• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    dude thats nuts, i moved to harford county to get away from this shit. might as well be back in the city.

Unfortunately the dividing line for the Bel Air school district is Abingdon Rd and the values of home on either side of the road reflects that. Plus Tollgate Rd is a direct route from the Wall-Mart/BJ's shopping area, which in my opinion is where some of the issues begin.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Can't beleive they haven't pulled prints from anyone's home. This all sounds like someone targeting the neighborhood. Possibly someone from within. Kind of odd to try and access a home at 7pm unless you knew the owners would be gone or were watching.

My thoughts exactly. They would have to be watching to know they left, or the homeowners just got lucky that they unknowingly left just before a home invasion...either way, it's a pile-o-shat and I'm getting tired of this crap.

dude thats nuts, i moved to harford county to get away from this shit. might as well be back in the city.

We followed the same plans I see...:lol2: I'll NEVER go back, but a move into PA or elsewhere is sooooooooo tempting.

a81lp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 15, 2008
    My thoughts exactly. They would have to be watching to know they left, or the homeowners just got lucky that they unknowingly left just before a home invasion...either way, it's a pile-o-shat and I'm getting tired of this crap.

We followed the same plans I see...:lol2: I'll NEVER go back, but a move into PA or elsewhere is sooooooooo tempting.

im thinkin NC

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    im thinkin NC

My buddy moved down there...I think near Greensboro or Green something...anyway, got 8 acres, a MONSTER house all for 1/2 what he paid for less up here. Surrounded by hundreds of acres of farm and hunting land too. I went down a couple months ago for the first time and we rolled around on 4 wheelers for hours and he showed me the 3 hunting stands/shacks they made...made me not want to come home :innocent0

a81lp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 15, 2008
    My buddy moved down there...I think near Greensboro or Green something...anyway, got 8 acres, a MONSTER house all for 1/2 what he paid for less up here. Surrounded by hundreds of acres of farm and hunting land too. I went down a couple months ago for the first time and we rolled around on 4 wheelers for hours and he showed me the 3 hunting stands/shacks they made...made me not want to come home :innocent0

we have friends that moved down there, real similiar situation. before we bought this place we we're really considering moving down there. I was ready to go, but the wife didnt want to leave her family. now she wants to move down there and we're stuck here

Boxtop

Sep 17, 2010
    Harford County

I would love to move to NC but am wondering if there is work down there. I am nowhere near retirement age. Hazzard county used to be nice but it sure feels uneasy lately.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I would love to move to NC but am wondering if there is work down there. I am nowhere near retirement age. Hazzard county used to be nice but it sure feels uneasy lately.

Work is the issue for me. While I can work remotely a good bit, maintaining a presence in my business is a must and something I enjoy. I've been here most of my life and still like the area minus the scumbags invading it now.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I hope our county PD can do a better job. I've been wondering what plans they have to keep it on that side of 95. Guess they are starting to lose the battle. I think we need to have a meeting with the Sheriff to see what they plan to do and how we can help.

Boxtop

Sep 17, 2010
    Harford County
    I hope our county PD can do a better job. I've been wondering what plans they have to keep it on that side of 95. Guess they are starting to lose the battle. I think we need to have a meeting with the Sheriff to see what they plan to do and how we can help.

I heard that they were building a new Sheriffs Station where the auto wrecker was on 40. That's just down the road from the other Station by the shopping center where Giant used to be. Maybe they will be hiring more officers.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun

Tom

as often as we laugh at this sign and joke around about it, there is some ironic truth to it. What strategy do we use?? its EASY....in my times in Community Policing I was the Neighborhood Watch Coordinator for the county and I was very successful at it. The strategy taht we taught is TARGET HARDENING.

What do I mean by that??? Bad guys want to do bad things to people who make it EASY for them. Let me ask you something, how many uniformed police officers are robbed as opposed to the elderly???? Why is that, its EASY and safer for them not to get caught or killed.

Its Homeland Security on the local level!!! Target Hardening...make you home or your car UN-INVITING to the bad guy. By make you're home un-invitiing it makes you neighbors home MORE inviting to be the victim.....NOW if the entire neighborhood used Target Hardening....theorically the bad guys go to a different neighborhood.

Sometimes its as easy as

-locking your doors
    -keeping your shrubbery under control
    -outdoor lighting
    -in door timer for lights and TV
    -stopping your mail/paper when you're away
    -getting an alarm system
    -have an understanding with your neighbors to watch your house on both sides of you and across the street from you
    -neighbood watches

Why is it you beleive that the "bad element" leaves one side of I95 to break in to the other side of I95. Beleive it or not....most of the time that is not the case. Bad guys like the familiar....the familiar is close to home.

give it some thought? FPS

Attachments

• yard-sign2.jpg
      yard-sign2.jpg
      29.2 KB · Views: 119

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I heard that they were building a new Sheriffs Station where the auto wrecker was on 40. That's just down the road from the other Station by the shopping center where Giant used to be. Maybe they will be hiring more officers.

We broke ground on the New Southern Precinct about a month ago. its not suppose to be done until Dec 11, hopefully sooner. with the advent of BRAC, the Feds and the State have acknowledged that we are seriously undermanned.

they are working on a new section of the detention center which will require 90 more personnel to man....90!!!

we are already short staffed and the recent recession has killed us just like everyone else.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun

FYI

we have 1 deputy that patrols an incredibly large area I95 to the south, Rt 24 to the east. Rt 1 to the north and Baltimore co line to hte west...Thats ALOT of ground for 1 person.

in your community we 1 deputy taht patrols I95 to the south, Rt 136/MD 543 to the east, Bel Air/ Rt 22 to the north, and MD 24 to the West. thats alot of land to cover

personally i think we need to double the coverage per shift but we don't have the personnel

Boxtop

Sep 17, 2010
    Harford County
    FYI

we have 1 deputy that patrols an incredibly large area I95 to the south, Rt 24 to the east. Rt 1 to the north and Baltimore co line to hte west...Thats ALOT of ground for 1 person.

in your community we 1 deputy taht patrols I95 to the south, Rt 136/MD 543 to the east, Bel Air/ Rt 22 to the north, and MD 24 to the West. thats alot of land to cover

personally i think we need to double the coverage per shift but we don't have the personnel

Wow that is short. Can you just not find deputies or do you just not have the budget?

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    Can't beleive they haven't pulled prints from anyone's home. This all sounds like someone targeting the neighborhood. Possibly someone from within. Kind of odd to try and access a home at 7pm unless you knew the owners would be gone or were watching.

As if the price of my home isn't low enough this crime isn't gonna help!
    What can we do about it? Honestly there is nothing we can do but hope the economy gets better and the houses care too expensive for the rif raf to buy.

If someone even comes close to entering my home they will be SHOT I don't care if it's a little kid someone will DIE if they enter my home to steal or hurt my family either me or them but someone will die.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    As if the price of my home isn't low enough this crime isn't gonna help!
    What can we do about it? Honestly there is nothing we can do but hope the economy gets better and the houses care too expensive for the rif raf to buy.

If someone even comes close to entering my home they will be SHOT I don't care if it's a little kid someone will DIE if they enter my home to steal or hurt my family either me or them but someone will die.

There is an HOA in Monmouth Meadows and it shouldn't be too hard to get the word out to everyone in there. I know there are plenty of people that walk/jog there and if someone could organize a schedule or "patrols", maybe the presence would deter some activity. Just a reflective vest and large flashlight would look "official" enough to make would be criminal move on. I know if sounds crazy, but I'm sure the sheriff's office would help if they knew it would help them out too.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    There is an HOA in Monmouth Meadows and it shouldn't be too hard to get the word out to everyone in there. I know there are plenty of people that walk/jog there and if someone could organize a schedule or "patrols", maybe the presence would deter some activity. Just a reflective vest and large flashlight would look "official" enough to make would be criminal move on. I know if sounds crazy, but I'm sure the sheriff's office would help if they knew it would help them out too.

Although for the most part I am not a big fan of our HOA, it is a decent way to spread the word. We have a quasi (sp?) email list for a bunch of neighbors to spread the word now, but it could always be better. I'm going to talk to those I know and attend the next meeting if possible.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Ryan...if you guys want to put togehter a Neighborhood Watch you need someone to take the lead and be the Watch Coordinator. MM is a pretty close community and getting the word out should be easy since w/ centrallly located mailboxes

We tried the Neighborhood Watch idea over here in MM Ph 5, no one would show. We do have enough street lights to land a 747 and several retired shooters here. I suspect the "hoodies don't like the woods either. We had a couple of issues early, but nothing in the last few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom