• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Well I tried to use some end of year money to purchase guns for 2014 classes so I called CZ-USA and asked about their Instructor Purchase program.

The gentleman on the other end of the phone said that he had ZERO inventory to sell!!! He said they had NO handguns in stock and just a few long guns. He estimated this problem to be resolved around mid 2014!!!

Holy Crap!!

I know the instructor purchase programs are at the bottom of the companies priorities as far as orders to fill but according to this gentleman this situation has existed for months now.

I think in 2014 I will change my investment portfolio to include stock in firearms manufacturers.

BTW - CZ customer service - Very nice people.

Chris

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    CZ customer service is one of the best I have experienced. I don't get any blanket statements and if the person on the line doesn't know they will find someone that does.
    CZ started out as the under dog with out the big name recognition but now it's catching on to the point that their guns are harder to get.
    I just hope CZ doesn't increase their prices.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Inventory taxes are calculated and paid in January in most areas. It is not at all unusual for manufacturers and retailers to run their inventory down as far as possible before then.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Inventory taxes are calculated and paid in January in most areas. It is not at all unusual for manufacturers and retailers to run their inventory down as far as possible before then.

Agreed. But the CS rep said it has been that way since last Summer and was going to be this summer before the thought it was corrected.

Just bummed I can't get a CZ 97.

Chris

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Did you try CZ Custom by any chance? Remote but worth an email or call. CZ's have been hard to come across for the last year at least.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Did you try CZ Custom by any chance? ...

I did not go thru CZ Custom.
    I went thru the main "factory". I was trying to make a purchase thru their instructor program. Rule for the program is you have to purchase an in stock firearm.

I have seen some stuff that come out of the Custom Shop and they do REALLY nice work.!

Chris

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I did not go thru CZ Custom.
    I went thru the main "factory". I was trying to make a purchase thru their instructor program. Rule for the program is you have to purchase an in stock firearm.

I have seen some stuff that come out of the Custom Shop and they do REALLY nice work.!

Chris

Didn't even know they had an instructor program, how's the discount? As hard as the guns have been to get I'll bet they don't allocate many to the program.:sad20:

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Didn't even know they had an instructor program, how's the discount? As hard as the guns have been to get I'll bet they don't allocate many to the program.:sad20:

Instructor pricing is better than what my dealer can get at his price.
    Call or email the customer service team and tell them you want info on the instructor purchase program.

No need to hurry though. Sounds like it will be next summer before they start shipping to instructors.

Chris

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I bought Ruger stock at $7 since I thought it was a good company with potential, no debt, and a nice divedend. Wasn't greedy, sold it at $15 and doubled my money. Last I looked it was at $60 IIRC.

Not many publicly traded companies out there. Them, S&W, and an ammo company IIRC. I think they are all too high now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom