• ...and so much more!
  • camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021

FcpFQCxWYAII1vg

RennBaer

Aug 16, 2022
    NY-istan
    Now if they could just get rid of all of those ridiculous sensitive place restrictions then the DC permit might actually be worth getting for more than just driving through.

cyberalex

MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2022
    Federalsburg, Maryland
    aren't they still limited to 10 round mags?
    For residents who don't have a D.C. carry permit, I belive so, but for those that do have a carry permit, the restriction is up to 20. So, for those that carry a Glock 19, you can load up to 20 rounds using a 33-round Glock magazine. What also doesn't make sense to me is the restriction on the type of bullet that people use for EDC.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    For residents who don't have a D.C. carry permit, I belive so, but for those that do have a carry permit, the restriction is up to 20. So, for those that carry a Glock 19, you can load up to 20 rounds using a 33-round Glock magazine. What also doesn't make sense to me is the restriction on the type of bullet that people use for EDC.
    No. The restriction was Maximum 10 round magazine- not 11 or larger capacity.

DC is repealing that rule based on Heller’s lawsuit.

After 9/24, when the regulation is published, magazine limits will remain.

Permits issued by DC police (MPD) are still required.

Last edited:

cyberalex

MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2022
    Federalsburg, Maryland

After 9/24, when the regulation is published, magazine limits will be gone.

I got it confused with the rule on capacity for CCW holders. My mistake. No wonder gun laws are confusing. At least the correct answer is better for the Second Amendment. How would I be able to get a D.C. non-resident permit? Would I have to take their class to understand D.C.'s gun laws?

Hattie

Sep 18, 2012

Albeit without looking at the statutes, I do not believe “magazine limits will be gone.” As I read the announcement, what is disappearing is (1) the limitation of a licensed concealed carrier to a single reload; and (2) a maximum in any event of 20 rounds. The 10 round magazine limit appears in DC Code sec 2506.01(b), which (at least thus far) is not being repealed.

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    I am reading this differently. DC limits mag capacity to 10. CCW holders were allowed to carry extra mags, or extra ammo but no more than 20 rounds total including what is loaded in the carry firearm. I see nothing in the chief's order that addresses max mag capacity change. As I read it, I now do not have to limit the number of mags I can carry.
    Eg, if I carried a firearm with a 10 rnd mag and one in the pipe (11 rounds) under the old rule I was limited to one extra mag with 9 rounds ( or 2 mags with 5 and 4 rnds. Etc). Now In the same scenario I may carry one, two, three or more backup mags each loaded with no more than 10 rounds.

I am echoing Hatte's post above. I must have been still typing when Hattie posted

Last edited:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

So much fail here.

Just one:

1663191434956.png

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    DC just doesn't know when to give up. They've helped us get back a lot of rights over the years
    You can't get back rights, only privelages. Rights are inalienable. There is something deeper going on.

What pistol ammunition is prohibited?? Hollow points?

Is the magazine limit repealed with this as well, as said above? after reading 2343.1, it does not seem to be part of the section in question. Heller has had a few lawsuits though, so is there another one about the mag limits??

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Albeit without looking at the statutes, I do not believe “magazine limits will be gone.” As I read the announcement, what is disappearing is (1) the limitation of a licensed concealed carrier to a single reload; and (2) a maximum in any event of 20 rounds. The 10 round magazine limit appears in DC Code sec 2506.01(b), which (at least thus far) is not being repealed.
    This is what I think as well.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    You can't get back rights, only privelages. Rights are inalienable. There is something deeper going on.

What pistol ammunition is prohibited?? Hollow points?

Is the magazine limit repealed with this as well, as said above? after reading 2343.1, it does not seem to be part of the section in question. Heller has had a few lawsuits though, so is there another one about the mag limits??
    Maybe Frosh called up and asked them to not take it to trial so MD can keep infringing?

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    That makes no sense to me.
    This is the section that was repealed. Only this section. Hope it helps.

2343.1 A person issued a concealed carry license by the Chief, while carrying the pistol, shall not carry more ammunition than is required to fully load the pistol twice, and in no event shall that amount be greater than twenty (20) rounds of ammunition.​

CZ Peasy

Jun 29, 2012
    This is the section that was repealed. Only this section. Hope it helps.

2343.1 A person issued a concealed carry license by the Chief, while carrying the pistol, shall not carry more ammunition than is required to fully load the pistol twice, and in no event shall that amount be greater than twenty (20) rounds of ammunition.​
    I guess I need to buy another 10 round mag so I can have two reloads. Hopefully the mag size limit will be eliminated next.

OMD6dawg

@BurkeM so, if I’m carrying my VP9, I can now carry and fully load two or more of my 17rd mags instead of carrying my 10rd ones?

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    @BurkeM so, if I’m carrying my VP9, I can now carry and fully load two or more of my 17rd mags instead of carrying my 10rd ones?

No, I don't think that is the case. Not now anyway. The 10 round mag capacity limit is in DC law and I don't think it can be handwaved away by DC police, like the regulations around what your permit allows can be.

All this means is that you can carry more than 20 rounds if you have a permit. So 2 mags, 20+1, 3 mags 30+1, etc.

Note to @cyberalex, the 10 round limit in DC means capacity, not how many you have loaded in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Charles of the Manor

Latest threads

Top Bottom