• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • t3tech

Oct 15, 2007
    Elkton
    I'm happy with the one I have. Most feedback/reviews I have seen on them are favorable. As far as quality of the parts used and assembly I believe they fall somewhere in the middle of the road.

For a basic general purpose rifle they are probably one of the best in the bang for the buck category. For my next build I'm thinking of spending a little more and going with RRA though.

capTIM

Carroll County Drunkard
    Apr 30, 2008
    Sykesville
    I got my del-ton upper for $500 back in October at a PA gun show. It was the cheapest one there, that's why I ended up with it. Since then, I couldn't be happier. I've only put a couple of hundred rounds through it, but have had no issues so far. If I had it to do all over again, I wouldn't have wasted time shopping around and would have just bought it.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    Those uppers are great, just make sure you strip it down and look over it well. they shoot very accurate, but don't buy one on their website, it will take you for ever to get it. Look around at gun shows and on gunbroker.com

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    J&T at the SAR show cost me $120+ more for a 16" upper/BCG/CH than the website price, but I walked out with it in me hot li'l fist. I hate waiting.

I have a Doublestar kit i got before thanksgiving and an upper from J&T. They make good stuff, i don't mind waiting since I don't have the $$. I have a 7.62x39 20" A3 upper on backorder with them.

I'm kinda glad the DTI backorder, it gave me time to save the $$

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Del-Ton is fine.

J&T Doublestar is fine as well.

Really depends what you are buying, for your standard CAR/service configuration almost everything is comparable. THe higher end configurations is where you get your value from the Larues and others.

I looked over a YMH upper a while back and it was a fairly nice unit for the money as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom