• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    A tangential question, why have manufacturers not sued Maryland and other states on things like magazine size? I would think they have an interest in it because the state is telling them to alter manufacturing process when already it had been said high cap mags are common use.

Sent from a galaxy far, far, away....

Manufacturer and retail (groups and individually) are parties to this case.

No "big names" to point at, but they're there, after a fashion.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I feel like the only way they can actually undo this would be to overturn Chester.

If Chester says a criminal gets intermediate, how do they reconcile giving a law abiding citizen the same level?

I'm actually hopeful the 4th issues a smack down to Judge Blake for writing an opinion based on her feelings and not on the law.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    seriously, much of the nation is protected from liberal idiocy. MD is a hellhole of CA proportions

Yep. MD isn't representative of the entire country. Not even close. People who think otherwise need to get outside of MD for serious amounts of time to experience reality elsewhere.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    10/17 of the judges were nominated by clinton or obama. we already have a ruling in our favor, why would be want to risk having it overturned?

And yet the Judge Treadler, who wrote the opinion in our favor, was nominated by Clinton.

So, how does that "nominated by a Democrat" thing work???

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    So damn tired of this it makes me sick! When will we just stand up and say enough is enough! These rights are granted by God and guaranteed by the constitution! I'm done with this communist f'n state! No matter what we do the ignorant ass dems in this state continue to vote for morons! Forget governor Hogan! He hasn't helped us one damn bit! We need to get rid of the delegates and take control of Annapolis! That is where we can win. Winning the statehouse clearly hasn't worked. I'm done!

Come on down to Annapolis early this week and vent your anger where it will do some good.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    So get off your butt and change that. DO something!

I vote.

I donate money.

What gives you the right to arbitrarily decide to call me out personally knowing nothing about what I DO?

I stated a fact. You took that fact and made an uninformed statement. Sounds familiar to other people who do the same thing.

Oh and did mention I'm an NRA life member too? Think I do a lot.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I vote.

I donate money.

What gives you the right to arbitrarily decide to call me out personally knowing nothing about what I DO?

I stated a fact. You took that fact and made an uninformed statement. Sounds familiar to other people who do the same thing.

And I think you can do more. And my opinion is just as valid as yours. That whole voting and donating thing really hasn't accomplished much to stop the stupidity and temerity in the MGA, now has it? How about working actively on overturning FSA2013? How about yelling and nagging at your legislative critters? They work for you, don't they? Get mad! MAKE THEM DO SO!

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    And I think you can do more. And my opinion is just as valid as yours. That whole voting and donating thing really hasn't accomplished much to stop the stupidity and temerity in the MGA, now has it? How about working actively on overturning FSA2013? How about yelling and nagging at your legislative critters? They work for you, don't they? Get mad! MAKE THEM DO SO!

I don't get into internet pissing contests especially when we're both on the same side. My statement stands you made a broad assumption based on nothing. Honestly think about that.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    I vote.

I donate money.

With due respect... We all throw money at it, but too few actually do any more than that.

This all has been proven to have limited effect.

People power is all they understand now, and it needs to be in large numbers.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Correct. And writing letters to people who are already on our side does nothing. We cant vote out someone not from our district.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Correct. And writing letters to people who are already on our side does nothing. We cant vote out someone not from our district.

No, you can't, but, if your Delegate(s) and Senator are on the right side, then take a little time to a) help get them re-elacted and b) maybe pitch in a little time in another local district to get someone un-elected.

And my next statement is directed at you necessarily, but that support and work for Delegates and Senators that support us, needs to start today, not in 2018, and the same goes for candidates to un-seat incumbents.

An hour here and an hour there adds up, and even more so when that work starts today.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I feel like the only way they can actually undo this would be to overturn Chester.

If Chester says a criminal gets intermediate, how do they reconcile giving a law abiding citizen the same level?

I'm actually hopeful the 4th issues a smack down to Judge Blake for writing an opinion based on her feelings and not on the law.

I think they'll try to do some gymnastics here instead of flat out overruling Chester. They'll probably say AW are not the "quintessential self defense weapon", thus it gets intermediate scrutiny. They will cite the cases from other circuits and move on.
    The gymnastics will really come in because the authors of Chester and Kolbe are the same judges. But that won't stop the libs from saying Chester didn't mean what Traxler and Agee thought it did:sad20:

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I don't get into internet pissing contests especially when we're both on the same side. My statement stands you made a broad assumption based on nothing. Honestly think about that.

It was the standard "I do more, look at me" :irule: post. Even when they have no clue what you do. Not to worry.

CrazyIvan

Crazy Ivan
    Aug 2, 2013
    Scaggsville (Howard County)
    It was the standard "I do more, look at me" :irule: post. Even when they have no clue what you do. Not to worry.

Each of us does what we can. Some of us have money to throw at the problem and offer financial support, others of us are good at getting in front of people and selling their agenda, and still others of us are good at writing letters to our representatives, and some try other tactics like bringing anti's to the range to actually try shooting, making converts, especially when they live in "anti" districts and getting 2A agnostics to the range to become converts as well.

It takes each of us and our unique skills to make this happen. I get really frustrated when people tell me that I need to get myself in front of my legislators face to face or I'm not really contributing to the cause.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

Actually it was a typical (for me) "I think you can do more - it's not that hard" post. But assumptions seem to be running completely amok. My apologies for ruffled feathers. So long.

Rhome3

Jan 3, 2016
    To clear the air -- can anyone give us an idea of where we stand right now ? From what I've gathered en banc wasn't expected to happen unless they really wanted to make a statement. They would have to of known that by denying it and going to a 4-4 decision in the Supreme Court (or be denied) that the existing ruling would stand. I get the impression that they intend to make a statement out of this in one of two ways A) overturn it and allow for continue gun right deterioration or B) Establish strict scrutinity to squash this in the future. My gut tells me they are aiming for A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom