• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I bought a complete 9mm upper half over at the CZ site a few years ago, been watching for a .40 upper half ever since. Got the Kadet upper too, and that runs great on several frames. Only really looks right on a full size frame, even though it works on the compacts too.

Ya just uncommon.

Got to disagree on the EAA, its CZ based and a decent gun but the current large frame production lacks some of the ergonomic refinement of the CZ. For larger hands you are probably ok but for those of us with small paws the CZ is a better fit. Alos the machining is a long way away.

That said, I do have both and like my witness and being able to switch it from 10mm to 9mm to 38 super longslide is sure useful. At some point I may get a .45 upper for it but its a pretty low priority. The kits may require some very minor fitting to function right. My 9mm went on perfect, my .38 super was too tight.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Ya just uncommon.

Got to disagree on the EAA, its CZ based and a decent gun but the current large frame production lacks some of the ergonomic refinement of the CZ. For larger hands you are probably ok but for those of us with small paws the CZ is a better fit. Alos the machining is a long way away.

That said, I do have both and like my witness and being able to switch it from 10mm to 9mm to 38 super longslide is sure useful. At some point I may get a .45 upper for it but its a pretty low priority. The kits may require some very minor fitting to function right. My 9mm went on perfect, my .38 super was too tight.

Good to hear, and from my limited experience with copy-cat CZ-75's I'd agree. Kahr bought the Magnum Research Baby Desert Eagle II; one of the best CZ-75 copies. I gave a group of folks a pre-LEOSA training course and had the opportunity to fire the Baby Desert Eagle - it was the most accurate and solidly built gun of our group (nearly a dozen guys). It's a fine gun, but not something I could see someone carrying everyday in ccw mode. It's just too heavy, and has a manual external safety; and worse it's on the slide. It's a fine gun, don't get me wrong, but I'd say it's a better home defense or duty (open carry) gun than a ccw piece.

It's very existence is a huge tribute to CZ:

baby-eagle-iwi-d.jpg

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I can't get enough of all my CZs, rifle and shotgun too. They have everything going for them except brand recognition in the US.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Have had the P-01 for several years and it is one of my favorite hand guns. Love their rifles as well. Best quality and accuracy for the money IMO. You can get a .22 conversion upper for the CZ's as well.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    They have everything going for them except brand recognition in the US.

Helps keep prices down.

I was hooked first time I picked up a CZ 82.

jisham

Mar 12, 2014
    PG County
    Went to 2A today for the first time. Great experience and I'm definitely going for a CZ 75 BD as soon as I have the funds pulled together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    I have a SP-01 and a CZ-97.
    My next one will be a P-01.

I have shot one before and it is a very good gun.

P.S. The CZ custom shop can do wonders to your gun.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I have a SP-01 and a CZ-97.
    My next one will be a P-01.

I have shot one before and it is a very good gun.

P.S. The CZ custom shop can do wonders to your gun.

Yes they can. I have a Shadow Target from them and it is fantastic. They also converted one of my Kadets to SAO. They aren't target guns by any stretch but have the feel of a full size so a good training gun. Not as accurate as my MKII or Buck Mark but not hateful either. The conversion kits are a great option if you own a full size or compact center fire.

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    Cz custom in Arizona does a great trigger job. They can do reach reduction and polish all the contact points. CZs are very difficult to work on compared to many pistols, so cz custom and Cajun gunworks have really established themselves as top dog in the market. I have used both and they both do great work. Cajun is cheaper.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Kahr bought the Magnum Research Baby Desert Eagle II; one of the best CZ-75 copies. I gave a group of folks a pre-LEOSA training course and had the opportunity to fire the Baby Desert Eagle - it was the most accurate and solidly built gun of our group (nearly a dozen guys). It's a fine gun, but not something I could see someone carrying everyday in ccw mode. It's just too heavy, and has a manual external safety; and worse it's on the slide.

I had one of the older IMI Jericho imports and it's one of the few handguns I regret selling. Aside from the slide-mounted safety/decocker it had an outstanding trigger and equalled or surpassed the CZ-75B in many ways. But yeah: it was heavy as hell which is why I sold it. Over the years I've come to expect Israeli arms to be over-built.

The CZ: often imitated, never duplicated.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    As a good alternative you can also try Cajun Gun works.
    I have bought from both but I think CGW is who I would send my gun to for upgrades. They seem to have very clear upgrade packages and the work is first rate.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    As a good alternative you can also try Cajun Gun works.
    I have bought from both but I think CGW is who I would send my gun to for upgrades. They seem to have very clear upgrade packages and the work is first rate.

Wasn't aware of these guys. Thanks. CZ Custom has been great but a cheaper alternative is good.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Wasn't aware of these guys. Thanks. CZ Custom has been great but a cheaper alternative is good.

Don't look at CGWs as the cheaper option. The work he does is a personalized service from a talented gunsmith that has developed drop in parts where necessary rather then removing material. CGW has also found the weak points of these guns and has developed replacement parts built to a higher standard to overcome any reliability issues.
    I also like the fact that he runs an honest business and actually saved me money from buying parts that I didn't need.

sead0nkey

Señor member
    Jul 25, 2008
    AA
    Damn you all. In part this thread just closed the deal for me. I just got off the phone with David from CGW and have a CZ 75D PCR headed my way. I would have bought local but I was going to have him work on it anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BuffaloBrent

Latest threads

Top Bottom