• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DEVE

Jan 15, 2019
    DELMARVA
    What’s keeping me from applying is that I don’t know 5 people I trust to fill out those stupid forms.
    I’m disabled so I don’t work, which means I don’t have “work friends”, and my neighbors are mostly transplants from anti-gun states.
    So that part of the requirement is really precluding me from even being able to apply.
    I WISH this was a shall-issue state, because I’d have no issue then.
    In fact I’m curious if I have some sort of standing due to how part of the requirement is placing an undue burden on me or something.

What’s the deal with those affidavits anyway? Do they need to be people who live in your county, or in your zip-code? And is there a requirement for how long they’ve known you? I thought I saw somewhere that they need to have known you at least a year, is that right?

Anyway, that’s the only thing stopping me.
    BTW, I’m in Kent if it makes any difference.

Clump

Sep 19, 2008
    Felton, DE
    What’s the deal with those affidavits anyway? Do they need to be people who live in your county, or in your zip-code? And is there a requirement for how long they’ve known you? I thought I saw somewhere that they need to have known you at least a year, is that right?
    Have to live in the County you do and have to know you at least 1 year.

The whole thing is a PITA and there are some costs involved too. Probably about $500 all together. Of course all of this is on purpose, but compared to MD it's easy.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    $500 is same ballpark as Maryland , if you're not Training Exempt .

DE is Shall Issue , in that there is no G&S , Proper Reason , etc for arbitrary denial . But they try hard to make it as cumbersome as possible .

The Reference fine print can be a major stumbling block , for people actually new to that area . Even Md doesn't require references to be ( current ) Md residents . Heck , there's been nationwide Mail service since 1893 .

DEVE

Jan 15, 2019
    DELMARVA

DE is Shall Issue , in that there is no G&S , Proper Reason , etc for arbitrary denial . But they try hard to make it as cumbersome as possible .

The Reference fine print can be a major stumbling block , for people actually new to that area . Even Md doesn't require references to be ( current ) Md residents . Heck , there's been nationwide Mail service since 1893 .
    Well for me it may as well be “no issue” because of the reference requirement.
    My life simply is the way it is. So I guess I’ll just OC, and if anyone take an issue with it they can leave.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I dont live in DE but so close I have a DE address to my house/
    I really dont get what all the complaining is about.
    Dont get your permit if you dont want to follow the program or go back to the western shore or wherever it is that you came from and just get one there.

Or like the fellow described above, just open carry.
    Its like southern Ukraine, if someone doesn't like it, tough shitsky Ya'll.

Dont forget to case your sidearm when traveling strolling into MD. either.
    Not everyone in MD gets a free pass by the Leo's when you get stopped wearing one.

Maybe by publishing your name in the guide or a local periodical someone on one side of the line would know who you are for Christ Sakes.

imaoldcowhand

Aug 3, 2018
    posted by BartExp:
    Seems daunting going through the hoops for the DE CCW, but it wasn't all that bad. Luckily I'm in Sussex Co. Seem approvals are moving pretty quickly now (34 days for me).

Wife and I both got our CCW. Actually the main reason was CCW was exempt from magazine limit that never passed in DE. But, glad we did it.

She bought a Hellcat and I got the Sig 365. She is having issues with racking the slide on the Hellcat. Her issue, not the gun. She has wrist pain and can't get a good grip on the slide. The spring is pretty strong and similar to the Sig 365. So we were at the range last week and she tried the S&W Shield EZ. Spring is not as strong and she can rack it much better. Downside - single stack 8 magazine. Hellcat and Sig 365 are double stack 10 or 12 round.

I like the Sig. Need to work on my grip. Constantly shooting low. I have average hands, but it is a small gun.

Also there is a DECCW discussion board like MDS. It is much, much, much, much smaller and infrequent posts. But, I did get some good info there. DECCW.COM

posted by TLL:
    Somebody makes little dohickeys that attach to the rear of the slide to provide a firmer grip. I haven't tried them but looks useful.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Don't know how much this will help many here, but I found this this to be very helpful on my S&W M&P Shield, no it doesn't fit all firearms.

Recover Tactical Slide Rack Assist 7 Versions Available Compatible w/Glock 17 19 20 21 42 43 Compatible with Smith & Wesson Shield & M&P 9 40 No Mods Needed.

Attachments

• Recover Slide Assist.jpg
      Recover Slide Assist.jpg
      36.5 KB · Views: 127
    Last edited:

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    how much coin was that kimber? I like them but they seeem high

OH on DE anyone know what hte deal was with mag capacity limit? I was told it passed then it did not then it did?

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    how much coin was that kimber? I like them but they seeem high

OH on DE anyone know what hte deal was with mag capacity limit? I was told it passed then it did not then it did?

There are no mag limits in DE currently.

19mace92

Aug 2, 2022
    Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
    Delaware requires your name be published in the paper as part of the permit process doesn't it?
    For new applications yes. It's been a few years since I applied but I believe the requirement is that it needs to be in a paper that has at least 35% circulation in the state. The News Journal office located just outside Newport complies and has a standard form to fill out at the reception desk in the lobby. Took five minutes.

19mace92

Aug 2, 2022
    Rehoboth Beach, Delaware

When I applied several years ago, my references were never even contacted. I was a New Castle County resident at the time. Also, I was able to get away with only spending about $350 total (just as an FYI). The largest expense was the 8-hour course that we completed in 6. The paperwork makes the process seem really hard and restrictive but with the number of applications pouring in currently, it may go faster and smoother than you think.

19mace92

Aug 2, 2022
    Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
    posted by BartExp:
    Seems daunting going through the hoops for the DE CCW, but it wasn't all that bad. Luckily I'm in Sussex Co. Seem approvals are moving pretty quickly now (34 days for me).

Wife and I both got our CCW. Actually the main reason was CCW was exempt from magazine limit that never passed in DE. But, glad we did it.

She bought a Hellcat and I got the Sig 365. She is having issues with racking the slide on the Hellcat. Her issue, not the gun. She has wrist pain and can't get a good grip on the slide. The spring is pretty strong and similar to the Sig 365. So we were at the range last week and she tried the S&W Shield EZ. Spring is not as strong and she can rack it much better. Downside - single stack 8 magazine. Hellcat and Sig 365 are double stack 10 or 12 round.

I like the Sig. Need to work on my grip. Constantly shooting low. I have average hands, but it is a small gun.

Also there is a DECCW discussion board like MDS. It is much, much, much, much smaller and infrequent posts. But, I did get some good info there. DECCW.COM

posted by TLL:
    Somebody makes little dohickeys that attach to the rear of the slide to provide a firmer grip. I haven't tried them but looks useful.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Don't know how much this will help many here, but I found this this to be very helpful on my S&W M&P Shield, no it doesn't fit all firearms.

Recover Tactical Slide Rack Assist 7 Versions Available Compatible w/Glock 17 19 20 21 42 43 Compatible with Smith & Wesson Shield & M&P 9 40 No Mods Needed.

I had a friend with something similar. He was having "printing" issues so it created a highly visible protrusion under his shirt. You couldn't tell exactly what it was but you knew something was there and could draw a conclusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom