shit with the WSM cases in their ar10 rigs. One of their things is a 338wsm. They neck up 325wsm cases to make it. I don't own one because I swore off semis in cases that I can't get dirt cheap (223 and 308, basically) but they have some cool factor.

Will look them up

HogCommander

Aug 10, 2013
    Texas Hill Country
    That would be built in the ar10 platform right?

Correct...AR-10 or LR-308 platform for .338 Federal. It's a necked up .308 case.

I built a carbine length AR-10 in this caliber and love hunting deer and hogs with it. The only part that's different from a .308 build is the barrel and you don't lose magazine capacity to fatter cases used by WSMs/wildcats.

U.S.SFC_RET

Ultimate Member
    Dec 8, 2005
    The 338 Lapua is a super magnum cartridge. I witnessed a woman get the ole scope ring eye shooting one of them. I spoke to her just recently and you can still see that “perfect” ring around her eye.
    I cannot imagine how tough a 338 semi auto Lapua Magnum could be on the shell casing. How much will one stretch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom