• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I am planning on attending the membership meetings in June to join. A few questions for you guys who are members.
    - I took a class up there a while back and we shot across the stream at a "new" pistol range, is that area still good? It was an open area in which you could move and shoot, etc.
    - there was talk of starting some 3 gun stuff, any word?
    - can you holster, move and shoot, etc.?
    - do they allow steel targets? Things like spinners, etc if I bring them.
    - are there campgrounds?

Thanks in advance
    TD

'04 Cummins

Defenestrator
    I am planning on attending the membership meetings in June to join. A few questions for you guys who are members.
    - I took a class up there a while back and we shot across the stream at a "new" pistol range, is that area still good? It was an open area in which you could move and shoot, etc. I have never seen anyone shooting over there, not sure what the official status of that area is. I haven't been to a meeting in a while.
    - there was talk of starting some 3 gun stuff, any word?
    - can you holster, move and shoot, etc.? Holster draw every time, and I move and shoot a lot if there is no one else there (often)
    - do they allow steel targets? Things like spinners, etc if I bring them. The rules say paper targets or clays only, but have seen a few people set up steel spinners at the 100 yard line for rimfire only and no one has said anything.
    - are there campgrounds?

Thanks in advance
    TD

Answers in red...

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Its pretty laid back. I guess you can "shoot n'move" and basically use the entire range for yourself, but I wouldn't expect that. You may get "lucky" and be
    there by yourself, but there are still nearly 1,000 members according to the last annual newsletter

I've never had a bad experience the years I've been a member, although I don't use the club as much as some since I shoot on Private land anyway.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I was reading the rules and noticed it says you can only bring a guest one time and then they have to apply for membership? Really?

I can understand a limit in the amount of guests, like one guest per visit per membership, but this seems a little extreme to me. Any members here that can chime in? Am I just reading it wrong?

TD

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    I was reading the rules and noticed it says you can only bring a guest one time and then they have to apply for membership? Really? I can understand a limit in the amount of guests, like one guest per visit per membership, but this seems a little extreme to me. Any members here that can chime in? Am I just reading it wrong? TD

Probably in place so the system doesn't get abused. If you're bringing the same person every week they probably should join but I doubt anyone is keeping tabs on it or would say anything if you brought a guest s few times. I usually have the place to myself.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Bump, the guest/1 time was bolded in a news letter once a few years back out of nowhere, I just assumed a member kept bringing their buddy every week and someone else was noticing and didn't like that.

I know another person who asked about the guest policy during a meeting years ago and got a little static on the answer.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I have joined no everyone seemed real nice. I wish they would have some sort of "big brother adoption" or something to show me the ropes. Really only saw the rifle range, went over the rules, etc. would like to know about more of the property.

As far as the guest thing goes, I'll just play it by ear and if any friends end up wanting to go regularly I'll tell them to join.

TD

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    I have joined no everyone seemed real nice. I wish they would have some sort of "big brother adoption" or something to show me the ropes. Really only saw the rifle range, went over the rules, etc. would like to know about more of the property. As far as the guest thing goes, I'll just play it by ear and if any friends end up wanting to go regularly I'll tell them to join. TD

As long as your guests are responsible and respectful I doubt you'll ever have an issue. The more people you introduce to shooting the better things will become for us all.

If you have someone who wants to go a lot they will get their money's worth just going a couple times if you compare the yearly dues to what it would cost to rent a lane at an indoor range.

There really is just the rifle range, pistol range, and archery range as far as I know. It's not a huge club but dues are very reasonable and I've never had to wait for a spot to shoot. I usually take pistols and rifles and start on whatever range is less crowded if there are others shooting. Often times I have one of the ranges to myself.

Orthogonal

Jul 23, 2013
    Bel Air
    I just joined last week. Everyone was real friendly. At the range orientation, Larry A said that the new berm off to the right across the stream was to be a new pistol range. I assume that it gets used for club events only at the moment - perhaps one of the steel shoot guys knows more.

They are also making some improvements on the property soon (paved parking lot etc)

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Orthogonal, I guess I was in your meeting as well. We are like classmates! Lol

I took an advanced pistol course at the club a while back, it's the reason I got to see the club and decided to join, and we used that area across the stream.

TD

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom