• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hellrazr78

May 20, 2011
    Balt. Co.
    Well, at this point I guess I am just blaming being a lefty. When I fire the pistol, it will lock the slide back after every shot. So far I have narrowed it down to my shooting. It isn't the guns fault as two people (righties) have shot it and it chambered the second round as it should. My thoughts as to what the issue may be is that when I fire a shot, since my trigger finger rests right below and against the slide lock, the recoil is making my finger push the slide lock up.

I am going to hit the range again soon and shoot it righty and see if I get the same results. It's hard for me to believe that I am limp wristing it because I am squeezing the hell out of it and locking my elbows equally as tight. I'm not saying it isn't the cause but it's hard for me to believe.

Do you have any thoughts? Did you have any of the same issues?

Also, I shoot at Freestate Gun Range on the 43 extension. Real nice place.

Hol3shot

Sweet...
    Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena MD
    Your definitely holding it either too tight, or limp wristing it. It is more the anticipation of recoil than anything with these. You have to just shoot it like you would a 9mm and you'll be fine. I've been shooting them in the 6-7" ring everytime now and it feels great. It does take a while and some discipline though, it isn't a given, more earned with the DE.
    Give it some time and practice and I'm sure you'll be firing off multiple mags all on target with no hickups.

If I can get a babysitter and the timing works out, I would definitely be down to meet at Free State or On Target to get some dual DE shooting in. It helps to have someone show you how to shoot them. I got a lot of help back in the day from a guy that owned 5-6 of them and schooled me on their subtle differences and how to handle their recoil. I'd rather shoot 5-600 rounds of DE than my GP-100 in .357. The trick is in handling the anticipation factor and the DE's weight.
    I'm NO EXPERT by far, but I'd be willing to pass on what has been shown to me.

Hellrazr78

May 20, 2011
    Balt. Co.
    Man I would love if you could give me some pointers. Especially being a fellow lefty (badass)

I've never been to On Target. I already have paperwork done at Freestate so we could go right in and get lane time if you would be down for that.

Hol3shot

Sweet...
    Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena MD
    Man I would love if you could give me some pointers. Especially being a fellow lefty (badass)

I've never been to On Target. I already have paperwork done at Freestate so we could go right in and get lane time if you would be down for that.

I've been there a couple times now and would be down to meet up there. It all depends on if I can get a sitter one of these days. The wife is in training now (CAST - Combat Airman sometime training ;) ). I'll pick her up there next Wed., and then she flies out on the 30th for a year.
    So unless something comes up between now and Tues, it'll have to be until she is gone, because I plan on using these last 3 days/nights wisely :party29: I've got 6 months of no booty to look forward to; I'm getting the camera's ready now, and stocked up on lube :D

Hellrazr78

May 20, 2011
    Balt. Co.
    lol well no problem. I can continue practicing in the meantime.

Sounds like you have some preparing to do so no worries. Please thank you're wife for me as well. I appreciate both of your services.

TheGibster

Aug 17, 2010
    Dorchester County
    I've certainly TRIED to aquire a DE.....ordered the 6" multi-barreled sytem back in June '09....got tired of waiting and sent an e-mail to Magnum Research (credit given; they will reply within 24 hrs)...but unfortunately they are having problems with the .357 componentry....told me it will be at least 2012 for the kit....I have since changed my order to just the .50 in polished chrome....hoping to see it in 2 months

No more special orders for me.....use the internet and find what you want without the wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom