• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Integrity

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    I feel like I'm moving up in the world. I'm used to the crime in my neighborhood being a lot less "white collar." :D

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2011/06/03/howard-co-doctor-charged-for-illegally-selling-drugs/

Funny story. I was coming home from the range on Friday when the DEA showed up to do the raid. I normally park in my garage, but since my wife beat me home I was parking up at the top of the hill. I'm getting my gear out of the back of my car when 7 unmarked government vehicles and 1 HoCo squad car come flying around our circle. I literally freeze in my tracks cause I'm standing in the middle of the street with a range bag and rifle case. They all pull over and hop out in unison wearing vests with DEA across the back. Only the HoCo officer even bothered to look at me. He didn't say anything and turned to join the feds so I just quickly hustled down the street and into my home ASAP.

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    Similar thing happened to me when we lived in glen burnie. I was watching tv one night and I heard this terrible bang/bang/BANG. So I went to the door and opened it up to see a couple guys in full tac gear and the metal door ripped off the hinges, they very calmly asked me to go back inside...I hustled back in :)

sskijr

Ultimate Member
    Oct 30, 2008
    In Columbia? No way. I thought everyone lived in "peace and harmony" over there.
    Choose civility... hahahahaha

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Similar thing happened to me when we lived in glen burnie. I was watching tv one night and I heard this terrible bang/bang/BANG. So I went to the door and opened it up to see a couple guys in full tac gear and the metal door ripped off the hinges, they very calmly asked me to go back inside...I hustled back in :)

At least they had the correct address:innocent0

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    When we were living in a townhouse in Annapolis i smelled smoke one day and looked out front to see 3 firetrucks a chief truck and a couple cops in the street. The next door neighbor (connected unit) had fallen asleep in bed with a cigarette. A few minutes later the fireman came to the door and asked me to come outside. A couple months later i heard the banging going into that same neighbors place. This time it was the cops (swat types) entering the home on a narcotics warrant. We moved soon after.

Integrity

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    You forgot the part where you hurried in your house and changed your soiled pants :lol2:

Yeah, I'm never wearing those pants again. :innocent0

:D

I talked to another neighbor this afternoon and he said he saw the news story online while still at work Friday afternoon. When he watched the video clip and noticed our neighborhood from the helicopter's aerial view, he was like "WTF!"

I changed my wifi's network ID to "DEA shot my dog." I wonder if my neighbors will find it as humorous as I do?

iriden

Apr 16, 2008
    Aberdeen, MD
    I had a neighbor get busted by the police, I stood in the back of my truck and cheered the police on and encouraged them to taser the suspects some more and that I saw them resisting.

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    Were Woody and Country there yelling, "SEARCH WARRANT!!" with their DEA-issue RRA M4s? :P

xd40c

Business Owner-Gun Toter
    Sep 20, 2007
    East Earl, PA
    We had them hit the house across the street from us a few months back. All in black tactical, flash-bangs going off at 1:oo in the blessed a.m. it was a mess.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Man, you have to do some pretty dumb crap to get raided.

I wish you were correct and it seems in this case the raid was a good one as most are but just google Kathryn Johnson, Cheye Calvo, or Jose Guerena for some examples of what can happen to completely innocent people. Not trying to start any trouble or cop bashing here, just sharing an important little modern history lesson.

xd40c

Business Owner-Gun Toter
    Sep 20, 2007
    East Earl, PA
    Did you at least offer some coffee and sammiches to the officers?

When they were here, the whole operation didn't last 3 minutes. If I hadn't been out back drinking with my neighbor, we wouldn't have know anything. A bunch of guys came running down the alley and turned into the backyard. At the same time three-four cars hit the front yard. No lights or sirens. They went through the side door, Flash-Bangs go off. Load perp in waiting cars and gone.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    ATF busted my neighbors across the street a few years back. I was getting in my truck to go to work about 7:30am and I see guys in ATF jackets getting out of their cars to approach the house. I thought I was seeing things at first, I didn't stick around to watch though I had to get to work. Was never sure what happened. They had a few drag cars they raced and those disappeared shortly after.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Some teenaged girls in our neighborhood were involved in a drive-by snubbing, the other week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom