CZ-452 Scout for my young shooter? (and me too??)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Screwtop.243

Ouch...that thing kicks
    Jul 7, 2011
    People's republic of MD
    Hi Everybody,

Looking for feedback from anyone who has procured a CZ-452 scout for their young shooter and how they like it. I need to add a bolt action .22lr to my (someday to be his) collection (only have semis at the moment) and I think this might be a good choice. I think it may be OK for me as well, if I add a limb-saver to lengthen the pull a bit. I've also read that there is a reasonably priced after market trigger (group/adapter??) that really improves the factory set up. Anyone have any experience with one of these?

PS - I'm kinda kicking myself on this deal cause I had a chance to buy one last fall NIB for $265 up in PA....:sad20::sad20:

Thanks!

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    The CZ-452 Scout is a GREAT first gun for a young shooter. I was in the same place several years ago and picked the Scout for my son. One of the best aspects of the rifle is that it comes with a single shot adapter, but can also take any of the normal 452 magazines. So you can start them off as a single-shot, then when you have confidence in their safety switch them over to a repeater configuration.

When my son got involved in the NRA Junior Smallbore program at AAF&G, I added target sights and a front sling swivel so he could use it. The hammer forged barrel is remarkably accurate. I never changed the trigger, so I can't comment on that part of your question.

Here is a link to a rimfirecentral posting where I describe the modifications and some pics of it as a target rifle.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75388

Joe

Screwtop.243

Ouch...that thing kicks
    Jul 7, 2011
    People's republic of MD
    The CZ-452 Scout is a GREAT first gun for a young shooter. I was in the same place several years ago and picked the Scout for my son. One of the best aspects of the rifle is that it comes with a single shot adapter, but can also take any of the normal 452 magazines. So you can start them off as a single-shot, then when you have confidence in their safety switch them over to a repeater configuration.

When my son got involved in the NRA Junior Smallbore program at AAF&G, I added target sights and a front sling swivel so he could use it. The hammer forged barrel is remarkably accurate. I never changed the trigger, so I can't comment on that part of your question.

Here is a link to a rimfirecentral posting where I describe the modifications and some pics of it as a target rifle.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75388

Joe

Thank you very much for your feedback and the link to the additional information! Looks like a vote of confidence for the CZ-452! :thumbsup:

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    This is a very popular rifle with the Jr's I coach. Hopefully one of them will chime in. I know I will see at least 5 of them this Saturday.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    http://czcustom.com/92050.aspx

And he had free shipping last time I bought something. GunConnection Dan was doing transfers for 30 or 35 for MSI members and I think his ffl is still on record with Rob at czcustom, you will need to call both parties and check though. Rob and Dan are both top shelf to deal with and you will have a hard time finding a nicer rifle for a child. The scout is not the smallest youth rifle but I would say it is between a cricket and savage youth markII. I bought the markII for my son and would recommend the scout without any hesitation.

But I must warn you, once you buy one CZ they multiply. We all say it won't happen to us, but you have been told. Matter of fact I was checking on scout availability for myself just before I clicked over here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom