• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    So I was bored yesterday and today and I demilled one Romy kit and my underfolder rear trunnion...

Fawkin easy is all I have to say....

Grinder and some screwdrivers to pop the receiver stubs off...about 10 minutes per stub(front half and back half)

Hardest thing I did was tearing down the underfolder... I don't have a proper punch set, so I was using nails as punches :lol:

So if any of you guys want/need some help demil'ing a kit... Just say the word and you can come trip over stuff in my garage with me and we'll get it done :lol::lol:

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Definitely interested once we get the kits. Where are you located? I don't think I'm down with the "nail" punch thing. If we're going to be de-milling a lot of these, I may go out and buy a punch set-if no one else has any.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    I'm in Hazzard... And the nail as a punch was only to disassemble the underfolder mechanism...

I also didn't actually get the rivets out of the trunnions... I just got the reciever stubs off. I'm leaning towards weld builds and for them you leave the trunnion half of the rivet in the trunnion, just grind it flat.

But if you want to get the rivets all the way out, it shouldn't be an issue, I've got a drill press and some large punches

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom