• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • klutch

Mar 27, 2018
    The primary election will be held on May, 14th with early voting beginning May 2nd. For better or for worse, I'm continuing to do this to give what I feel is the best information that I can regarding the election for this year. DO UNDERSTAND THAT we MUST involve ourselves in ways that we never had to in the past!!! It will not be enough to go out and vote; then come home!!! Our adversaries are emboldened and feel empowered! They will stop at nothing to steal an election!!! THIS is why we must be on guard and watch the polls like a hawk!! Distributing literature at the polls is OK, but we REALLY need people to be election judges and poll watchers as well! It kills me to say this but we probably need to do mail in voting and ballot harvesting like our adversaries!!! We must offer rides to the polls for those who need it!! If you need a ride, ask for one!!! If you can provide a ride or rides, DO IT!!! If we don't do these things, the enemy will win!!! We cannot afford that!!! Get involved with your local gun club, community group or local political organization(s) sympathetic to your cause to see what you can do about getting involved with candidates that need your help! Moreover, some people will write off voting as futile because of this sort of activity. DO NOT DO THIS!!!! GET OUT TO THE POLLS!!! Your vote is your voice; DON'T WASTE IT!!!

For those of you who are registered Democratic and want to do what I call 'the DINO thing' (i.e. voting for more moderate or conservative Democrats in an effort to try to take out a leftist), there are but a few opportunities this election where that strategy can work although it will take a major effort to launch upsets. As we all know, most newer Democrats have become increasingly hostile to freedom and there are fewer opportunities for such a strategy to work. For Republicans, the best chances lie in Congressional districts one and maybe six.Those are places where you're most likely to get a pro-gun representative elected to Congress. For a statewide office, it's going to be a bit difficult. I'll explain this in the entry for U.S. Senate.

Let me state once again that if you like what I've had to say, you have my permission to re-post this or distribute it in any way, shape of manner that you please. All I ask is that you give me the credit.

I've tried to make this piece as comprehensive as possible. If I missed something, let me know. I'm going with the best information I have available to me. Despite any personal preferences I may have, my approach to these matters is principled where I can afford to be, pragmatic where I feel I have to be. For now, here's my analysis for key races in the Primary Election:

PRESIDENT: For those voting in the Democratic primary, Marianne Williamson seems to be the best protest vote one can cast against Joe Biden. At this stage it probably won't mean much but it's better than nothing. For the Republican primary, give Donald Trump the nod. Do know that you will have at least two other choices for President in the General Election should you feel disenfranchised; maybe and likely at least one more. For those of you who have seen Bobby Kennedy's people gathering petition signatures, I would advise signing that petition not just because it's good to have competition, but because it likely will dilute progressive encroachments.

U.S. SENATE: This is going to be lengthy and perhaps controversial, so please bear with me. There's a lot to be said about the race for this open seat. For the Democratic primary, there are two front-runners vying for the nomination: David Trone and Angela Alsobrooks. Both are hostile to freedom! Almost none of the others running are friendly to us, either. There MAY be an exception, with that being Michael Cobb. Give him your vote. For the Republican primary, there are several choices. Perennial candidate Robin Ficker seems good on our issue, but I'm concerned that he has a track record which doesn't inspire confidence in the mind of the average voter! As such, I don't recommend him! Similarly, I'm also not confident about Chris Chaffee, who ran two years ago and did poorly. I hear some positive things about Lorie Friend and John Myrick. The problem is while both of these candidates are principled, I'm concerned that neither of these candidates can get the blessing of the state GOP, which without it, makes it nearly impossible to win in a statewide race. There are a couple of other folks that have 'thrown their hat in the ring', but again, none look promising. That leaves me to the final choice and the only likely choice that has the blessing of the state GOP: former Governor Larry Hogan. He isn't great on our issue, but he did stop some egregious encroachments against our issue as Governor. Whether he'll vote against such encroachments as Senator remains to be seen should he win. I'm unsure of this. We'll need to keep the pressure on should he be victorious. The bottom line: vote your conscience, but be aware of the outcomes under each scenario! Know that you will have at least two additional choices in the fall should you feel disenfranchised. One of said individuals, Libertarian Mike Scott, is a strong supporter of our issue!

REPRESENTATIVES IN CONGRESS:

DISTRICT 1 (EASTERN SHORE, HARFORD COUNTY, far eastern and far northeastern BALTIMORE COUNTY):
    For the Democratic ticket, Blane Miller seems to be the better choice. For the Republican ticket, incumbent ally Andy Harris has been there for us, so give him your vote. The last election showed a victory for Harris in a three-way race, but it wasn't by a desired margin. It wouldn't hurt to be on our guard. There will be a third candidate for the general election this time around as well.

DISTRICT 2 (far north-central BALTIMORE CITY, much of BALTIMORE COUNTY and much of CARROLL COUNTY): With foe Dutch Ruppersberger retiring, this is an open seat with a great deal of activity. For the Democratic primary, virtually no one is really any good for us! Both Johnny Olszewski and Harry Bandhari might be the least of evils. As bad as they might be, the alternatives are worse! For the Republican primary, Dave Wallace seems to be the most principled choice.

DISTRICT 3 (HOWARD COUNTY, far south-western CARROLL COUNTY, northern and east central ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY): With foe John Sarbanes stepping down, there is a great deal of activity for this open seat, too. For the Democratic primary: Mark Chang, Sarah Elfreth, Terri Hill, Clarence Lam and Mike Rogers have proven to be hostile on our issue while in the Maryland General Assembly! Virtually none of the others are good for us either! Jake Pretot might be the least of evils. For the Republican primary: several candidates look good. Berney Flowers may be the most principled choice. Avoid Robert Steinberger who while not horrible, is lukewarm on our issue! There will be a third candidate in the general.

DISTRICT 4 (far north-eastern MONTGOMERY COUNTY, far northern, western and southwestern PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY): We have virtually no pro-gun play in this district. For the Democratic ticket: incumbent and foe Glenn Ivey will have three challengers, two of whom have views that are unknown, the other, Gabriel Njinimbot isn't too good for us either. On the Republican side: George McDermott will advance to the general election unchallenged.

DISTRICT 5 (CHARLES, ST. MARY'S and CALVERT COUNTIES, eastern and southern PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY, western and southern ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY): We have little to work with here as well. On the Democratic ticket: Long-time incumbent and foe Steny Hoyer will have three challengers in the primary; none of whom are good for us. On the Republican side, Michelle Talkington will advance to the general unchallenged.

DISTRICT 6 (WESTERN MARYLAND, northern and north-central MONTGOMERY COUNTY): There are numerous candidates in both Democratic and Republican camps vying for this open seat that David Trone is vacating. We have a fighting chance to do something good here - and I mean FIGHTING!!! IT WILL BY NO MEANS BE EASY!!! It will take the right candidate and all hands on deck to see to it that it happens! On the Democratic side, sixteen candidates have thrown their hat in the ring. One would think or hope that with that many candidates, there would be at least one who would show concern for our issue, but that's not the case! Virtually all of them are hostile! Adrian Petrus might be the least of evils, but that isn't saying much! On the Republican side, Todd Puglisi ended his campaign. All the others who've thrown their hat in the ring are good for us. While my thanks goes out to to each of them, we must put up someone who has the best chance of defeating whomever the Democrats field! As such, I feel that Neil Parrott has the edge. One good thing is that the Green party will be fielding a candidate for this race. So if you find yourself in a progressive environment in, say, Montgomery County, metropolitan Frederick, the Hagerstown area or maybe a few other areas, it might be wise to don your 'Moshe Landman for Congress' apparel or material in an effort to dilute as many leftists encroachments as possible. There MAY also be an independent candidate in that race, Jason "Mr. J." Johnson, as well should he qualify for the ballot.

DISTRICT 7 (eastern, western, central and southern BALTIMORE CITY, adjacent areas in BALTIMORE COUNTY): This is a district where there are nothing but long shots. Incumbent and foe Kweisi Mfume will be challenged by Tashi Davis for the Democratic ticket. While by no means ideal, he may be the lesser of evils! On the Republican side: three candidates are vying for that seat. All seem to be good. Vote your conscience.

DISTRICT 8 (central, southern and eastern MONTGOMERY COUNTY): This too is a major long shot for us! On the Democratic side: the vicious, hostile incumbent Jamie Raskin will be challenged by Eric Felber, whose views are unknown but I'll suggest a vote for in a remote effort to try to unseat Raskin! On the Republican side: Cheryl Riley is better for us!

NOTABLE MENTIONS:

BALTIMORE CITY:
    We have virtually no pro-gun play here, but I'll make some mentions for those who live there.
    -MAYOR: There are many candidates who've thrown their hat in the ring for this race! BRANDON SCOTT NEEDS TO GO!!!! On the Democratic side, while perhaps not great on our issue, Thiru Vignarajah may be the most principled choice who has the best chance. On the Republican side, Donald Scoggins looks good for us.

-CITY COUNCIL PRESIDENT: On the Democratic side, if he's anything like his wife Marilyn, avoid Nick Mosby like the plague!!! Zeke Cohen might be an OK choice. On the Republican side, ally Emmanuel Digman will advance to the general unchallenged.

-COUNCILMANIC DISTRICTS: Only in districts 2, 6, 7,13 and 14 will there be a contest in the general election. For the primary in District 1, I'm least impressed with Liam Davis. I wish I had more information for these races.

JUDGE OF THE CIRCUIT COURT: I regret not being able to get as much information as I could about these races. I think voting against sitting judges might not be a bad strategy. In the 6th Circuit, avoid Marilyn Pierre

SCHOOL BOARD: Not an effect on our issue directly, but the indirect effects will likely be felt in the years to come. Even if you don't have kids in the public school system, I advise you check out the views of the school board candidates wherever you live! I apologize for not being able to offer a thorough analysis but I advise that you call your local school board candidates and support those who are in favor of sound education and not supporting juvenile indoctrination and grooming! Unlike the partisan elections and judgeships, all voters can vote for the school board.

Last edited:

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    The primary election will be held on May, 14th with early voting beginning May 2nd. For better or for worse, I'm continuing to do this to give what I feel is the best information that I can regarding the election for this year. DO UNDERSTAND THAT we MUST involve ourselves in ways that we never had to in the past!!! It will not be enough to go out and vote; then come home!!! Our adversaries are emboldened and feel empowered! They will stop at nothing to steal an election!!! THIS is why we must be on guard and watch the polls like a hawk!! Distributing literature at the polls is OK, but we REALLY need people to be election judges and poll watchers as well! It kills me to say this but we probably need to do mail in voting and ballot harvesting like our adversaries!!! We must offer rides to the polls for those who need it!! If you need a ride, ask for one!!! If you can provide a ride or rides, DO IT!!! If we don't do these things, the enemy will win!!! We cannot afford that!!! Get involved with your local gun club, community group or local political organization(s) sympathetic to your cause to see what you can do about getting involved with candidates that need your help! Moreover, some people will write off voting as futile because of this sort of activity. DO NOT DO THIS!!!! GET OUT TO THE POLLS!!! Your vote is your voice; DON'T WASTE IT!!!

For those of you who are registered Democratic and want to do what I call 'the DINO thing' (i.e. voting for more moderate or conservative Democrats in an effort to try to take out a leftist), there are but a few opportunities this election where that strategy can work although it will take a major effort to launch upsets. As we all know, most newer Democrats have become increasingly hostile to freedom and there are fewer opportunities for such a strategy to work. For Republicans, the best chances lie in Congressional districts one and maybe six.Those are places where you're most likely to get a pro-gun representative elected to Congress. For a statewide office, it's going to be a bit difficult. I'll explain this in the entry for U.S. Senate.

Let me state once again that if you like what I've had to say, you have my permission to re-post this or distribute it in any way, shape of manner that you please. All I ask is that you give me the credit.

I've tried to make this piece as comprehensive as possible. If I missed something, let me know. I'm going with the best information I have available to me. Despite any personal preferences I may have, my approach to these matters is principled where I can afford to be, pragmatic where I feel I have to be. For now, here's my analysis for key races in the Primary Election:

PRESIDENT: For those voting in the Democratic primary, Marianne Williamson seems to be the best protest vote one can cast against Joe Biden. At this stage it probably won't mean much but it's better than nothing. For the Republican primary, give Donald Trump the nod. Do know that you will have at least two other choices for President in the General Election should you feel disenfranchised; maybe and likely at least one more. For those of you who have seen Bobby Kennedy's people gathering petition signatures, I would advise signing that petition not just because it's good to have competition, but because it likely will dilute progressive encroachments.

U.S. SENATE: This is going to be lengthy and perhaps controversial, so please bear with me. There's a lot to be said about the race for this open seat. For the Democratic primary, there are two front-runners vying for the nomination: David Trone and Angela Alsobrooks. Both are hostile to freedom! Almost none of the others running are friendly to us, either. There MAY be an exception, with that being Michael Cobb. Give him your vote. For the Republican primary, there are several choices. Perennial candidate Robin Ficker seems good on our issue, but I'm concerned that he has a track record which doesn't inspire confidence in the mind of the average voter! As such, I don't recommend him! Similarly, I'm also not confident about Chris Chaffee, who ran two years ago and did poorly. I hear some positive things about Lorie Friend and John Myrick. The problem is while both of these candidates are principled, I'm concerned that neither of these candidates can get the blessing of the state GOP, which without it, makes it nearly impossible to win in a statewide race.There are a couple of other folks that have 'thrown their hat in the ring', but again none look promising. That leaves me to the final choice and the only likely choice that has the blessing of the state GOP: former Governor Larry Hogan. He isn't great on our issue, but he did stop some egregious encroachments against our issue as Governor. Whether he'll vote against such encroachments as Senator remains to be seen should he win. I'm unsure of this. We'll need to keep the pressure on should he be victorious. The bottom line: vote your conscience, but be aware of the outcomes under each scenario! Know that you will have at least two additional choices in the fall should you feel disenfranchised. One of said individuals, Libertarian Mike Scott, is a strong supporter of our issue!

REPRESENTATIVES IN CONGRESS:

DISTRICT 1 (EASTERN SHORE, HARFORD COUNTY, far eastern and far northeastern BALTIMORE COUNTY):
    For the Democratic ticket, Blane Miller seems to be the better choice. For the Republican ticket, incumbent ally Andy Harris has been there for us, so give him your vote. The last election showed a victory for Harris in a three-way race, but it wasn't by a desired margin. It wouldn't hurt to be on our guard. There will be a third candidate for the general election this time around as well.

DISTRICT 2 (far north-central BALTIMORE CITY, much of BALTIMORE COUNTY and much of CARROLL COUNTY): With foe Dutch Ruppersberger retiring, this is an open seat with a great deal of activity. For the Democratic primary, virtually no one is really any good for us! Both Johnny Olszewski and Harry Bandhari might be the least of evils. As bad as they might be, the alternatives are worse! For the Republican primary, Dave Wallace seems to be the most principled choice.

DISTRICT 3 (HOWARD COUNTY, far south-western CARROLL COUNTY, northern and east central ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY): With foe John Sarbanes stepping down, there is a great deal of activity for this open seat, too. For the Democratic primary: Mark Chang, Sarah Elfreth, Terri Hill, Clarence Lam and Mike Rogers have proven to be hostile on our issue while in the Maryland General Assembly! Virtually none of the others are good for us either! Jake Pretot might be the least of evils. For the Republican primary: several candidates look good. Berney Wallace may be the most principled choice. Avoid Robert Steinberger who while not horrible, is lukewarm on our issue! There will be a third candidate in the general.

DISTRICT 4 (far north-eastern MONTGOMERY COUNTY, far northern, western and southwestern PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY): We have virtually no pro-gun play in this district. For the Democratic ticket: incumbent and foe Glenn Ivey will have three challengers, two of whom have views that are unknown, the other, Gabriel Njinimbot isn't too good for us either. On the Republican side: George McDermott will advance to the general election unchallenged.

DISTRICT 5 (CHARLES, ST. MARY'S and CALVERT COUNTIES, eastern and southern PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY, western and southern ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY): We have little to work with here as well. On the Democratic ticket: Long-time incumbent and foe Steny Hoyer will have three challengers in the primary; none of whom are good for us. On the Republican side, Michelle Talkington will advance to the general unchallenged.

DISTRICT 6 (WESTERN MARYLAND, northern and north-central MONTGOMERY COUNTY): There are numerous candidates in both Democratic and Republican camps vying for this open seat that David Trone is vacating. We have a fighting chance to do something good here - and I mean FIGHTING!!! IT WILL BY NO MEANS BE EASY!!! It will take the right candidate and all hands on deck to see to it that it happens! On the Democratic side, sixteen candidates have thrown their hat in the ring. One would think or hope that with that many candidates, there would be at least one who would show concern for our issue, but that's not the case! Virtually all of them are hostile! Adrian Petrus might be the least of evils, but that isn't saying much! On the Republican side, Todd Puglisi ended his campaign. All the others who've thrown their hat in the ring are good for us. While my thanks goes out to to each of them, we must put up someone who has the best chance of defeating whomever the Democrats field! As such, I feel that Neil Parrott has the edge. One good thing is that the Green party will be fielding a candidate for this race. So if you find yourself in a progressive environment in, say, Montgomery County, metropolitan Frederick, the Hagerstown area or maybe a few other areas, it might be wise to don your 'Moshe Landman for Congress' apparel or material in an effort to dilute as many leftists encroachments as possible. There MAY also be an independent candidate in that race, Jason "Mr. J." Johnson, as well should he qualify for the ballot.

DISTRICT 7 (eastern, western, central and southern BALTIMORE CITY, adjacent areas in BALTIMORE COUNTY): This is a district where there are nothing but long shots. Incumbent and foe Kweisi Mfume will be challenged by Tashi Davis for the Democratic ticket. While by no means ideal, he may be the lesser of evils! On the Republican side: three candidates are vying for that seat. All seem to be good. Vote your conscience.

DISTRICT 8 (central, southern and eastern MONTGOMERY COUNTY): This too is a major long shot for us! On the Democratic side: the vicious, hostile incumbent Jamie Raskin will be challenged by Eric Felber, whose views are unknown but I'll suggest a vote for in a remote effort to try to unseat Raskin! On the Republican side: Cheryl Riley is better for us!

NOTABLE MENTIONS:

BALTIMORE CITY:
    We have virtually no pro-gun play here, but I'll make some mentions for those who live there.
    -MAYOR: There are many candidates who've thrown their hat in the ring for this race! BRANDON SCOTT NEEDS TO GO!!!! On the Democratic side, while perhaps not great on our issue, Thiru Vignarajah may be the most principled choice who has the best chance. On the Republican side, Donald Scoggins looks good for us.

-CITY COUNCIL PRESIDENT: On the Democratic side, if he's anything like his wife Marilyn, avoid Nick Mosby like the plague!!! Zeke Cohen might be an OK choice. On the Republican side, ally Emmanuel Digman will advance to the general unchallenged.

-COUNCILMANIC DISTRICTS: Only in districts 2, 6, 7,13 and 14 will there be a contest in the general election. For the primary in District 1, I'm least impressed with Liam Davis. I wish I had more information for these races.

JUDGE OF THE CIRCUIT COURT: I regret not being able to get as much information as I could about these races. I think voting against sitting judges might not be a bad strategy. In the 6th Circuit, avoid Marilyn Pierre

SCHOOL BOARD: Not an effect on our issue directly, but the indirect effects will likely be felt in the years to come. Even if you don't have kids in the public school system, I advise you check out the views of the school board candidates wherever you live! I apologize for not being able to offer a thorough analysis but I advise that you call your local school board candidates and support those who are in favor of sound education and not supporting juvenile indoctrination and grooming! Unlike the partisan elections and judgeships, all voters can vote for the school board.

"Lack of information" on Judge of the Circuit Court comes as no surprise, and by this I mean no slight whatsoever toward OP. These judges have made an absolute science out of living in the shadows. They need names, and they sorely need scrutiny.

As their names tend to appear only at election time, I couldn't agree more with OP that voting against incumbent sitting judges is indeed a good idea.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Remember the days gone by, when strong leaders (often former military) were on the ballot. Unlike today, where it feels like you have to settle for the one you dislike the least.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    tl:dr... just skimmed, but...

Just what is "our issue"?? I don't believe in single-issue voting, so I pretty much gave up there.

For the Republican primary: several candidates look good. Berney Wallace may be the most principled choice.

I did wonder, though... Who is "Berney Wallace"?? I've met and spoken with a really good person in Berney Flowers. Him, I'll be voting for.

Coehorn

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2024
    Baltimore County
    "It kills me to say this but we probably need to do mail in voting and ballot harvesting like our adversaries!!!

Good luck with that. I've been beating my head against a wall regarding this issue on a weekly basis. Crickets!!!

Let me make this abundantly and crystal clear. The Republican Party would rather lose the election on 11-5 than vote early. Stupid people is very prominent positions within the GOP are actually telling/ordering republicans to not vote early.

Political Malpractice Insanity!

Last edited:

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    I hear you, but no matter how much we yell, scream and cajole, there are only 2 things we are in control of (well, one and a maybe).

We can cast our own vote, and we can decide to do more to encourage others either for in-person or mail-in. If part 2 includes organized 'harvesting', great, but many conservatives see it as a bit skeevy.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City

Just what is "our issue"?? I don't believe in single-issue voting, so I pretty much gave up there.

I did wonder, though... Who is "Berney Wallace"?? I've met and spoken with a really good person in Berney Flowers. Him, I'll be voting for.

2A no doubt.

Not a single issue voter myself, but I will say this. If there IS a single issue candidate litmus test? One that tends to most quickly and accurately define a candidate's view of the electorate, as being either citizens or subjects?

It's the 2A issue.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The Republican Party would rather lose the election on 11-5 than vote early.

While there are reasons why Early Voting is poor policy . the Earliness of lawful Voting isn't the issue .

The Issue is the reluctance of the GOP to commit Wholesale Vote Fraud to have parity with the Democrat massive vote fraud . ( Of which , early and mail in voting are a prime tool among others of Democrat Vote Fraud .)

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    "It kills me to say this but we probably need to do mail in voting and ballot harvesting like our adversaries!!!

Good luck with that. I've been beating my head against a wall regarding this issue on a weekly basis. Crickets!!!

Let me make this abundantly and crystal clear. The Republican Party would rather lose the election on 11-5 than vote early. Stupid people is very prominent positions within the GOP are actually telling/ordering republicans to not vote early.

Makes ZERO difference if you vote in person,, or mail it in, Zero. It is still one vote.
    The only way to "make a difference" (keep up with the dems) is to cheat - utilizing the mail in/drop box system.

Coehorn

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2024
    Baltimore County
    Makes ZERO difference if you vote in person,, or mail it in, Zero. It is still one vote.
    The only way to "make a difference" (keep up with the dems) is to cheat - utilizing the mail in/drop box system.
    An emergency happens on election day and people can't vote. The kids gets sick on election day and people can't vote. The parents get sick on election and people can't vote. The weather is bad on election day and people can't vote. The car won't start on election day and people can't vote. Old people who simply don't want to leave the house on election day can't vote. Medical patients who can't leave their hospital rooms on election day can't vote.

There is an endless list of reasons why people can't get out and vote ON election day. If their votes are banked early, their votes will be counted. Why leave it up to chance when the rules say to be smart and vote early by any means possible.

All I want to hear is the entire GOP and the Trump campaign EMBRACING early voting/absentee voting. So we have as many votes as possible already submitted when the counting gets underway.

It's like there's a fifth column out there trying to undermine the republican turnout. Actually working on behalf of Biden. Some baffling shyt to be sure.

Last edited:

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    On the subject of ballot harvesting I am not well versed. That said, I view it like a sort of Trick or Treating. One wants to visit as many residences as possible to maximize the booty haul. Cities/densely populated areas tend to be blue. Two or three people could successfully canvas a high-rise apartment complex (Section 8?) in a few daze. Hello Mr/Mrs, I would like to offer you $50 for your signed ballot. We will be by a within a day or so of it being delivered to give you the fifty. Step away from those less affluent areas and the process takes more time and more money as $50 is not as significant. I mean geez, using my example, a mere $5M would get 100,000 ballots. I'm sure my thought(s) are full of holes but that is how I see ballot harvesting being greatly in favor of the team wearing the blue pinnys.

Coehorn

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2024
    Baltimore County
    On the subject of ballot harvesting I am not well versed. That said, I view it like a sort of Trick or Treating. One wants to visit as many residences as possible to maximize the booty haul. Cities/densely populated areas tend to be blue. Two or three people could successfully canvas a high-rise apartment complex (Section 8?) in a few daze. Hello Mr/Mrs, I would like to offer you $50 for your signed ballot. We will be by a within a day or so of it being delivered to give you the fifty. Step away from those less affluent areas and the process takes more time and more money as $50 is not as significant. I mean geez, using my example, a mere $5M would get 100,000 ballots. I'm sure my thought(s) are full of holes but that is how I see ballot harvesting being greatly in favor of the team wearing the blue pinnys.
    I completely forgot about LEGAL ballot harvesting. Thank you. Have the Trump campaign and the entire GOP get busy promoting LEGAL ballot harvesting too.

Have the GOP pass out bars of soap if it makes people feel icky. Better to feel unclean than to have The Geriatric for four more years.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    I completely forgot about LEGAL ballot harvesting. Thank you. Have the Trump campaign and the entire GOP get busy promoting LEGAL ballot harvesting too.

Have the GOP pass out bars of soap if it makes people feel icky. Better to feel unclean than to have The Geriatric for four more years.
    That what I described is legal?! Eff me... Oh and another note, the entity responsible for delivering the ballots in both directions should not be one that endorses/supports one of the candidates. No USPS and FJB!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Don't even need to knock on doors, and pay $50 . Just steal them from banks of internal mailboxes in apartments, senior centers , etc , and forge the signatures . The signatures aren't verified .

Lesser issue, but with early voting, exponentially more opportunity for fraudulent, multiple in person voting. i.e. At " regular " voting at the usual local precincts, the staff and the voters are from a compact geographical area and more likely at least slightly know each other ( Going on the idea that not every single voting staffer is on the take , and at least some are semi honest .) Early voting is at fewer , more spaced locations. )

Yeah , Yeah. Lots of hypothetical potential reasons someone might not make regular Voting. But people who * want * to vote will usually get it done . The number of Legitimate Voters who actually get prevented from voting on Election Day by last minute situation is a tiny tiny fraction of the vote fraud enabled by default mailing out of ballots .

Absentee Ballots need to go back to having to be requested, with a darn good reason.

klutch

Mar 27, 2018

That was an oversight on my behalf. I made the correction. Thanks for pointing that out.

klutch

Mar 27, 2018
    2A no doubt.

Not a single issue voter myself, but I will say this. If there IS a single issue candidate litmus test? One that tends to most quickly and accurately define a candidate's view of the electorate, as being either citizens or subjects?

It's the 2A issue.
    That was my point.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland

I am willing to vote early. I asked how to do this in another thread but didn't really get an answer.
    I don't want to "mail in" but I'll vote early. Do I just go to a polling place early, or use a drop-box?

Coehorn

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2024
    Baltimore County
    I am willing to vote early. I asked how to do this in another thread but didn't really get an answer.
    I don't want to "mail in" but I'll vote early. Do I just go to a polling place early, or use a drop-box?
    When you receive your ballot instruction sheet, it should list early voting locations for your county.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom