• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    I was under the impression that since you have a legal ccw permit, that you can carry concealed in your vehicle as well in DE.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Yeah the other guy is just sayig if you have NO PERMIT but are open carrying, then you have to have it open in a vehicle

Irish Alley

Nov 27, 2011
    couple years ago i was pulled over in felton due to inactive tag light. i had my browning in the back of my mom moms van and asked him about laws about where the firearms can be placed he told me as long as they are unloaded and out of reach they are good. he told me to put a side arm in the glove box and the shotgun was good on the back seat.

organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind
    couple years ago i was pulled over in felton due to inactive tag light. i had my browning in the back of my mom moms van and asked him about laws about where the firearms can be placed he told me as long as they are unloaded and out of reach they are good. he told me to put a side arm in the glove box and the shotgun was good on the back seat.

That may be ok for firearm storage, however we are talking open carry here. To legally open carry in a vehicle as already stated, the firearm must be in plain sight.

Irish Alley

Nov 27, 2011
    lol some laws i may want to find out more about lol with work as long as do the paperwork and have my id on me i can carry in de and md recognizes this also but the fine details i have no clue about. i belong to another form but its about 73-87 chevy trucks on there im kind of up there in post cause i know these trucks inside out but on this form ill be the one asking the questions lol

bfreeder00

Apr 27, 2009
    Delaware/ Iraq
    you may wnat to look into the part about MD recognizing any gun laws from other states. I live in DE and just moved out of MD. I can open carry in DE all I want, but no matter what Concealed Permit I have, MD will not accept it. I do not believe that MD has reciprocity with any state.

Irish Alley

Nov 27, 2011
    being L.E. its one of the perks all i have to do is have my state L.E. id and badge and im good. this is what i was told lol, but yeah before i carry i will check on it to make sure. but one of my co-workers got pulled over on the western shore hes a de resident. he told the cop he was carrying then cop did freak out but after checking it out he let him go

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    you may wnat to look into the part about MD recognizing any gun laws from other states. I live in DE and just moved out of MD. I can open carry in DE all I want, but no matter what Concealed Permit I have, MD will not accept it. I do not believe that MD has reciprocity with any state.

I legally CCW in DE, but live in MD. When I carry, and travel home I unload and store my firearm securely. I also have my MD collectors, so I can legally transport firearms, and always have targets in my truck for target practice.

This has been the only way I could come up with to be compliant with MD stupid laws of transportation of firearms.

bfreeder00

Apr 27, 2009
    Delaware/ Iraq
    Was not talking about transporting the firearms. Irish Alley was talking about being able to CCW in MD. Was not aware that he is LE. Just wanted to make sure that its known that MD does not have reciprocity with any other state on CCW permits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom