• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clump

Sep 19, 2008
    Felton, DE
    I started jumping through the 101 hoops to get a Delaware CCDW permit.

Started looking at micro 9s and it quickly escalated. Went to Cabela's in Christiana and fondled the M&P Shield +, Sig P365 and XL, and a few Kimbers. I REALLY like 1911s, so the Kimbers just felt "right".

Brought this 1 home

It's a Cabela's exclusive. Comes with 2 7 round mags, which are much better for my large paws and a few bucks cheaper. I think the rubber grips will help with the snap. Hopefully find out in the next couple of days.

Attachments

• 20220311_203504.jpg
      20220311_203504.jpg
      180.7 KB · Views: 546

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Been looking at the Kimber micro.
    Give us a range report. More concerned if the mag extension pinch’s your fingers when firing like my glock 26 does.

BartExp

Ultimate Member
    Seems daunting going through the hoops for the DE CCW, but it wasn't all that bad. Luckily I'm in Sussex Co. Seem approvals are moving pretty quickly now (34 days for me).

Wife and I both got our CCW. Actually the main reason was CCW was exempt from magazine limit that never passed in DE. But, glad we did it.

She bought a Hellcat and I got the Sig 365. She is having issues with racking the slide on the Hellcat. Her issue, not the gun. She has wrist pain and can't get a good grip on the slide. The spring is pretty strong and similar to the Sig 365. So we were at the range last week and she tried the S&W Shield EZ. Spring is not as strong and she can rack it much better. Downside - single stack 8 magazine. Hellcat and Sig 365 are double stack 10 or 12 round.

I like the Sig. Need to work on my grip. Constantly shooting low. I have average hands, but it is a small gun.

Also there is a DECCW discussion board like MDS. It is much, much, much, much smaller and infrequent posts. But, I did get some good info there. DECCW.COM

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    So we were at the range last week and she tried the S&W Shield EZ. Spring is not as strong and she can rack it much better. Downside - single stack 8 magazine.

In case you (or others) didn't know, the EZ is easy because it's actually
    a hammer gun, not a striker. The hammer is concealed inside under the
    slide to make it look like a striker, but has the lower effort of a hammer..

Does it matter? I dunno..

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    Seems daunting going through the hoops for the DE CCW, but it wasn't all that bad. Luckily I'm in Sussex Co. Seem approvals are moving pretty quickly now (34 days for me).

Wife and I both got our CCW. Actually the main reason was CCW was exempt from magazine limit that never passed in DE. But, glad we did it.

She bought a Hellcat and I got the Sig 365. She is having issues with racking the slide on the Hellcat. Her issue, not the gun. She has wrist pain and can't get a good grip on the slide. The spring is pretty strong and similar to the Sig 365. So we were at the range last week and she tried the S&W Shield EZ. Spring is not as strong and she can rack it much better. Downside - single stack 8 magazine. Hellcat and Sig 365 are double stack 10 or 12 round.

I like the Sig. Need to work on my grip. Constantly shooting low. I have average hands, but it is a small gun.

DECCW.COM

I have nerve damage in my hands and some of the same problems with racking. I've also noticed that many in my training classes have similar problems, many due to apparent lack of strength in their hands, (I'm running a 365 XL.)

Here are some things I've learned. Hollywood has corrupted our thinking. Many of us maintain our stance with our feet perpendicular to the target down range. We keep the firearm pointed downrange in a safe direction. When we go to rack the slide we grip the slide in our support hand and attempt to pull it toward our body. That's a lot of torque, especially in an unnatural direction. Arthritis doesn't help either.

You might try this in the alternative: Shift your posture so your feet and shoulders are perpendicular to the firing line--pointing down range. Now you can hold the firearm across your chest. It will be pointed downrange. You can also now hold it a little closer to your body. Grab the slide with your support hand--but hold it stationary. Now rack the slide by pushing your shooting hand forward by exerting pressure on the grip. When the slide is racked you can effectively "rip" the slide from your support hand. That hand does all the work; this takes the work load off of the support hand. It also prevents you from "guiding" the slide forward--something I see all too frequently. By simply reorienting your stance and shifting the workload the felt resistance of the spring can be less.

I shoot at Salisbury Gun Club in Parsonsburg frequently. If you want to experiment with things PM me.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    In case you (or others) didn't know, the EZ is easy because it's actually
    a hammer gun, not a striker. The hammer is concealed inside under the
    slide to make it look like a striker, but has the lower effort of a hammer..

Does it matter? I dunno..

Does it matter? No.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Name and full address. Not all publications qualify. But one that does is "The Guide". Basically a grocery store free classified ad book. Cost about 30 bucks to run the ad for 1 publication.

The Guide used to be laying around the house all the time when I was a kid in lower DE. Remember when the group that worked there hit the Powerball also which was kind of cool.

BartExp

Ultimate Member
    Don't take the class too early in the process. One guy in my class, was taking the class a second time because the class "expired" by the time he did all the other steps. Can't remember the time frame regarding the class, but it is in the application instructions.

Clump

Sep 19, 2008
    Felton, DE
    Took the baby Kimber to the range today. 150 rounds, 0 issues with the gun. It was all Winchester white box 115 gr ball. It ate every round with no problems and no pinch from the extended mags.

I wish the shooter performed as well as the gun. It's been over a year. Felt good, but damn I need practice!

This is 100 rounds at 7 yards. Edit - Don't know why it turned the picture.

Attachments

• 20220314_173839.jpg
      20220314_173839.jpg
      93.4 KB · Views: 199

Sloopjonb

Feb 5, 2016
    I also rack my EZ 380 and EZ 9 the same way, being 75 everything hurts and that's the easiest way I found to rack it also the mags are easier to load. I have a few 9mm's and have to carry the mag loader with me to a range and if I forget I'm screwed.

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    Somebody makes little dohickeys that attach to the rear of the slide to provide a firmer grip. I haven't tried them but looks useful.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom