• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • signature

Jan 16, 2013
    Need grips for a Super Blackhawk hunter bisley. Anyone know someone local that makes grips? I can get the original grips from Ruger, but I have not found anyone that makes after market grips for this particular handgun.

signature

Jan 16, 2013
    The original grips moved slightly. I tighten the grip screw and cracked the one side. Its gotten worse over the last few years and now its cracked all the way through. Don't really like the look of the grey laminate. Looking for other options. Maybe walnut or cocobolo.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    The original grips moved slightly. I tighten the grip screw and cracked the one side. Its gotten worse over the last few years and now its cracked all the way through. Don't really like the look of the grey laminate. Looking for other options. Maybe walnut or cocobolo.

If the grip has fully separated at the crack...
    Obtain a bottle of "Gorilla Wood Glue"...
    Apply a small amount of water to both pieces in the area of the crack...
    Apply a thin layer of the Gorilla Wood Glue to the cracked area of one side and clamp the two pieces tightly together and wait...

Once the grip has dried... It should be good for another several thousand rounds... And if it is clamped correctly, The repair will most likely never be seen by anyone other than those who know where to look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom