• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marshmallow

Feb 4, 2012
    been out every evening since early in the week. Got winded Wednesday, watched a group walk out of range Thursday, and today nearly blew it. The stakes for my ground blind weren't holding with the wet ground and crazy wind. I see a group of 3 deer coming in, just as my blind wants to fly away. Trying to keep the blind still, while keeping an eye on the deer and quietly grabbing my crossbow.

About 40 yards out they either heard me, or saw me move. They got very skeptical and turned to leave. I let an arrow fly at the biggest doe in the group. I must have under compensated for wind. My arrow rose up, and went over the back of the doe I wanted, and struck this young buck in the neck. He dropped like a stone and never flinched. Very mad at myself for the piss poor shot, but happy another deer is headed to the freezer.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    wind could have caught the bolt...but a quick kill is still good as is meat in the freezer! I wish we had a longer deer season here. Im prepping for next season...Im starting clearing brush for a micro-food plot see how that goes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom