• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    They better call J Noble Daggit!:innocent0
    Although Diet Mt. Dew is painful through the nose, this provided a much needed laugh.

General Sterling Price approves. :thumbsup:

th

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I couldn't believe the story until I read, "red BMW", at which point the story made complete sense.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    They announced to the cops they were heading to a destination in Ocean City so FOPA protections don't apply. My guess is they were charged with bringing in a banned weapon post-FSA.

If that weapon was owned pre 2013 then it would be legal correct? But the guy sounds dumb enough to tell them when he got it.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Red BMW hahahaha and they probably had on white sunglasses and white belts to go along with that. . .fruits.

You should have been in and around DC during the 70's and early 80's where between Memorial Day and Labor Day the white belt and white shoes crowd infected the USDA if not other federal agencies.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    If that weapon was owned pre 2013 then it would be legal correct? But the guy sounds dumb enough to tell them when he got it.
    The kid would have been 15 years old then, so if permissable by Delaware law (assuming this is where he first came in possession of the rifle), yes.

In MD, minors can possess unregulated long guns (1) after successfully completing hunter safety training or (2) upon turning 16. I don't think they can buy at age 16, but it can be gifted to them.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    The kid would have been 15 years old then, so if permissable by Delaware law (assuming this is where he first came in possession of the rifle), yes.

In MD, minors can possess unregulated long guns (1) after successfully completing hunter safety training or (2) upon turning 16. I don't think they can buy at age 16, but it can be gifted to them.

Yea but what matters would be DE rules if he bought it there right?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    You read my first paragraph, right?

Yup, the pointing being is that he almost certainly could not have bought it or owned it prior to 2013 based on his age. Since you'd have to own it per-2013 for it to be legal in MD...not a stretch for them to charge him if it wasn't a MD compliant configuration based on his age.

As for the possession of a minor thing, since it is a banned/regulated firearm, he'd have to be 21 in Maryland to own or possess it...so that is likely where the charge came from.

I hate the huge variation of state laws, but I also kind of feel like living in a state as small as DE l, let alone traveling to another state with a firearm, you look up those state firearms laws. Beyond that, just stupid attitude on their part is what landed them in trouble.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    As to what is/ isn't concealed for deadly weapons under 4-101 , look into the case law. It's all over the place, but plenty of " stuck inbetween car seat " cases . of course a good lawyer could roll the dice on that aspect and who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom