• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ballistic Outdoor Supply

Industry Partner
    Mar 23, 2024
    Finksburg, MD
    Too bad you are not open on Saturdays or I would have come by to take a look at your shop. It will be very difficult for me to come by on a weekday evening because of how far away I live from you. Nevertheless, I welcome your posting on this Forum and wish you a very successful business.

Cal68
    Cal,

We may open every other Saturday in the near future. But with doing 3 Maryland gun shows in April, it would probably be May before we think about doing every other Saturday maybe 10am - 2pm

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Thanks Doc. Ballistic Outdoors is actually a real gun shop with over 380 guns currently in stock and we special order from over a dozen distributors. The one co-owner of Ballistic Outdoors is also a co-owner in Maryland Munitions.
    Great, thanks for the clarification/update. Good to have local shops open nearby. Looking forward to checking it out.

Ballistic Outdoor Supply

Industry Partner
    Mar 23, 2024
    Finksburg, MD
    They aren’t the same place….MM is behind and below this place. This place is an empty unit that has a sign on the front and hours in the window and that’s it.
    Dusty,

Did you bother to come in and come down the steps? We're here. Sorry you couldn't find us. The building has a middle mezzanine level so we're not on the main upper level, just the entrance to our shop is. You probably looked into the kitchen and bath place that just moved in above us.

Ballistic Outdoor Supply

Industry Partner
    Mar 23, 2024
    Finksburg, MD
    I'm guessing they're an internet business with 6 set retail hours per week to satisfy the ATF.
    Squaregrouper,

Both owners of Ballistic Outdoor Supply work fulltime day jobs. We do some of the Maryland gun shows on the weekends. We only opened the shop in September of 2023. If we had the sales to hire employees and make enough to be open everyday we would. But for now we are doing what we can with the time we have.

DustyDave

Jul 1, 2020
    Finksburg, MD
    Nope…… you’re only open a few hours a week. I looked into glass directly underneath the big sign with your name on it. True I did not know that you were downstairs. But your hours are severely limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    All you have to do is contact them and go visit. Simple. These places are local and typically their business model is and develops friendships, as it should be.

I get it .
    It's * A * business model , it's legitimate, and Options are Good .
    Hours by appointment can be a thing , and it works for some consumers.

A start up is cool .
    An existing business adding FFL is cool .

That said , that kind of operation doesn't do much for me . I'm more of drop in if I happen to be nearby , and look over what is there , and see what grabs my interest ( think used to vintage , unusual , and interesting to my tastes ) . Insert several rambling anecdotes, including my two most recent purchases .

Wild guess - We'll be seeing a Ballistic Outdoor table , adjacent to the Maryland Munnicians booth at gun shows . ( A Good Thing )

Ballistic Outdoor Supply

Industry Partner
    Mar 23, 2024
    Finksburg, MD
    Wow I have to laugh at some of the responses here. First he/they/she posted the to days with hours, and the opportunity to contact to meet you there. Many gun shops have closed in Maryland. There was a store/shop in Finksburg that closed last year. My assumption is they were missed. All you have to do is contact them and go visit. Simple. These places are local and typically their business model is and develops friendships, as it should be.
    Thanks Sam. I didn't think we put out anything misleading. We are two guys that started a local gun shop on a part time basis. We work full time jobs and have committed as much time as were could to see if we can grow the business into something. We try to provide the best customer service and pricing on firearms that we can. Yes we are trying to develop friendships and long term customers. There's a lot of behind the scenes work that goes into opening even a small shop and the amount of time and work we have put in, no one would ever know unless they owned their own small business.

Ballistic Outdoor Supply

Industry Partner
    Mar 23, 2024
    Finksburg, MD
    I get it .
    It's * A * business model , it's legitimate, and Options are Good .
    Hours by appointment can be a thing , and it works for some consumers.

A start up is cool .
    An existing business adding FFL is cool .

That said , that kind of operation doesn't do much for me . I'm more of drop in if I happen to be nearby , and look over what is there , and see what grabs my interest ( think used to vintage , unusual , and interesting to my tastes ) . Insert several rambling anecdotes, including my two most recent purchases .

Wild guess - We'll be seeing a Ballistic Outdoor table , adjacent to the Maryland Munnicians booth at gun shows . ( A Good Thing )
    Bigfoot,
    Ballistic Outdoor has been doing guns shows since Sep 2023. We started at Howard County, We were at Ocean City last September. We just did Frederick this past weekend. We'll be at Howard County again in two weeks and Timonium after that.

DustyDave

Jul 1, 2020
    Finksburg, MD
    Don’t get me wrong….. I’m super glad you’re here. We desperately need another gun shop here….. the only existing one needs some competition! I’ll visit you sooner or later when I catch you open, and I understand about the limited hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom