• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Friends,

Many firearm owners and prospective buyers have been waiting for months to have their background checks and forms approved to take home their handgun from the store. Maryland State Police had an extremely large backlog and it was perceived that they were delaying intentionally. However, they had promised legislators and Maryland residents that they were bringing in extra staff to take care of the backlog. Now news has surfaced that they outsourced confidential information to other state agencies to complete more of the work.

There are a number of concerns about this latest course of action not the least of which is that untrained people who have not been vetted have access to information that was supposed to be strictly the domain of state law enforcement and completely confidential.

I have asked the Maryland State Police to explain why they did not inform the public before allocating this information to other agencies for review. We have received a statement from MSP and they are in the process of sending us a formal answer. I will be sure to pass this information along as soon as it becomes available. In the meantime, MSP has posted press release on their website that can be viewed at http://www.mdsp.org/News/PressReleases/tabid/359/ctl/Detail/mid/1088/xmid/21967/xmfid/4/Default.aspx

I pinged him about this. I never received a response. I figure he got flooded.

Nice to see another delegate on our side on this one.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom