• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    The police settled the lawsuit by agreeing to give the guy $50K, which I am sure came with absolutely no admission of any wrong doing.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Just proves bullies will be bullies. Thank goodness there are more good officers than the bad.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    And yet we get nothing when legislators tear up the second amendment. SMH.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Wonder where this was. Who the heck is straight Arrow news?
    Looks like on the co op system somewhere, becuase of the utility construction on that pole line back there.
    This was settled back in September 2023. The original story was posted here on MDS.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    This was settled back in September 2023. The original story was posted here on MDS.

Yes thanks for posting. I read the article and what a going on!
    I must admit I did get a laugh when the author wrote about issuing for a hand gesture.
    The pursuit thing did however make me re think the actions of the cops. When your a hammer everything becomes a nail though I guess.
    They should work off some of that pent up frustration writing tickets for the speeders on 13 instead of doing it themselves and causing a 180 mph combined collision with some person just using the roadway.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Or qualified immunity is kiboshed
    Qualified immunity is only applicable for "good acts" or acts without bad intent. In other words, an honest mistake. If you shoot someone that you reasonably believe was pointing a gun at you, you are covered by qualified immunity.

Qualified immunity was never meant for an intentional bad act, such as the beating death of Tyre Nichols.

We can agree to disagree on qualified immunity, but I'll agree that it seems that it needs reform, especially if intentional bad acts are being protected by QI.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    We can agree to disagree on qualified immunity, but I'll agree that it seems that it needs reform, especially if intentional bad acts are being protected by QI.
    It is precisely that incremental if not overt abuse of that immunity, or any power, that makes keeping that power away from them the best policy.

The Founding Fathers were geniuses.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I went down the Youtube rabbit hole for these types of things the other day. There are all kinds of videos of people filming in pubic and the police harassing them asking for ID for no reason other than "their safety". Police saying if they don't they will arrest while also acknowledging that it will be thrown out in court. Or asking passengers in car for IDs and when the passenger says no since they weren't part of the crime and ID not needed the police say that because they won't give the ID they will ticket the driver instead of giving a warning.

Maryland Trooper did start off on the wrong then went in to the DMV and told everyone that the guy could video the public areas as it isn't against the law.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Don't touch shit that's not yours.
    Reference parenting 101.
    Delawarians...get angry at how expensive it is to educate your public servants.
    Replace them with adults that understand the basics of life known to todlers.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Don't touch shit that's not yours.
    Reference parenting 101.
    Delawarians...get angry at how expensive it is to educate your public servants.
    Replace them with adults that understand the basics of life known to todlers.
    We hired too many people via affirmative action. What are we going to do? Create a janitorial division and move them there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom