• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DavidD123

Dec 11, 2022
    Ellicott City
    If you have a polymer frame handgun. Take a Dremel tool to the high points and add plumbers putty to the low spots. Grind, add, grind add. In a couple of hrs you will have a grip that fits you perfectly.

Attachments

• IMG_20221231_114726930.jpg
      IMG_20221231_114726930.jpg
      127.3 KB · Views: 93
    • IMG_20221231_114729826.jpg
      IMG_20221231_114729826.jpg
      116.7 KB · Views: 91
    • IMG_20221231_114732911.jpg
      IMG_20221231_114732911.jpg
      122.5 KB · Views: 94

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I would advise great care be used when grinding any polymer frame. Removing too much material in the wrong place can weaken critical areas.
    That said, I did a grip reduction on my Polymer80 v1.5 frame. Could not stand shooting it with the ribs on the back of the grip. Felt awful in my hand. Now it feels good and I enjoy shooting it.

fwgj

MDS Supporter
    Apr 18, 2022
    Up County MoCo
    If you have a polymer frame handgun. Take a Dremel tool to the high points and add plumbers putty to the low spots.
    I would strongly disagree. Sounds like a prescription for disaster.

Buy a Sig P320 or P365 and you can buy an OEM or aftermarket grip module that fits you perfectly.

DavidD123

Dec 11, 2022
    Ellicott City
    I would advise great care be used when grinding any polymer frame. Removing too much material in the wrong place can weaken critical areas.
    That said, I did a grip reduction on my Polymer80 v1.5 frame. Could not stand shooting it with the ribs on the back of the grip. Felt awful in my hand. Now it feels good and I enjoy shooting it.
    Yeah the grind down part was at the heal end of the grip. All the structural stuff is up by the slide. So no effect there.

DavidD123

Dec 11, 2022
    Ellicott City
    I've had good success using the JB Weld plastic filler. Mostly, I use it on miss-drilled pin holes. It bonds really well. I have not tried texturing/stippling it though.

Amazon product ASIN B01IBOK7FE
    You are not thinking of the right plumbers putty. It's a two part epoxy stick that you kneed together into putty.
    See PC Epoxy Putty or many products just like it.

DavidD123

Dec 11, 2022
    Ellicott City
    I would strongly disagree. Sounds like a prescription for disaster.

Buy a Sig P320 or P365 and you can buy an OEM or aftermarket grip module that fits you perfectly.
    Based on my personal experience it worked great. This grip was rock solid and fit perfectly unlike grip modules that just get close. I also like the SAR BP / CZ 75 better than the Sig and it cost about 1/4 as much too.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    You are not thinking of the right plumbers putty. It's a two part epoxy stick that you kneed together into putty.
    See PC Epoxy Putty or many products just like it.
    I never mentioned plumbers putty(epoxy putty). I have used the stuff many times and I used to carry a couple tubes in my boat for emergency repairs.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I have a thing for fitting a pistol, or long gun, to me to some degree, as well, OP. Nice.

FWIW, a file may work better for first timers reducing and shaping dimensions. I worked for eons without a rotary tool until I had a clue. I have worked to a clue and a half.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom