• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    So do you have a flat bending Jig Numidian? I ask because my buddy and I have been sitting on our kits and flats since last Feb and I'm like a kid with a couple bucks burning a whole in my pocket and I want to get the damn thing done lol. The 17th would work for me and my buddy to finish demill(we got the receiver remains off but couldn't get the barrel pin out or the rear rivets all the way out. Let me know.

Joe

Yes I do... I need to come up with a welder for the rails... (Most places say to use a spot welder, I personally am going to MIG mine and then I'll grind them flat/smooth) If you're going to be anal about your flat...

The other thing we need is an oxy acetylene torch to heat treat the ejector and fcg holes....

The MIG and the torch I should be able to borrow from friends/neighbors.

tpy77

Ultimate Member
    Sep 27, 2007
    P.G. Co.
    Need a Ride to Demil...

Have a ride now. Hopefully we can get something more done this time around.:banghead: Ted

Last edited:

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    Finished my de-mil all by myself! Used a BIG cold chisel and hammer on the front trunnion rivets, and split the reciever remnant with the dremmel. The barrel pin yielded to a large pin punch, and the barrel came out with a gear puller.

Time to BUILD!

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    GOB - :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Received the trigger guard rivet removal tool in the mail yesterday. This should take care of what we need it to. Along with the barrel press kit and trigger guard rivet (installation) jig.
    I also picked up my receivers from Gideon's last weekend. I'm ready to roll :thumbsup:

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Numidian.....Are things still looking good for the 17th? I ask because I need to settle getting time off from work for the 17th if we are still doing this and also pick up an extra flat or 2 to maybe bend if time allows. Also, what can I bring that can help out? I've got an angle grinder, 2 dremels, and some other assorted tools. Beer is also an essential tool and I need to know your preference.

Joe

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Numidian.....Are things still looking good for the 17th? I ask because I need to settle getting time off from work for the 17th if we are still doing this and also pick up an extra flat or 2 to maybe bend if time allows. Also, what can I bring that can help out? I've got an angle grinder, 2 dremels, and some other assorted tools. Beer is also an essential tool and I need to know your preference.

Joe

Yea everything looks good here... I need to get my hands on a welder for welding in rails... But that shouldn't be too hard. I also need to come up with some MAPP gas for heat treating...

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Yea everything looks good here... I need to get my hands on a welder for welding in rails... But that shouldn't be too hard. I also need to come up with some MAPP gas for heat treating...

Would the little canisters work? I can always pick up a couple. At least I think I can - are they still available at the hardware places. I haven't had a need in years, and I've never looked.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Would the little canisters work? I can always pick up a couple. At least I think I can - are they still available at the hardware places. I haven't had a need in years, and I've never looked.

Yea, thats what I'm going to get...I honestly have no idea how long a canister will last for heat treating. I also need to get a torch head for them.

biermkr

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2007
    Almost Heaven
    Lowes sells the MAPP cylinder and trigger start kit for 40-50 bucks. I am buying one for my household and heat treating chores! I really wish we could have put these demill and sheet metal parties together during the winter months I am pretty much tied up on the weekends till mid July. You guys have fun and I think i am going to start investing in some shop tools to finish my stuff at home. Hope to make it to the next forum shoot.

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    Anyone else coming from the Bowie area? Maybe do a carpool. I just recieved my 7MM endmill, one of my builds has a virgin barrel. Havn't done a virgin in years!

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    Finished up locating and drilling both recievers for trunnion rivits, front and rear. Looks like I just need to use rivet squeezer and trigger guard jig. i can bring the tools iI used to get this far if anyone else needs to use them. Tomorrow I will try to do a homemade press to headspace the virgin barrel and mill for the barrel pin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom