• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ptman2000

Aug 19, 2013
    Riva, MD
    I mailed my application in to get my designated collector license on sept 3rd. And I wanted to call and follow up to see where it was. Does anyone know a contact person and number to call? Thanks!

MattFive

Nov 10, 2012
    Gambrills, MD
    I thought I had it but I guess not...

If you search the forum for the keywords "Trooper" or "TFC" and "Thompson" that should get you what you're looking for.

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    I applied for mine in early 2012 and I recall 35 days door to door.

Probably longer now with everything going on.

Cronus

Aug 8, 2013
    Pasadena
    I emailed her last week and she was on the week I sent mine in. This is what she emailed me on Thursday, 9/26:

"I am currently processing DC apps received on Aug 21st.... along with several other tasks that take priority over this one, unfortunately.
    Thank you"

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Wow! This state now gives collectors licenses. I wonder what kind of BS the make you jump through to get that.

They've been doing it for years and it's FREE. You just fill out the form, send it in, and you get it. Providing you pass whatever screening they do. No hoops. One of the ONLY things firearms related in MD. that has an up side.

Darn SRD beat me to it.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    They've been doing it for years and it's FREE. You just fill out the form, send it in, and you get it. Providing you pass whatever screening they do. No hoops. One of the ONLY things firearms related in MD. that has an up side.

Except for the fact that is really isn't useful anymore:sad20:

sundaeman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 16, 2008
    Wow! This state now gives collectors licenses. I wonder what kind of BS the make you jump through to get that.

Nowadays you fill out a form/affidavit, get it notarized and mail it in. I'd guess the "designated collector" has been around for over 13 years.

Trooper Thompson in my experience has been quite helpful. :thumbsup:

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    I mailed my application in to get my designated collector license on sept 3rd. And I wanted to call and follow up to see where it was. Does anyone know a contact person and number to call? Thanks!

I got mine on 10/1. Oh the irony!

45 days from mailing to receipt.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Except for the fact that is really isn't useful anymore:sad20:

Sure it is. You can buy more than one handgun a month, and you're covered if you're moving all or part of your collection around for a "private exhibition" of said collection.

Objee

Oct 3, 2013
    Although you may have to pay for a notary, unless you have access to a free one.

By law, notary fees are cheap, I paid $3 at a UPS store to notarize my collector app.

Bank Of America will notarize docs for any of their account holders at no charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom