• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F8L_Funnel

Jan 28, 2013
    I need to call DNR tomorrow, but I purchased my license back in late Oct. I received the digital license, but have not received the log book or tags. Can anyone tell me if they have had issues getting these in the past or this year?

I am new to hunting and want to get out there but can't without the tags..correct?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Pick up one of the Hunting regulations books at Walmart. There are a set of tags in there. Or just make up your own tags from an index card, as long as you have all the info I don't think you would need a specific tag

F8L_Funnel

Jan 28, 2013
    I ordered and paid for everything directly to the DNR Compass website. So the tags are not individualized? They are generic and your just fill in your info?

deerhtr

Nov 22, 2011
    eastern shore
    your DNRid number is not your license number the dnrid is a number to identify you in the dnr database your license number is listed your stamps with a L starting the numberas in L0002848759092887.

MDHunter

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2007
    Free America
    Thank you!

What everyone has said about the License Number and DNRID Number is correct. Just to add some info:

If you get a deer and call the toll-free number to check it in, they will ask for your DNR ID#, date of kill, County Number (these are listed in the Reg book),
    location number (these are shown on maps in the reg book), sex of deer, number of points if it's a buck, type of weapon used. Then they will give you a confirmation number that you need to write on your license in the harvest record area.

Did I forget anything fellas?

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Did I forget anything fellas?
    You have to tag the deer before you move from the kill spot.
    You need to have orange on, while moving, gutting, etc.
    You need to have an approved ID on you with your license.
    Mr. DNR told us this last month, my buddy shot it, we went back to the barn to change our clothes to 'gutting' clothes, drove the 'Gator' out to pick it up, and I was gutting it when he walks up.
    Very nice, no warnings or anything - BUT HE COULD HAVE NAILED US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom