• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Masterchief36

Masterchief36
    May 16, 2009
    Va.
    Pendingggggggggggg...............

Just spoke with ATF and I went pending August 31,2011 for my cans and SBR.
    might have my toys for Christmas or maybe sooner.

Revvin' Evan

Oct 17, 2010
    Baltimore County
    MSP took 6 weeks:

1. NFA Item: Suppressor
    2. Form Type: Form 4
    3. Transferee: 2A Sales
    4. CLEO Signoff:Oct 4, 201
    5. CLEO Recieved:Oct 15, 2011
    6. Forms Sent:Oct 17,2011
    8. Check Cashed: ...

Funny how this stuff works. I turned mine in on 9/16. Signed off on 10/11 and recieved in the mail on 10/14:confused: Looks like yours just sat there for a week before being mailed:sad20:

Starting week 7 waiting on papers back from MSP. If I could do it over again I would have just done a trust this is ridiculous.

See above. You may want to call them.

Balnk

Oct 29, 2008
    Gamber, MD
    Revvin' Evan, are you talking about MSP paperwork or are you talking about ATF paperwork when you say one month turn around time?

This thread is mostly about ATF turn around times.

StillServing

I know NOTHING !
    Feb 1, 2011
    Calvert County
    Brad,
    I went the Trust route, but Evans said over email that he was willing to sign. Look for Rusty Shakleford (member here) and enquire about a Trust..... well worth it.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Still - Thanks, I may do a Trust later on, since my finances ain't what they used to be I'll probably go solo on the first 'Stamp', that and I worry the BATF will stop the Trust deal, since it makes NFA-life more bearable.

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    Still - Thanks, I may do a Trust later on, since my finances ain't what they used to be I'll probably go solo on the first 'Stamp', that and I worry the BATF will stop the Trust deal, since it makes NFA-life more bearable.

All the more reason to do it from the outset.
    That way, the cost of setting up the trust gets spread among any (and all) future NFA purchases.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Good point, If I can get one set up w/out breaking my pocket too bad...I may just do that first, then wait till I recoup some expenses and get my can.

God, I need a better paying job..., I miss working for Mercedes-Benz... :sad20:

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    Form 1 for SBR via Trust
    Mailed: 5-17
    Check Cashed: 5-31
    Approved: 10-05
    Received: 10-25
    Examiner: Albert L. Lam... (Can't read the complete signature)

Paging Chad, paging Chad. I have got a stick for you.

SkunkWerX

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2010
    MoCo/HoCo border
    5 months......ouch:tdown:

Yup, be pateint. I just checked around last night. Some forum posts here and there and NFA tracker times. Looks like when people have called recently, WV is telling people ~4 months from when they go pending. (Not advocating calling.)
    "Ouch" is right. Just sent mine to Atlanta 2 days ago. Time for a long nap, Rip Van Winkle style.

Waiting on a previous one, check cashed by ATF early July. Still waiting.
    Evan, I think you may have seen it at 2A, the FDE Osprey on the FDE FNP45?
    That is the one that should be back in the next 30 days or so, let's hope?

Revvin' Evan

Oct 17, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Yup, be pateint. I just checked around last night. Some forum posts here and there and NFA tracker times. Looks like when people have called recently, WV is telling people ~4 months from when they go pending. (Not advocating calling.)
    "Ouch" is right. Just sent mine to Atlanta 2 days ago. Time for a long nap, Rip Van Winkle style.

Waiting on a previous one, check cashed by ATF early July. Still waiting.
    Evan, I think you may have seen it at 2A, the FDE Osprey on the FDE FNP45?
    That is the one that should be back in the next 30 days or so, let's hope?

That's a badass rig. Were you the guy that called them about the finish having a blemish?

SkunkWerX

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2010
    MoCo/HoCo border
    That's a badass rig. Were you the guy that called them about the finish having a blemish?

Yeah, that's the one.
    But get this....you may remember Mark and I were rubbing CLP on it to see if it would do anything to the blem?

Mark calls a few days later, he pulled it back out of the box, and the CLP had taken the stain out! :D
    Looks like it had leached from the black velcro on the pouch onto the anno finish.
    All is well now. :thumbsup:
    Except for the ATF wait! I keep saying "any time now?" :fingerscrossed:

Once everyone gets their stamps for the YHM SBRs we'll have to have a SBR shoot somewhere.

Based on the latest estimates, I'm guessing it's going to be Feb/March timeframe since mine just got mailed to ATF this week.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Yeah, that's the one.
    But get this....you may remember Mark and I were rubbing CLP on it to see if it would do anything to the blem?

Mark calls a few days later, he pulled it back out of the box, and the CLP had taken the stain out! :D
    Looks like it had leached from the black velcro on the pouch onto the anno finish.
    All is well now. :thumbsup:
    Except for the ATF wait! I keep saying "any time now?" :fingerscrossed:

Once everyone gets their stamps for the YHM SBRs we'll have to have a SBR shoot somewhere.

Based on the latest estimates, I'm guessing it's going to be Feb/March timeframe since mine just got mailed to ATF this week.

I probably won't have the stamp back for my YHM 9mm SBR until April I think. Only because I don't think I'll have my forms back from MSP until the end of November. But once I have it, I'm down for a range session with you guys.

SkunkWerX

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2010
    MoCo/HoCo border
    I probably won't have the stamp back for my YHM 9mm SBR until April I think. Only because I don't think I'll have my forms back from MSP until the end of November. But once I have it, I'm down for a range session with you guys.

Post up as we get them. Then we can make arrangements.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    OK what if i dont have a YHM 9mm SBR. Got a Gemtech 9mm SBR though. Can I come too? Huh, Huh, can I , Huh, can I please? :D

Just waiting for my Form 1 to get back from Uncle B and waiting to run my Form 4 through. That might take a while.

Dave

SkunkWerX

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2010
    MoCo/HoCo border
    OK what if i dont have a YHM 9mm SBR. Got a Gemtech 9mm SBR though. Can I come too? Huh, Huh, can I , Huh, can I please? :D

Just waiting for my Form 1 to get back from Uncle B and waiting to run my Form 4 through. That might take a while.

Dave

Sure Dave! The more the merrier.....maybe we all just show up at the "2nd annual suppressor" shoot? Or have an SBR/Subgun Shoot?

***Sorry, but we are drifting into a THREAD JACK here, ... back to "Wait Times".

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Question for you guys. Tomorrow marks 16 weeks of Pending status for my Osprey and 15 weeks of Pending status for my 22Sparrow, should I call to see if there is any news?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Question for you guys. Tomorrow marks 16 weeks of Pending status for my Osprey and 15 weeks of Pending status for my 22Sparrow, should I call to see if there is any news?

It's up to you, but with the last report of 4 months.

You may be around the halfway point.

I'm only a month in for my last transaction...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom