• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Daniel's restaurant in Elkridge, right off of Route 1 there. That place seems dead. Rode there yesterday at about 1730 hours and turned into their parking lot. Only a few motorcycles there, a dual couple seated in the back and only one couple seated at the exterior outside bar. What happened with this place? Used to be very busy for bikers/motorcyclists but no more?

Brute

Unwitting Accomplice
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2020
    Laurel
    Daniel's restaurant in Elkridge, right off of Route 1 there. That place seems dead. Rode there yesterday at about 1730 hours and turned into their parking lot. Only a few motorcycles there, a dual couple seated in the back and only one couple seated at the exterior outside bar. What happened with this place? Used to be very busy for bikers/motorcyclists but no more?

Going by their Facebook posts, they were hiring line cooks two days ago and a post from the 14th said they were only open until 3 that day. So maybe not dead, but trying to get by with short staff issues.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    Covid restrictions have put a real damper on the restaurant business. Even after the fact it seems hard to find employees. We enjoyed a restaurant in Betterton Beach but as much as the owner tried to keep it open, she couldn't find staff. She became chef at a B&B and as far as I know her restaurant is still up for sale.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I drove by there Wednesday and also wondered how they were doing. 15 yrs ago we’d meet a bunch of people there and go for all day rides. Well actually ride for 2 hrs and hang out for 1 then repeat. I liked the riding part but the constant breaks got old so I just started riding solo or with the occasional buddy.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    With Danny and Ms. Em being gone... it's just not the same place. Haven't been there in years... even though I pass it everyday, to and from work.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Less people riding bikes. At least thats what i have noticed. I like Daniels, it’s my go to spot when waiting for arrivals at BWI.

Sent from an undisclosed location.

RAF

MDS Supporter
    Dec 24, 2012
    We go up there a good bit, it gets slower some weekends in the summer months. A different crowd than before, older folk, families with kids, don't see many bikers anymore. They have karaoke now on Saturday nights.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    We were there this past Thursday evening and it was packed out. Getting help has been a problem so they have modified their hours. Closed on Monday and Tuesday and only open until 3pm on Sunday.

They say that they are doing fine but their staff is being worked to death.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    We go up there a good bit, it gets slower some weekends in the summer months. A different crowd than before, older folk, families with kids, don't see many bikers anymore. They have karaoke now on Saturday nights.
    I think that due to the restaurant choices in Elkridge more older folk and families with kids have discovered that it's a place with good food that's close to home and it's not the sterotypical biker joint.

Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua
    Covid restrictions have put a real damper on the restaurant business. Even after the fact it seems hard to find employees. We enjoyed a restaurant in Betterton Beach but as much as the owner tried to keep it open, she couldn't find staff. She became chef at a B&B and as far as I know her restaurant is still up for sale.
    Lol why would any business last there? The eastern shore is toast

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    We always enjoy going there and mixing it up with the harley riders. The last time a group commented they couldn't hear if my Wing was running or not LOL. I told them which way I was heading...no takers riding the shakers

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Do you guys know if that German fellow (I think his name is Helmut), if he still is around? He used to ride a Beemer, big guy and fun to talk to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom