• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mahead

Jan 6, 2009
    Frederick
    Is there a place in the Frederick area that has CZ-82's in stock? I would like to check one out instead of ordering blind. That is if they are ok to buy in MD.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Is there a place in the Frederick area that has CZ-82's in stock? I would like to check one out instead of ordering blind. That is if they are ok to buy in MD.

All the ones I have seen have been excellent from a variety of suppliers. SOG is selling them for $159 + shipping shipped to your door this month as part their Christmas sale... I don't see how you would possible want to do anything else unless you don't have a C&R license.

Mark

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    All the ones I have seen have been excellent from a variety of suppliers. SOG is selling them for $159 + shipping shipped to your door this month as part their Christmas sale... I don't see how you would possible want to do anything else unless you don't have a C&R license.

Mark

+1

I have found SOG and J&G and AIM all to accurately describe their wares. When I've called and chatted them up each has bent over backwards to accommodate me. When you factor in gas/time etc. it's the way to go. Provided you have a C&R...

Hynes57

Aug 4, 2010
    Charles Town, WV
    +2

However, i was able to find mine at 3R in Hagerstown for $175 and its a awesome little pistol. I recommend the internet but i would call around as someone may have one in stock..I know 3R had a nice cz-52 in stock last time i was in.

mahead

Jan 6, 2009
    Frederick
    I don't have my C&R anymore. I may get it again after I'm out of the Army and settled somewhere. Do the SOG ones come with 2 mags? I don't mind doing a transfer.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I dont know if you can even buy from SOG w/o a C&R...

No you can't...

Mark

Actually, you can. SOG will accept your payment for the firearm and can send the item to an FFL01 here so it can be transferred to you. You'll need to coordinate that with SOG and your local FFL. You'll incur the transfer fees and must follow all MD laws on a regulated firearm transfer. But it can be done.

It's not any different than buying a non-C&R item off an auction and having it transferred to you.

Don't know where you are, but there are several business partners on the forum that can easily do it.

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie

Mark

The web site is showing 199 is the sale price on one of there sale papers ?

Why yes it is But I think that price is only good on th 13th ?

Last edited:

Hynes57

Aug 4, 2010
    Charles Town, WV
    Just received the CZ82 i got from SOG for the $159 special. Its in great shape! Very few finish issues, 2 good magazines, and the gun is tight! This thing is in better shape than the one i bought from the local shop! All in all i am satisfied!!

If this deal comes up again i will be hard pressed not to buy another one....keep me updated folks. If you see the deal pop-up then post it!!

And yes i know i need pictures....

Jarhead FLSTI

Aug 31, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    UPS tried to deliver my CZ82 from SOG yesterday but nobody was here to sign for it. I'll be impatiently waiting for it today. I can't wait to check it out.

mahead

Jan 6, 2009
    Frederick
    you said local shop, which one? I saw one at Glade Valley but it looked like it was dragged to the shop behind the delivery truck

Hynes57

Aug 4, 2010
    Charles Town, WV
    I bought mine from 3R in Hagerstown for $175 with 2 mags, holster, and tool. It is in good shape and fires like a dream..no complaints..my new is just better...Its like i had a 2009 car the new gun is the 2010 version...

By the way Jarhead. My sister-in-law (was the adult there to sign for it) was very confused why she had to sign for some Garnier Fructis.....as was i. Turns out that SOG shipped it in a Garnier Fructis box. :)

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    I bought mine from 3R in Hagerstown for $175 with 2 mags, holster, and tool. It is in good shape and fires like a dream..no complaints..my new is just better...Its like i had a 2009 car the new gun is the 2010 version...

By the way Jarhead. My sister-in-law (was the adult there to sign for it) was very confused why she had to sign for some Garnier Fructis.....as was i. Turns out that SOG shipped it in a Garnier Fructis box. :)

Does it clean your hair while your shooting?

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    is the cz82 on the handgun roster ?

Doesn't need to be. It's a C&R eligible firearm manufactured prior to 1985.
    (I believe that's the cut-off year for the roster on "prior-to" - someone confirm that please).

The CZ82 is not on the MD approved roster.

If you are buying one that is located out of state using your C&R license then it doesn't have to be on the list.

If you wish to buy one located in MD or have a 01 FFL transfer it to you it has to be made prior to 1/1/85.

According to CZ-USA most of the guns were made before 1985 and there should be a date code on the frame though at least one person here says their gun doesn't have a date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom