• ...and so much more!
  • Squad40

$240 worth of pudding
    Mar 28, 2009
    Maryland State Police
    Deputy State Fire Marshal I
    Maryland State Agency Job Announcement
    Skilled & Professional
    The Office of the State Fire Marshal is currently seeking applicants for the position of Deputy State Fire Marshal I, a sworn law enforcement position. A Deputy State Fire Marshal I enforces State laws in the field of fire prevention, fire investigation, and fire inspection.

Announcement Number: 10-4098-001

SALARY: $38,758 - $58,811 - Salary reductions may apply per Executive Order 01.01.2009.11 – State Employees’ Furlough and Temporary Salary Reduction Plan. These rates are in effect until June 30, 2010. State of Maryland salary rules apply to current employees.

POSITION DUTIES: A Deputy State Fire Marshal I is the entry level of work in the enforcement of State laws in the field of fire prevention, fire investigation and fire inspection. As a Deputy Fire Marshal I, you will serve the citizens of Maryland by:

• Providing fire safety inspections to business and multi-family occupancies.
    • Enforcing State fire safety laws.
    • Determining the origin and cause of fires.
    • Investigating arson fires and arresting those responsible.
    • Providing fire safety information.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Each candidate must have:

Education: High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate accepted by the Maryland State Board of Education as described in the Police Training Commission regulation.

Experience: None

Note: The above educational requirement is set by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Public Safety Article §3-207.

LICENSES, REGISTRATION AND CERTIFICATES:

1. Employees in this classification who have not already done so must successfully complete the Entrance Level Police Training Course required by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission during the probationary period.
    2. Employees in this classification will be required to secure police officer certification as required by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission during the probationary period.

SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE CLASSIFICATION:

1. Employees must meet the selection standards required and successfully complete the training prescribed by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission for a police officer in accordance with the Annotated Code of Maryland, Public safety Article, Section 6-303 or be eligible for comparative compliance training, approved by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission. Selection standards for police officer training are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations 12.04.01.04 and include the following:

U.S. Citizenship
    Must be at least 21 years of age
    A completed background investigation, including a check of criminal history
    Oral interview
    Physical examination
    Possession of a driver's license valid in the State of Maryland.

2. Employees in this classification will be required to bear firearms and to demonstrate practical knowledge and proficiency in the safe use and care of firearms on a periodic basis, as required by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission.

3. Employees in this classification are assigned duties in a given service area.

4. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the employer with a phone number where they can be reached.

5. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.

HIRING PROCESS:

Do Not Submit An Ms-100 State Employment Application Unless You Reach Step 3.

Step 1: Applicant Orientation & Pre-application - ALL applicants must attend a mandatory Applicant Orientation conducted by the Office of the State Fire Marshal (dates and locations listed below). No exceptions. Applicant Orientation will provide you with information about the Agency, job duties, and the hiring process. Applicants will complete a brief pre-application. Applicants meeting the Deputy State Fire Marshal I qualification criteria will be scheduled for the Functional Fitness Assessment to be conducted in November 2010.

Step 2: Functional Fitness Assessment Test (FFAT) - The FFAT is a measure of an applicant’s level of fitness and physical preparedness for police academy training (FFAT standards listed below). The FFAT will be conducted under the guidance of Maryland State Police Fitness Coordinators. Please consult your doctor before participating in FFAT.

Step 3: Written Examination - Applicants meeting the requirements of the FFAT will then submit an MS-100 State Employment Application. Applicants will then be scheduled for the written examination. The written examination is designed to measure the candidates’ knowledge, skills, and abilities as they relate to the duties of this job classification.

Final Stages: Applicants who meet the requirements following the written examination will be certified to the Eligible List for at least one year and continue in the hiring process which includes an oral examination, background investigation, polygraph exam and a medical and psychological examination.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: As a Deputy State Fire Marshal I you will be provided with:

• Take-home car
    • Protective clothing
    • Clothing allowance
    • Training/Continuing Education
    • Challenging work
    • Statewide assignments
    • Retirement after 25 years of service or at the age of 50

APPLICANT ORIENTATION: (NO LATE ADMISSION)

September 28, 2010 - 7:00 PM at Easton Fire Hall
    315 Aurora Park Dr.
    Easton, MD 21601

September 29, 2010 - 7:00 PM at Mechanicsville Vol. Fire Co.
    Training Room
    28165 Hills Club Road
    Mechanicsville, MD 20659

September 30, 2010 7:00 PM at Community Rescue Services
    110 Eastern Boulevard North
    Hagerstown, MD 21740

October 2, 2010 10:00 AM at Maryland State Police Headquarters
    Office of the State Fire Marshal
    Building ‘C’ Training Room
    1201 Reisterstown Road
    Pikesville, MD 21208

STANDARDS for the FUNCTIONAL FITNESS ASSESSMENT TEST (FFAT):

• Push-ups: eighteen (18) in one minute
    • Sit-ups: twenty-seven (27) in one minute
    • Flexibility: approximately 1.5 inches beyond toes (while seated)
    • 1.5 Mile Run: maximum time of 15 minutes and 20 seconds (15:20)
    Maryland State Police
    Deputy State Fire Marshal I
    Maryland State Agency Job Announcement
    Skilled & Professional
    The Office of the State Fire Marshal is currently seeking applicants for the position of Deputy State Fire Marshal I, a sworn law enforcement position. A Deputy State Fire Marshal I enforces State laws in the field of fire prevention, fire investigation, and fire inspection.

Announcement Number: 10-4098-001

SALARY: $38,758 - $58,811 - Salary reductions may apply per Executive Order 01.01.2009.11 – State Employees’ Furlough and Temporary Salary Reduction Plan. These rates are in effect until June 30, 2010. State of Maryland salary rules apply to current employees.

POSITION DUTIES: A Deputy State Fire Marshal I is the entry level of work in the enforcement of State laws in the field of fire prevention, fire investigation and fire inspection. As a Deputy Fire Marshal I, you will serve the citizens of Maryland by:

• Providing fire safety inspections to business and multi-family occupancies.
    • Enforcing State fire safety laws.
    • Determining the origin and cause of fires.
    • Investigating arson fires and arresting those responsible.
    • Providing fire safety information.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Each candidate must have:

Education: High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate accepted by the Maryland State Board of Education as described in the Police Training Commission regulation.

Experience: None

Note: The above educational requirement is set by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Public Safety Article §3-207.

LICENSES, REGISTRATION AND CERTIFICATES:

1. Employees in this classification who have not already done so must successfully complete the Entrance Level Police Training Course required by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission during the probationary period.
    2. Employees in this classification will be required to secure police officer certification as required by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission during the probationary period.

SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE CLASSIFICATION:

1. Employees must meet the selection standards required and successfully complete the training prescribed by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission for a police officer in accordance with the Annotated Code of Maryland, Public safety Article, Section 6-303 or be eligible for comparative compliance training, approved by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission. Selection standards for police officer training are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations 12.04.01.04 and include the following:

U.S. Citizenship
    Must be at least 21 years of age
    A completed background investigation, including a check of criminal history
    Oral interview
    Physical examination
    Possession of a driver's license valid in the State of Maryland.

2. Employees in this classification will be required to bear firearms and to demonstrate practical knowledge and proficiency in the safe use and care of firearms on a periodic basis, as required by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission.

3. Employees in this classification are assigned duties in a given service area.

4. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the employer with a phone number where they can be reached.

5. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.

HIRING PROCESS:

Do Not Submit An Ms-100 State Employment Application Unless You Reach Step 3.

Step 1: Applicant Orientation & Pre-application - ALL applicants must attend a mandatory Applicant Orientation conducted by the Office of the State Fire Marshal (dates and locations listed below). No exceptions. Applicant Orientation will provide you with information about the Agency, job duties, and the hiring process. Applicants will complete a brief pre-application. Applicants meeting the Deputy State Fire Marshal I qualification criteria will be scheduled for the Functional Fitness Assessment to be conducted in November 2010.

Step 2: Functional Fitness Assessment Test (FFAT) - The FFAT is a measure of an applicant’s level of fitness and physical preparedness for police academy training (FFAT standards listed below). The FFAT will be conducted under the guidance of Maryland State Police Fitness Coordinators. Please consult your doctor before participating in FFAT.

Step 3: Written Examination - Applicants meeting the requirements of the FFAT will then submit an MS-100 State Employment Application. Applicants will then be scheduled for the written examination. The written examination is designed to measure the candidates’ knowledge, skills, and abilities as they relate to the duties of this job classification.

Final Stages: Applicants who meet the requirements following the written examination will be certified to the Eligible List for at least one year and continue in the hiring process which includes an oral examination, background investigation, polygraph exam and a medical and psychological examination.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: As a Deputy State Fire Marshal I you will be provided with:

• Take-home car
    • Protective clothing
    • Clothing allowance
    • Training/Continuing Education
    • Challenging work
    • Statewide assignments
    • Retirement after 25 years of service or at the age of 50

APPLICANT ORIENTATION: (NO LATE ADMISSION)

September 28, 2010 - 7:00 PM at Easton Fire Hall
    315 Aurora Park Dr.
    Easton, MD 21601

September 29, 2010 - 7:00 PM at Mechanicsville Vol. Fire Co.
    Training Room
    28165 Hills Club Road
    Mechanicsville, MD 20659

September 30, 2010 7:00 PM at Community Rescue Services
    110 Eastern Boulevard North
    Hagerstown, MD 21740

October 2, 2010 10:00 AM at Maryland State Police Headquarters
    Office of the State Fire Marshal
    Building ‘C’ Training Room
    1201 Reisterstown Road
    Pikesville, MD 21208

STANDARDS for the FUNCTIONAL FITNESS ASSESSMENT TEST (FFAT):

• Push-ups: eighteen (18) in one minute
    • Sit-ups: twenty-seven (27) in one minute
    • Flexibility: approximately 1.5 inches beyond toes (while seated)
    • 1.5 Mile Run: maximum time of 15 minutes and 20 seconds (15:20)

Squad40

$240 worth of pudding
    Mar 28, 2009
    I'd be all over it if I didn't love my job so much.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom