• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • david2260

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 7, 2012
    Ocean View DE
    Dear Concerned Maryland Citizen,

Thank you for writing to me regarding the 2nd Amendment rights issues in Maryland. The bills are now moving quickly and I wanted to you an update regarding the status of the gun bills.

Just tonight, the Senate preliminarily approved the gun control bill with a final vote expected tomorrow. No amendments to change the bill were successful. http://www.capitalgazette.com/ news/government/vote-expected- on-o-malley-s-gun-control- bill-on/article_2c95213a-f3e0- 59bf-a22a-3cec8675c134.html

After the Senate votes, the bill will move to the Maryland House of Delegates.

FRIDAY, MARCH 1st

HB 294, which is the House version of SB281, together with several other gun bills, will be heard in a joint session of theJudiciary and Health and Government Operations Committees. This hearing will take place at Noon in the Legislative Services Building.

If you want to testify regarding this bill please sign up in the House Office Building anytime after 9 AM that morning, but before 12 noon. If you file written testimony, please bring 70 copies of your remarks to ensure each member has one.

There will be an anti-gun rally held on March 1st in Lawyers Mall.

Pro-2nd Amendment rights activities will occur inside on March 1st, so stay tuned for details.

TUESDAY, MARCH 5th

There will be a pro-gun rally at 11am on Lawyer's Mall in Annapolis.

In addition, the Senate Judicial Proceeding Committee and theHouse Judiciary Committee will be holding 1pm hearings on gun legislation. Click the "schedule" tab on each committee page for more information on the bills being discussed that day.

Thank you again for writing to me regarding gun legislation in Maryland. I hope this information is helpful to you and I will plan to give you more updates as we find out more information.

Sincerely,

Neil

Delegate Neil C. Parrott, P.E.
    Maryland House of Delegates
    6 Bladen Street, Room 320
    Annapolis, MD 21401
    1-800-492-7122 x3636
    neil.parrott@house.state.md.us
    District Office Contact
    P.O. Box 32 Funkstown, MD 21734-0032
    240-329-0293

"Politics ought to be the part-time profession of every citizen who would protect the rights and privileges of free men."

v Dwight D. Eisenhower

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom