• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Defiance

Dec 29, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    lol like my title? anyways i made my choice between the almighty Ak47 and the Sks.. im going with the Ak47 its a wasr 10 aswell. as i said before i plan to spend about 800 any ideas? i live in annapolis im aware of the armory, i just want to see what kind of deals are out. thx

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    lol like my title? anyways i made my choice between the almighty Ak47 and the Sks.. im going with the Ak47 its a wasr 10 aswell. as i said before i plan to spend about 800 any ideas? i live in annapolis im aware of the armory, i just want to see what kind of deals are out. thx

NOOOOOOO!!!! $800:puke::puke2::shocked2: call dan at gun connection ASAP you can spend the xtra $200 on ammo

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    i got this during the election day sale:D should be around $600 OTD now
    i put the stock on a few weeks ago. its an IO american made and its a great shooter. a few of us here have one:thumbsup:

GUNS032.jpg

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    i got this during the election day sale:D should be around $600 OTD now
    i put the stock on a few weeks ago. its an IO american made and its a great shooter. a few of us here have one:thumbsup:

GUNS032.jpg

Oooh that's just plain wrong. An AK with a collapsible AR stock on it???

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Be careful with the WASR-10s, lots of them originally were set up for single stack 10rd "post ban" mags, after the ban expired, Century basically saw-zalled the mag well to fit double stack standard mags, and some have issues with mags fitting too tight, or too loose, and some have poor quality control. They are amongst the lowest end of AKs, and for $800, you can get something much nicer, probably for a lot less. The Yugo M70s are built strong(and heavy), and are relatively accurate, the Lancaster AKs are some of the best finished, and even though they are built off of the same romanian kits that the wasr-s are, Lancaster uses better parts, better finishing of the materials, and much better quality control. Talk to Dan at GC, and see what he has, and what he can get for you. Also keep in mind that currently, there is a lot of 5.45X39 surplus ammo floating around that costs about 1/2 the price of 7.62X39, and that caliber is also made by Wolf, so even after the surplus dries up, you still have a good source of ammo.

Do some reading, and ask a lot of questions before you plop down a lot of money on something you may not be happy with. Also, the Chantilly and York gun shows are coming up, both should have plenty of 30rd mags and ammo for either caliber.

a basic lancaster starts at about $750, and they are well worth it for a premium built AK, Yugos are rougher looking, and are heavier, but use a thicker reciever, and bull barrel, they are running about the same as the lancasters, most of the rest are gone except for the polish Tantal, which are nice, but tend to be overpriced, Wasr-s are at the bottom of the AK food chain. Also, if this is intended to be a shooter, avoid folding stocks, they look cool, but flex, and are uncomfortable, they make a neat 2nd AK, but if this is your only AK, get the fixed stock.
    http://www.lancasterarms.com/

This is the way Century normally ships the wasr-10s
    http://www.centuryarms.biz/proddetail.asp?prod=RI1071C%2DN

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    Oooh that's just plain wrong. An AK with a collapsible AR stock on it???

Mine's too... had to swap SOMETHING out to make it 922 compliant :sad20: Looks terrible, but feels GREAT, except for the "chin weld". I think I need to get a CAR cheek riser for it.

FIREHAWK, being an American made rifle, I guess you can swap out pretty much any part you like as long as it's an American made part right?

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    FIREHAWK, being an American made rifle, I guess you can swap out pretty much any part you like as long as it's an American made part right?

technically yes i guess:o must be because its not an import. i haven't shot it with that stock yet, i'll have to remember that. the io uses alot of tapco parts so i wanted to complete the look, i just need a saw grip:innocent0

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    with all those aftermarker parts I'm sure your good to go, but you could always double with the 922r compliance list on gunwiki. that's how i settled on my mags and furniture for the Saiga. It's totally different looking from when you shot it last ;O) [/totalthreadhijack]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom