Attachments

• wait for stamps.jpg
      wait for stamps.jpg
      76.5 KB · Views: 206

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    ATF is on Mid-February submissions. My earliest went pending on 24 Feb, should be ready by end of November. I'm hoping for a quad batch approval.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    The wait times have been climbing over the last couple years. Talked to SilencerShop Friday about a shipment. Said mine was 75th in line which didn’t sound great until he said out of about 3500. So I’d think the paperwork/efile is piling up.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    According to my LGS, I was like 2-3 weeks behind everyone else for some reason - mine came in with some of the mid-January purchasers, but I would expect to wait 10 months or so if I were purchasing today. The latest updates to the NFA Tracker are at 289 days, so that's approximately in line with my experience.

Apologies for the bad news!

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Electronic via SilencerShop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just clarifying here: for the purposes of tracking wait times, all SilencerShop purchases at the moment are considered paper, even though you fill them out electronically.

SilencerShop is still working through how to fill out eForm1s and eventually eForm4s with the ATF. They have test piloted a couple rounds of both, but both ended up failing hard for various reasons.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Just clarifying here: for the purposes of tracking wait times, all SilencerShop purchases at the moment are considered paper, even though you fill them out electronically.

SilencerShop is still working through how to fill out eForm1s and eventually eForm4s with the ATF. They have test piloted a couple rounds of both, but both ended up failing hard for various reasons.

yeah I did not think that the ATF was doing electronic form 4s.

that also need to figure out the electronic submission of fingerprints thing. There is no reason they need to be mailed.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    They are not at the moment. They were supposed to do so in late 2019, but gov shutdown supposedly delayed that, then covid. I can’t imagine the new ATF leadership brought in by the current administration sees letting people get their NFA items faster as a real priority, so who knows if it will happen.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA

that also need to figure out the electronic submission of fingerprints thing. There is no reason they need to be mailed.

Yes, my mistake.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Yes, my mistake.
    It is a really stupid distinction that gets confused easily. It is almost criminal that they have to print everything out and mail it to the ATF. But it matters since an electronically signed paper Form 4 from SilencerShop takes about the same amount of time as anything else, whereas the eForm4 process should be similar in wait times to eForm1. So 0-3 months instead of 6-24 months. If anyone ever succeeds in forcing the ATF to stop stalling.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    The wait times have been climbing over the last couple years. Talked to SilencerShop Friday about a shipment. Said mine was 75th in line which didn’t sound great until he said out of about 3500. So I’d think the paperwork/efile is piling up.

Only somewhat recently. It was going down last year and then started going back up. At a guess, that darned election and insurrection in the Capitol had something to do with that on top of multiple stimuluses.

My first can two years ago went through in 9 months. Last can went through in 7 months. Currently on just over 5 months for this new one. Back in the summer after I got my last can wait times were going from 6-8 months and creeping up. End of the summer they were looking more like 8-10 months. Last few weeks they look like they are around 9-11 months now. Which makes me a bit worried it’ll be more like 12-13 months by the time we start getting in to late spring 2021 form 4s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom