• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    America has a severe weight problem. It's time we take action and take it now. We need to take a hard look at America's food culture and set plans in motion to restrict spoons that allow young children to eat high amounts of fattening foods in a short amount of time. Nobody needs these instruments of obesity.

It's for the children!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...n-spoon-control-legislation-congress/gdMC98WZ

The goal of this petition is to force the Obama Administration to produce legislation that limits access to spoons. While a national dialogue is critical, laws are the only means in which we can reduce the number of people killed in obesity related deaths.

Powerful lobbying groups allow the ownership of spoons to reach beyond the Constitution's intended purpose of the right to eat fruits and vegetables. Therefore, Congress must act on what is stated law, and face the reality that access to fatty foods reaches beyond what the founders intended to achieve.

The signatures on this petition represent a collective demand for a bipartisan discussion resulting in a set of laws that regulates how a citizen obtains a spoon.

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    But forks are still ok right? What about sporks? That sounds like a deadly tactical combination. Poke AND scoop.

FlatsFlite

Aug 6, 2012
    King George, VA
    Lists

There needs to be an inclusive banned list: forks, knives (non hunting, carving etc) spoons. But we should allow some form of eating utensil. I'm thinking at least one spoon and/or fork a month as long as it is recycled plastic and is no longer the 4" in length. Or maybe, just go with a spork or pair of chopsticks.

By the way, we aren't faring well on the votes.

Attachments

• WH Petitions.jpg
      WH Petitions.jpg
      86.1 KB · Views: 210

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    :lol:@chris

wtf is it with the third petition?

"Yes, finally a really tragic shooting!! This is the day!! Quick get my pen! We need to draft something!"

mtb

May 24, 2011
    There are several pro-2a petitions there; several of them are repeats of the same thing. I just signed all the pro-2a ones I could find.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Come on people this petition needs signatures! We can't do it alone!
    We have to stand together against the evil spoon lobby. Children across the country ingest thousands of calories per day with the help of these terrible inventions, which are created for the sole purpose of ingesting calories! We are considering partnering with PETA to help end the madness.

Braxtonian

Dec 10, 2010
    Greencastle, PA
    I added this petition to my facebook, I'm actually going to try to get people to sign it. I even went over the top a little, praising bloomberg for taking the first step by banning high capacity beverage containers.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I added this petition to my facebook, I'm actually going to try to get people to sign it. I even went over the top a little, praising bloomberg for taking the first step by banning high capacity beverage containers.

Brilliant! Thank you for helping the cause!

BigT

Large Member
    Dec 20, 2011
    Hagerstown area
    I am in full support of the spoon ban and think it should include the even more deathly spork....

But what about Straws - without "long" straws (a.k.a. Assault Straws) Bloomberg wouldn't have to ban high capacity soda cups if these dangerous implements of death were not allowed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom